News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

NewsBot

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett would not go so far as to say Tony Romo will not go on injured reserve as the quarterback recovers from a compression fracture in his back, but Garrett laid out why Romo remains on the active roster today.

“In Tony’s case, the IR term is for eight weeks and we feel like, given what the injury is and the progress he’s made, we feel at this point we want to do that,” Garrett said. “We don’t want to eliminate him from eight weeks of our schedule. He’s making progress. We take his situation day by day and week by week and we’re optimistic he can return.”

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

slick325

Reaction score
I'll stick with my prediction that Romo returns week 5 against Cincinnati. If not, definitely week 6 against Green Bay.

I think he will feel better by the San Fran game week 4, which will be over 5 weeks since the injury. But, he will be held out until the bone heals which will be at 6 weeks from injury. That is the Thursday before week 5 against Cincinnati.

Just my two pennies...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'll stick with my prediction that Romo returns week 5 against Cincinnati. If not, definitely week 6 against Green Bay.

I think he will feel better by the San Fran game week 4, which will be over 5 weeks since the injury. But, he will be held out until the bone heals which will be at 6 weeks from injury. That is the Thursday before week 5 against Cincinnati.

Just my two pennies...

I'm picking week 4 against the 49ers. Of course I will be there and it reminds me of the game in 2013 where he came back with cracked ribs and a punctured lung to beat them in OT.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm picking week 4 against the 49ers. Of course I will be there and it reminds me of the game in 2013 where he came back with cracked ribs and a punctured lung to beat them in OT.

Not mad at you Jarv...a little selfish predicting never hurt anyone. Lol! Hey, as long as he feels fine and the staff says the bone is healed enough that no structural damage can occur by playing...I hope you're right and get to see Tony play week 4.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett would not go so far as to say Tony Romo will not go on injured reserve as the quarterback recovers from a compression fracture in his back, but Garrett laid out why Romo remains on the active roster today.

“In Tony’s case, the IR term is for eight weeks and we feel like, given what the injury is and the progress he’s made, we feel at this point we want to do that,” Garrett said. “We don’t want to eliminate him from eight weeks of our schedule. He’s making progress. We take his situation day by day and week by week and we’re optimistic he can return.”

Continue reading...

Lots of other factors are going to play into all of this. Mainly the play of Dak and the wins and losses of this team. And possibly other injuries. If this team is humming along and is 4-2 or better, I dont think they are going to rush back Romo. For more than just his health. If they are 500 or worse I think then they will rush him back.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score

Just my two pennies...

A Romo return against the Bengals is not at all far fetched. He will be over 6 weeks removed from the injury, so a return by then is very possible.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Lots of other factors are going to play into all of this. Mainly the play of Dak and the wins and losses of this team. And possibly other injuries. If this team is humming along and is 4-2 or better, I dont think they are going to rush back Romo. For more than just his health. If they are 500 or worse I think then they will rush him back.

I don't think they will rush him back at all, regardless. I think Tony will play when Tony is ready to play, whether we are 6-0 or 0-6, won't make a difference. I think they did rush him back last year and they paid the price and I don't think they will go down that road again. As much as some people hate it, this is Tony's team and will be regardless of how Dak plays while he is out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't think they will rush him back at all, regardless. I think Tony will play when Tony is ready to play, whether we are 6-0 or 0-6, won't make a difference. I think they did rush him back last year and they paid the price and I don't think they will go down that road again. As much as some people hate it, this is Tony's team and will be regardless of how Dak plays while he is out.

Yah, not with you on that one. This brass has shown how desperate they are to win now at all costs no matter what regardless of how smart or dumb it is. Jones was talking about playoffs when we were like 2-6 last year.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Yah, not with you on that one. This brass has shown how desperate they are to win now at all costs no matter what regardless of how smart or dumb it is. Jones was talking about playoffs when we were like 2-6 last year.

I realize that, however, I don't believe after last year, they will rush him back. IT would be better to sit him another game or two, regardless of the record, than to lose him again for the rest of the year. While I don't have much confidence in Jerry, I do think that Jason and Stephen do learn from past mistakes.

slick325

Reaction score

Thanks for posting speedkilz88...already started rehab is interesting. Broaddus has been in the 4-6 weeks camp and this would appear to fit that timeline. He'll likely begin throwing the ball next week.