News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I realize that, however, I don't believe after last year, they will rush him back. IT would be better to sit him another game or two, regardless of the record, than to lose him again for the rest of the year. While I don't have much confidence in Jerry, I do think that Jason and Stephen do learn from past mistakes.

Learning from a mistake is certainly a better angle. Im just not as positive. Jerry always thinks we can edge into the playoffs and make a SB run. I think it would be smart to wait, but I dont think they will do it if we are losing games.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems that Garrett is not as sold on Dak's pretend season performance as some are. I hope, after Sunday, Garrett doesn't amend that to hour by hour and be calling Romo several times a day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"The earliest he could possibly return would be Oct. 9 versus the Cincinnati Bengals...." I wonder where Archer got that from.

In any event, he's week to week until I hear otherwise as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to consider him out 4 games and then I'll start wondering again where he's at with his rehab.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems that Garrett is not as sold on Dak's pretend season performance as some are. I hope, after Sunday, Garrett doesn't amend that to hour by hour and be calling Romo several times a day.

Listengin to today's PC, Garrett seemed intent on keeping the rookies grounded, to me. If he's got a legitimate QB controversy in a couple of weeks, that's the best possible scenario. Between now and then, though, it's a steady diet of 'putting yourself in the best position to succeed' and 'stacking good days on top of each other.' Which is probably the best course, given the situation.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
QB controversy will divide this fanbase. I can definitely see Romo coming back too soon and getting hurt again. My hope at that point is we can finally move on. Just as Danny White is not appreciated properly, that is the fate of Tony Romo.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
QB controversy will divide this fanbase. I can definitely see Romo coming back too soon and getting hurt again. My hope at that point is we can finally move on. Just as Danny White is not appreciated properly, that is the fate of Tony Romo.

So...is there going to be a QB controversy or is Romo going to get hurt again? If he gets hurt, there won't be a controversy. Call me crazy, but when reading between the lines of your post, I have this feeling that you're fully on the Dak side of things. I think you want to "finally move on" sooner rather than later. Sorry, Romo isn't going to oblige.

Silverstar

Reaction score
tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-inline.jpg

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lots of other factors are going to play into all of this. Mainly the play of Dak and the wins and losses of this team. And possibly other injuries. If this team is humming along and is 4-2 or better, I dont think they are going to rush back Romo. For more than just his health. If they are 500 or worse I think then they will rush him back.

This assumes coming back after missing 6 games would be "rushing" back. It's possible that's giving him extra time to heal.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We won't divide evenly. It'll be two groups: one that doesn't want Tony at all anymore, and one that likes both Dak and Tony. Unless Dak sucks, in which case the group that doesn't want Tony anymore will go back to wanting Tony and switch to complaining about Jerry and/or Garrett instead.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
I'll stick with my prediction that Romo returns week 5 against Cincinnati. If not, definitely week 6 against Green Bay.

I think he will feel better by the San Fran game week 4, which will be over 5 weeks since the injury. But, he will be held out until the bone heals which will be at 6 weeks from injury. That is the Thursday before week 5 against Cincinnati.

Just my two pennies...
I hope he doesn't return against Geno.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Day by day week by week........this is a recording.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hunch is it will depend on how the season is going. He won't hesitate to coming back even if it's a risk on him personally. And Jerry won't stop him.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett would not go so far as to say Tony Romo will not go on injured reserve as the quarterback recovers from a compression fracture in his back, but Garrett laid out why Romo remains on the active roster today.

“In Tony’s case, the IR term is for eight weeks and we feel like, given what the injury is and the progress he’s made, we feel at this point we want to do that,” Garrett said. “We don’t want to eliminate him from eight weeks of our schedule. He’s making progress. We take his situation day by day and week by week and we’re optimistic he can return.”

Continue reading...
Healed up like last time or the time before that? Because my definition of healed means the injury will not immediately reoccur after contact or will not cause another injury in a similar area to occur after being healed.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Contrast the Cowboys' approach with the Rangers' approach. Rangers give injured players all the time necessary to heal NO MATTER WHAT THE PLAYER SAYS. They aren't panicky or reactive in their decisions. They know what they are doing and they are confident in accomplishing their goals independent of any one player. The difference in these two front offices and the trajectory of the organizations is like night and day.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'm picking week 4 against the 49ers. Of course I will be there and it reminds me of the game in 2013 where he came back with cracked ribs and a punctured lung to beat them in OT.
Well I'm going with Big Bill on this one...what about conditioning? I hope they've got something in that new fangled Star that's gonna keep him football ready in a brokeback mountain state of affairs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Back by game 3 or 4. Book it

That's what i'm guessing.

If we start 2-0 it could push it back a little further.

Giants

@ Commanders

Bears

@ 49ers

We should be able to get out of this 3-1 possibly 4-0 if Dak is a capable player.

We could just as easily be 0-2.

Dallas really needs to take advantage of these 4 games though because it's a soft spot in the schedule.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Lets face it, the only reason Garrett has kept his job is because of Romo's amazing ability to keep plays alive and keeping the DC in the game in the 4th quarter. I think everyone can agree on that.

Last edited: