News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

haleyrules

Reaction score
We won't divide evenly. It'll be two groups: one that doesn't want Tony at all anymore, and one that likes both Dak and Tony. Unless Dak sucks, in which case the group that doesn't want Tony anymore will go back to wanting Tony and switch to complaining about Jerry and/or Garrett instead.
lol. Which they should!! Tony is at the end. Lets hope Prescott shines or get ready to draft a franchise QB with a VERY high pick next draft!! Still can not use the name Dak...it is just too Brokeback Mountain for me...;)

slick325

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't return against Geno.

It's the NFL BAZ...whenever he comes back he'll be faced with a tough pass rusher...(insert the jokes saying that is true of every DL/3-4 OLB except Dallas).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Great to hear Romo is healing but here's hoping Jerry can hold his water long enough to allow him to heal properly.

I'm having visions of Jerry following behind him, breathing down his neck, saying are you ready yet, huh, huh, huh?

CWR

Reaction score
Not mad at you Jarv...a little selfish predicting never hurt anyone. Lol! Hey, as long as he feels fine and the staff says the bone is healed enough that no structural damage can occur by playing...I hope you're right and get to see Tony play week 4.

Too bad our staff has such a weak track record.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Lets face it, the only reason Garrett has kept his job is because of Romo's amazing ability to keep plays alive and keeping the DC in the game in the 4th quarter. I think everyone can agree on that.
he's kept his job cause of JJ, and for no other reason alone. he shouldve been gone along time ago.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I'll stick with my prediction that Romo returns week 5 against Cincinnati. If not, definitely week 6 against Green Bay.

I think he will feel better by the San Fran game week 4, which will be over 5 weeks since the injury. But, he will be held out until the bone heals which will be at 6 weeks from injury. That is the Thursday before week 5 against Cincinnati.

Just my two pennies...
Well the more QB's that can play the better !!!! I said play--- not Matt Cassel !!!!!

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It's the NFL BAZ...whenever he comes back he'll be faced with a tough pass rusher...(insert the jokes saying that is true of every DL/3-4 OLB except Dallas).
Ginos a killer, I'd love Marrinelli to have a weapon like him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My hunch is it will depend on how the season is going. He won't hesitate to coming back even if it's a risk on him personally. And Jerry won't stop him.

1-5

Other teams in division

3-3
2-4
4-2

We are STILL IN IT!

Romo comes back.

2015 ver. 2.0

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Healed up like last time or the time before that? Because my definition of healed means the injury will not immediately reoccur after contact or will not cause another injury in a similar area to occur after being healed.

He has only been reinjured once, and they knew it was a risk.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yah, not with you on that one. This brass has shown how desperate they are to win now at all costs no matter what regardless of how smart or dumb it is. Jones was talking about playoffs when we were like 2-6 last year.

I know, it's ridiculous but you could've said that being in the NFC East.......unfortunately.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The biggest question is not when is Romo coming back. Right now, the biggest question is can Dak win with this team right here, right now. If Dak wins, few will even care about Romo.

If I were the HC, I would stop talking about Romo and start talking about Dak and Sanchez. I wouldn't answer any more Romo questions as to when he is coming back. Either no comment or back injury - day to day. This sends the right message to the team. Quit thinking about Romo coming back and do your job. There is more to this team than Romo and this isn't Romo's team. Romo is part of the team, not the team.

Zordon

Reaction score
Anybody else get the sense that Garrett is rushing Romo back since he knows that his offense looks disfunctional without him?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So...is there going to be a QB controversy or is Romo going to get hurt again? If he gets hurt, there won't be a controversy. Call me crazy, but when reading between the lines of your post, I have this feeling that you're fully on the Dak side of things. I think you want to "finally move on" sooner rather than later. Sorry, Romo isn't going to oblige.
Rather than trying to circumcise a mosquito by psychoanalyzing, just stop and understand English. There is a contingent of the fanbase right now that prefers Dak over Romo. The QB controversy is here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We won't divide evenly. It'll be two groups: one that doesn't want Tony at all anymore, and one that likes both Dak and Tony. Unless Dak sucks, in which case the group that doesn't want Tony anymore will go back to wanting Tony and switch to complaining about Jerry and/or Garrett instead.
It could go all sorts of ways. I believe the writing is on the wall for Romo... aging, injury prone. Dak will save the day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could go all sorts of ways. I believe the writing is on the wall for Romo... aging, injury prone. Dak will save the day.

I think Romo makes it this year, and at least some of next. We'll see.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
How do you make progress with a broken bone? McFadden would like to know
LOL tony can move now :muttley:
JG said he was immobile, but is better now , meaning he can move around :dance:
So it all depends on if tony can bend over to take snaps, and walk on and off the field :thumbup:
And whenever jerry wants Romo to play he will play, because Tony is so dumb he would play week 1 if jerry would let him.
Tony is like a old pitbull, he is too old to be fighting, but will go in the ring whenever allowed.

Hopefully dak does good enough they wait the 8 weeks with tony.

Dak starting week 1 is what I wanted to see , and I ......may get that, unless I come here sunday and see "breaking news Romo will start !"
Good or bad I want to see what Dak can do right now as a green rookie.
I think he can handle it, but it is a big stage, first start @ home game 1 against giants.