News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What evidence do you have that he isn't healing? You implied earlier that there has been misleading stories about his previous injuries. You were wrong about that and I pointed that out. You had no facts to support your argument so you decided to try (and fail) to be clever with silly remarks.

The fact that Romo keeps getting injured and re-injured is all the evidence you should require. If I'm just being silly, it shouldn't bother you. I believe you're likely to see all the evidence you'll need to convince you in the near future. Pro football is for the young. As much as I hate to see someone as deserving as Tony be deprived of the ultimate glory that he hasn't been able to achieve, he's still had a great career. I'd really hate to see him reduced to being in a wheelchair for the remainder of his days. Try being happy for him when the time comes for him to hang it up. I do think his retirement is likely to come sooner than many of us would like to admit, myself included.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The fact that Romo keeps getting injured and re-injured is all the evidence you should require. If I'm just being silly, it shouldn't bother you. I believe you're likely to see all the evidence you'll need to convince you in the near future. Pro football is for the young. As much as I hate to see someone as deserving as Tony be deprived of the ultimate glory that he hasn't been able to achieve, he's still had a great career. I'd really hate to see him reduced to being in a wheelchair for the remainder of his days. Try being happy for him when the time comes for him to hang it up. I do think his retirement is likely to come sooner than many of us would like to admit, myself included.

Keeps getting re-injured? This is where you are not paying attention to facts, and exactly what I was talking about. He has been re-injured ONCE in his career, and that was his collarbone and they knew the risks, felt there was nothing to lose (there wasn't) and played him. Everything else you're saying is just nonsense. Wrong on the facts so try to argue something else.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Keeps getting re-injured? This is where you are not paying attention to facts, and exactly what I was talking about. He has been re-injured ONCE in his career, and that was his collarbone and they knew the risks, felt there was nothing to lose (there wasn't) and played him. Everything else you're saying is just nonsense. Wrong on the facts so try to argue something else.

Now you're really showing your ignorance. Here's the 'something else' you asked for: Everyone knows Romo has been injured three times in the last two years alone. In the past, he's had broken ribs, a punctured lung, a collarbone broken and re-broken, a broken vertebrate, also a separated shoulder and other lesser injuries to boot. You clearly haven't been keeping up with things. Do us both a favor and don't waste my time.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Now you're really showing your ignorance. Here's the 'something else' you asked for: Everyone knows Romo has been injured three times in the last two years alone. In the past, he's had broken ribs, a punctured lung, a collarbone broken and re-broken, a broken vertebrate, also a separated shoulder and other less serious injuries to boot. You clearly haven't been keeping up with things. Don't waste my time.
hey bull.
What three injuries in the last 2 years? Maybe you are counting the collarbone twice from last year?
I thought it was a broken collarbone and the L1 compression. fracture.....both completely unrelated to the other stuff mentioned a few years earlier.

I noticed yesterday when they were talking about Garopollo's injury that one of the half-time guys said they way the lineman landed on him it reminded of them of when Rodger and Romo got hurt. I assume they were referring o Romo's collarbone break. The point is, that almost all QBs get hurt on these plays.
Romo has taken way too many hits over the years.
If he were to reinjure that lower back--not the current isolated L1, but the lower back that was hurt before--that is an injury that may make him retire.
Otherwise, he is supposedly physical stronger and more limber tna he's been in years.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
hey bull.
What three injuries in the last 2 years? Maybe you are counting the collarbone twice from last year?
I thought it was a broken collarbone and the L1 compression. fracture.....both completely unrelated to the other stuff mentioned a few years earlier.

I noticed yesterday when they were talking about Garopollo's injury that one of the half-time guys said they way the lineman landed on him it reminded of them of when Rodger and Romo got hurt. I assume they were referring o Romo's collarbone break. The point is, that almost all QBs get hurt on these plays.
Romo has taken way too many hits over the years.
If he were to reinjure that lower back--not the current isolated L1, but the lower back that was hurt before--that is an injury that may make him retire.
Otherwise, he is supposedly physical stronger and more limber tna he's been in years.

Supposedly is the key word here. Every time Romo returns his reports are glowingly great but somehow he gets re-injured with a new something else. His career is on the ropes, imho, and I'm certainly not the only one believing this. I bear no feelings of resentment for those who don't share my thoughts on this and actually hope Romo is able to return this year and bow out gracefully next year and with some semblance of health left for himself to have and take into his later years. The last thing I'd wish for him is to be crippled going into his retirement. I admire his courage but not at the cost that another more serious back injury might incur. I would hope you can respect that as I've seen firsthand what can come of delaying the warning signs with some of those close to me.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Supposedly is the key word here. Every time Romo returns his reports are glowingly great but somehow he gets re-injured with a new something else. His career is on the ropes, imho, and I'm certainly not the only one believing this. I bear no feelings of resentment for those who don't share my thoughts on this and actually hope Romo is able to return this year and bow out gracefully next year and with some semblance of health left for himself to have and take into his later years. The last thing I'd wish for him is to be crippled going into his retirement. I admire his courage but not at the cost that another more serious back injury might incur. I would hope you can respect that as I've seen firsthand what can come of delaying the warning signs with some of those close to me.
I understand why people are leery.
I mean, while this L1 thing and the collarbone are not seen as long term things at all, he does have to manage the lower back stuff the rest of his career.
No doubt the clock is ticking. I guess the debate is how much longer can he play at a very high level.

I'm just glad there may be answer already on the roster now after his time comes

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Now you're really showing your ignorance. Here's the 'something else' you asked for: Everyone knows Romo has been injured three times in the last two years alone. In the past, he's had broken ribs, a punctured lung, a collarbone broken and re-broken, a broken vertebrate, also a separated shoulder and other lesser injuries to boot. You clearly haven't been keeping up with things. Do us both a favor and don't waste my time.

And only the collar bone was RE-injured.

I went through the details of his injuries the last couple years and showed how your implication about what people said about how he was healing and how he turned out was wrong. Those are the facts. There was no false hype given to Tony's healing as you tried to imply. Just stop arguing the nonsense and stick to facts.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And only the collar bone was RE-injured.

I went through the details of his injuries the last couple years and showed how your implication about what people said about how he was healing and how he turned out was wrong. Those are the facts. There was no false hype given to Tony's healing as you tried to imply. Just stop arguing the nonsense and stick to facts.

Here's a fact for you. By your own admission, in your original post of yesterday, you stated that his collarbone wasn't completely healed when he was returned to action. The FO claimed (as did Garrett) that he indeed, was completely healed.

You are contradicting your own original post here in saying there was no false hype. Follow your own advice and stop changing your so-called 'facts' to suit your agenda. Jerry has been rushing guys back before they're 100% for many years.

It's nothing new and many here are aware of it. It was well known that he did exactly that with Larry Allen many years ago, for example, and Larry was never quite the same afterwards. Don't believe everything you read and hear coming from the front office and the HC, unless you simply don't mind being gullible about that which you would prefer to believe.

Last edited: