News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

birdwells1

Reaction score
I agree with your post in general but I think you are underselling how rapidly Dak has developed and the fact Dallas still would have won the game with a bit better performance in the Red Zone (or one less brain cramp from TWill)

On rookie QBs, Peyton Manning's first three games as a true rookie QB were losses with QB ratings of 58, 51 and 39.

Tom Brady only saw the field for three passing attempts as a rookie. Bledsoe was the starter that year (with a 77 QB rating) and John Friesz and Michael Bishop got more game reps than Tom Brady did that year.

We don't know if we would have won the game, just because the outcome was decided by 1 point. We don't know what the Giants would've done if pressed. We can be high on Daks future but the now is that he's a rookie qb and teams aren't going to respect him like Tomorrow.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We don't know if we would have won the game, just because the outcome was decided by 1 point.

I disagree, I think Dallas had a chance to take control of the game in the first half and missed doing so.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Tony hurt his back in the Giants game he had to get a shot for the pain between that game and the Eagles game. FACT

If you watch the play where he threw a pick and went running across the field and attempt to make a tackle you see him try to jump over a player's legs and he just collapses the announcer said oh Tony hurt his knee but it wasn't his knee it was a back spasm

In this is a bunch of bs. That has not been reported anywhere.

Coy

Reaction score
The only chance we've got this season is if Tony comes back and stays healthy, if he doesn't this is another 4 win year even if Dak could be the future, right now he is just a 4th round rookie QB with an average to bad Defense.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Last year's Giants game injured his back, Eagles game knocked out, Miami game actually made it through of course they were horrible, Carolina knocked out, Seattle third play knocked out
Let's review that's four out of the last 5 Games he was injured

Now put on your Romo's jammies and get back to bed.
So if someone gets hit and it hurts a little in a football game,but it doesn't make the player miss time....as with the Giants game....you now aunt that as an injury?

3 injuries is bad enough. No reason for extra exaggeration.
If you do it your way, near.y every NFL player that needs to spend time in the hot tub after a game was injured.

If you hadn't had such a huge anti Romo agenda for years now...always making crap up...you'd get the benefit of doubt.

I prefer to pull for both Dak and Romo...and the Cowboys.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The only chance we've got this season is if Tony comes back and stays healthy, if he doesn't this is another 4 win year even if Dak could be the future, right now he is just a 4th round rookie QB with an average to bad Defense.
The only chance we have is if we win some games without Tony. It doesn't even matter if Tony comes back healthy (which I doubt he will) because we will be too far out.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The only chance we have is if we win some games without Tony. It doesn't even matter if Tony comes back healthy (which I doubt he will) because we will be too far out.

Why would you doubt that he'd come back healthy? Anticipating a car accident? A fall down the stairs perhaps?

haleyrules

Reaction score
Very true. Romo will never be completely healthy again. Age and serious injuries have taken there toll. If Prescott is not good enough the club must find a franchise QB in the next draft.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Romo is healing well -- he's doing great. That's exactly what we've been hearing well before the last three injuries took their toll.

Believe it if it suits you but at some point, it should become apparent to one and all that Romo is a helpless victim of father time.

The time is undeniably coming upon us when the Cowboys will be obliged to face the music and commit their team to a new era.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Romo is healing well -- he's doing great. That's exactly what we've been hearing well before the last three injuries took their toll.

Believe it if it suits you but at some point, it should become apparent to one and all that Romo is a helpless victim of father time.

The time is undeniably coming upon us when the Cowboys will be obliged to face the music and commit their team to a new era.

What do you mean that's what we heard about the last 3 injuries?

I think a lot of people are confused about what was said about his previous injuries and what actually happened.

Last 3:

Collarbone - late in the season, nothing really to say. He missed the rest of the season and there wasn't doubt of that. It's healed fine.

Collarbone - It was healing fine but wasn't fully healed. It was healed enough to risk saving the season. There was nothing to lose at that point.

Broken bone in the back - He missed one came then came back and played great football.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What do you mean that's what we heard about the last 3 injuries?

I think a lot of people are confused about what was said about his previous injuries and what actually happened.

Last 3:

Collarbone - late in the season, nothing really to say. He missed the rest of the season and there wasn't doubt of that. It's healed fine.

Collarbone - It was healing fine but wasn't fully healed. It was healed enough to risk saving the season. There was nothing to lose at that point.

Broken bone in the back - He missed one came then came back and played great football.

I think your memory is clouded with visions of Tony's grandeur that is cursed with the onset of aging and the intervention of Father Time.

nobody

Reaction score
It just seems like some people have always hated Romo to the point of irrationality. They're salivated at the chance of him no longer being the QB, so they're praying that "Father Time" has caught up with him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What fact did I get wrong?

Your acceptance of the hype that he's healing well and 100% healthy are misguided but if that's what it takes to give you comfort, keep it up. There's a reason why he's being held out of practice so much -- he's unable to withstand the rigors of extended football activity nowadays.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Your acceptance of the hype that he's healing well and 100% healthy are misguided but if that's what it takes to give you comfort, keep it up. There's a reason why he's being held out of practice so much -- he's unable to withstand the rigors of extended football activity nowadays.

What evidence do you have that he isn't healing? You implied earlier that there has been misleading stories about his previous injuries. You were wrong about that and I pointed that out. You had no facts to support your argument so you decided to try (and fail) to be clever with silly remarks.