News: ESPN: Jason Garrett: Tony Romo is healing up

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Last year's Giants game injured his back, Eagles game knocked out, Miami game actually made it through of course they were horrible, Carolina knocked out, Seattle third play knocked out
Let's review that's four out of the last 5 Games he was injured

Now put on your Romo's jammies and get back to bed.

Tony did not injure his back in the Giants game. That part is a flat out lie.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony hurt his back in the Giants game he had to get a shot for the pain between that game and the Eagles game. FACT

If you watch the play where he threw a pick and went running across the field and attempt to make a tackle you see him try to jump over a player's legs and he just collapses the announcer said oh Tony hurt his knee but it wasn't his knee it was a back spasm

birdwells1

Reaction score
The minute they pull Dak, Romo becomes a progress stopper. Dak does not need to sit on the bench and learn , I kept thinking during the Giants game he looked as comfortable as any other Pro QB all the learning he needs to do can be done on the field and in the film room. Give this kid two seasons on the field and he'll be ready for Super Bowl action

The problem with this is that the teams ready right now and you need a qb that's ready.

Look if this team had a rookie Peyton Manning or Tom Brady it still wouldn't have as good of a chance to win than with Romo. The problem with the last game is that the NYG didn't fear Prescott being able to get the ball to the outside wrs and they were right. The reason our run game works is because teams fear Romo and the passing game the reason our passing game works is because teams fear our oline lead running game. You have to keep teams off balance and last week that didn't happen, teams don't mind if Witten and Beasley catch 25 balls between them because those 2 won't beat you. They decided to take away the running game and Dez and it was successful and I think we'll see more of that until Dak and JG can make them pay.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The problem with this is that the teams ready right now and you need a qb that's ready.

Look if this team had a rookie Peyton Manning or Tom Brady it still wouldn't have as good of a chance to win than with Romo.

I agree with your post in general but I think you are underselling how rapidly Dak has developed and the fact Dallas still would have won the game with a bit better performance in the Red Zone (or one less brain cramp from TWill)

On rookie QBs, Peyton Manning's first three games as a true rookie QB were losses with QB ratings of 58, 51 and 39.

Tom Brady only saw the field for three passing attempts as a rookie. Bledsoe was the starter that year (with a 77 QB rating) and John Friesz and Michael Bishop got more game reps than Tom Brady did that year.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with your post in general but I think you are underselling how rapidly Dak has developed and the fact Dallas still would have won the game with a bit better performance in the Red Zone (or one less brain cramp from TWill)

On rookie QBs, Peyton Manning's first three games as a true rookie QB were losses with QB ratings of 58, 51 and 39.

Tom Brady only saw the field for three passing attempts as a rookie. Bledsoe was the starter that year (with a 77 QB rating) and John Friesz and Michael Bishop got more game reps than Tom Brady did that year.
I think the defense is still a year or two away

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Tony hurt his back in the Giants game he had to get a shot for the pain between that game and the Eagles game. FACT

If you watch the play where he threw a pick and went running across the field and attempt to make a tackle you see him try to jump over a player's legs and he just collapses the announcer said oh Tony hurt his knee but it wasn't his knee it was a back spasm
It's not a fact, it's something that Troy claims Tony told him after the game was over and it showed up on exactly zero injury reports or anything else for that matter. Either produce evidence or stop spreading misinformation.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

No, Tony got speared in the back on the final drive. It was painful, but he was not hurt/injured. You know this, man.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not a fact, it's something that Troy claims Tony told him after the game was over and it showed up on exactly zero injury reports or anything else for that matter. Either produce evidence or stop spreading misinformation.
Watch the game dip

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Tony got speared in the back on the final drive. It was painful, but he was not hurt/injured. You know this, man.
Now that's a different play he got injured on the one he really got hurt on it was much earlier in the game

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And really something Troy claims? You guys just need to stop before you look any more foolish

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, because someone declaring player injuries from their couch after guzzling beers isn't foolish.

Produce the injury report or kindly shut up.
Yeah players always report all their injuries you're a piece of work man. So you're calling Troy a liar too. Classic.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Yeah players always report all their injuries you're a piece of work man. So you're calling Troy a liar too. Classic.
I never said that players report all of their injuries. But if they don't report them, what else do we have? Players take all kind of hits and get all kind of treatment we are never even aware of. Beer gut analysis is not an injury report. Now go sit back down on the couch... you're drunk again.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never said that players report all of their injuries. But if they don't report them, what else do we have? Players take all kind of hits and get all kind of treatment we are never even aware of. Beer gut analysis is not an injury report. Now go sit back down on the couch... you're drunk again.
Classic

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score

I don't see any reason for Troy Aikman to lie but according to Troy, Romo got hurt on that last drive (which should have been a ******* penalty btw) so much that he had to take a shot before the game.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

This too is classic....."You guys just need to stop before you look any more foolish."

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Rather than trying to circumcise a mosquito by psychoanalyzing, just stop and understand English. There is a contingent of the fanbase right now that prefers Dak over Romo. The QB controversy is here.

Staubach/Morton
White/Hogeboom
Aikman/Walsh (sort of)

And now, Cowboy fans, introducing the team's latest quarterback controversy ........

Prescott/Romo