ESPN: Jason Garrett's Staying!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;1910539 said:
Great. Now we're just going to have to go through this again next season.

And put up with this ridiculous mess all season.

Exactly.

Can you imagine if, Gawd forbid, when Garrett takes over he doesn't win as much as we did the year before?

What do we do then? Fire him, too?

Still not sure what's so great about Garrett. Someone tell me why he did such a better job than, say, Chudzinski at Cleveland.

But I guess he isn't a "hillbilly". :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1910566 said:
I know.

For a first time coach? No way.

First time coach? He's still the OC isn't he? At least for another year?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1910576 said:
Exactly.

Can you imagine if, Gawd forbid, when Garrett takes over he doesn't win as much as we did the year before?

Still not sure what's so great about Garrett. Someone tell me why he did such a better job than, say, Chudzinski at Cleveland.

Oh, no. He's young and has red hair and uh...went to Princeton! So he must be a genius or something cause I seen a movie once where someone went to Princeton and theys was real smart like.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Now confirmed by KTCK...

Twenty minutes late... ;)

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Rack;1910579 said:
First time coach? He's still the OC isn't he? At least for another year?

I thought that was what the Ravens offered him as a coach.

If that was offered as OC money by JJ, that's even more insane and unbelievable.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
So what do you think is the minimum Wade has to do next year to keep his job? Win one playoff game? Win the NFC Championship? Superbowl? Or is he out no matter what?

vlad

Reaction score
Wade is crapping his pants right now. Now I just hope Seattle or someone with a QB and a good team comes calling. Of course given the way Garrett blew chunks down the stretch...

Carterdad

Reaction score
...The Ticket just reported that Wade Phillips has been informed that Jason Garrett will turn down coaching offers from ATL and Baltimore to remain with the 'Boys....

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
theogt;1910581 said:
Oh, no. He's young and has red hair and uh...went to Princeton! So he must be a genius or something cause I seen a movie once where someone went to Princeton and theys was real smart like.

Or maybe he's been highly talked about and watched in NFL circles.

Just because you don't see the potential or possibility, people who are in the "club of the NFL" who are in the know may feel it's only a matter of time.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
In an odd twist in negotiations, I guess Jerry also agreed to push Jason around in a wheelchair during the game.;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PosterChild;1910570 said:
http://i223.***BLOCKED***/albums/dd282/posterchild_bucket/lame-duck.gif

Surprise, I'm a lame duck coach.
:laugh2:

That's a classic.

Duane

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1910576 said:
Exactly.

:hammer:

I like Jason but you can't tell me that half the other offensive coordinators in the league couldn't get as much or more out of Romo, TO, Barber and Witten.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I don't understand why this makes Wade a lame duck coach...

Many teams have the next in line on staff and are clear about that...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
trickblue;1910597 said:
I don't understand why this makes Wade a lame duck coach...

Many teams have the next in line on staff and are clear about that...

We all saw how poorly lame duck coaches like Tony Dungy have performed.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1910588 said:
Or maybe he's been highly talked about and watched in NFL circles.

Just because you don't see the potential or possibility, people who are in the "club of the NFL" who are in the know may feel it's only a matter of time.

It's not that he isn't young and bright and has potential. The question is, is all this love with so little coaching experience justified at this point?

Jim Mora Jr. got more credit than he should have because he was young and, I guess, good-looking and "presentable" to fans and media. Gosselin has talked about how teams look for coaches like that who can be the "face of the franchise". But that doesn't make them better coaches.

I don't dislike Garrett, but he sure is getting a lot of credit that may be premature.