News: ESPN: Jones won't rule out Dez returning to Cowboys

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Bryant wasn't an emotional clown AND was in 2014 form - hell yes.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am sure he has discussed this with MM. if healthy he will come in cheap and can be used in the slot. He has hands and is a beast to tackle. Is worth a look. I think he gets a try out. Cobb would be a good speed change up for the slot. Dez can block so I could see him being a part time TE and cause serious mismatches for teams.

jsb357

Reaction score
http:\\www.jsbcycle.com\memes\stop.jpg
stop.jpg

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure he has discussed this with MM. if healthy he will come in cheap and can be used in the slot. He has hands and is a beast to tackle. Is worth a look. I think he gets a try out. Cobb would be a good speed change up for the slot. Dez can block so I could see him being a part time TE and cause serious mismatches for teams.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, huh. At MOST, he should be given an open tryout to show what he's still got and it should be MM's call not Jerrah's.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Sweet Jesus...make it end MM. That window is closed. Some of you guy look at names and remember. Even get starry eye in your thoughts.
what do you see when you look at MM, I am sure it’s not 2017-2018

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You didn’t think he had total control did you...

I really thought after 9 seasons of Garret, 25 years of no super bowl, and his insistence on hiring a veteran coach with super bowl experience that Jerry would step back and let the man build his own team. He let MM bring in his own coaching staff. I think Moore is the only holdover............just can't imagine Jerry forcing players down MM's throat at this point.

Section446

Reaction score
He should take less, he's going to need elite talent around him to be even semi-effective.

Silly

Reaction score
Dallas does need some more big physical Wrs. I am just not sure Dez is the answer.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I really thought after 9 seasons of Garret, 25 years of no super bowl, and his insistence on hiring a veteran coach with super bowl experience that Jerry would step back and let the man build his own team. He let MM bring in his own coaching staff. I think Moore is the only holdover............just can't imagine Jerry forcing players down MM's throat at this point.
We don’t know yet. JJ let him pick his own staff which is a first in a while. Once the HC gets a staff JJ has always stepped back and let them run it. Getting players is part of the FO job. Let’s hope he is getting MM input on this. And MM may be kool with Dez getting a try out. I am going to be optimistic about this. The draft will be interesting.

John813

Reaction score
Don't get the big hoopla over this. They bring him back or don't. He won't get a big deal, and if he sucks he won't play/gets cut.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, huh. At MOST, he should be given an open tryout to show what he's still got and it should be MM's call not Jerrah's.
I agree for sure. This should be MM decision. If we keep Coop then Dez will be in a backup roll. Maybe slot work and if he is healthy I like having that kind of depth. Better to have Dez then some of the current WR we have.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do it Jerry.. He has earned the right for a tryout.
No he hasn’t. Walking out of the door cursing the team and it’s players and coaching staff isn’t earning a workout. I think he should have one but he definitely hasn’t earned it .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t know yet. JJ let him pick his own staff which is a first in a while. Once the HC gets a staff JJ has always stepped back and let them run it. Getting players is part of the FO job. Let’s hope he is getting MM input on this. And MM may be kool with Dez getting a try out. I am going to be optimistic about this. The draft will be interesting.

Well we already know what the draft will be. Thats Jerry's moment to shine. He'll be seated at the head of a big table with a black phone and everyone will be instructed to act like he knows what he's talking about.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree for sure. This should be MM decision. If we keep Coop then Dez will be in a backup roll. Maybe slot work and if he is healthy I like having that kind of depth. Better to have Dez then some of the current WR we have.

Yeah, Dez circa 2014 not 2016.