News: ESPN: Jones won't rule out Dez returning to Cowboys

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well we already know what the draft will be. Thats Jerry's moment to shine. He'll be seated at the head of a big table with a black phone and everyone will be instructed to act like he knows what he's talking about.
Hers is the question. Does he use that second round pick on a gamble.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol. That’s a given. I do think if healthy we would be lucky if he didn’t get injured at some point. Dinged up towards the end of season.

Dez is just a Cowboy fan. He loves the Cowboys and I respect him for that but he's also dillusional. He was talking about being a TE which means even he knows that he's slower than he used to be.............and its not like he was ever a burner. You put Dez at TE and our new 40 million dollar Qb is going to get killed.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Give me a quicker better route runner in the slot instead of dez

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hers is the question. Does he use that second round pick on a gamble.

You bet he does. That pick will be used on a guy with 1st round measurables that got knocked down everybody else's draft board. I call it the "wildcatter special" . After the second round, Jerry usually retires to the bar and lets the folks who watch and evaluate college football take over.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do it Jerry.. He has earned the right for a tryout.

I don't see the harm in giving him one.

They actually have a coach with some balls now, so if there's even the slightest hint of a problem, he's gone.
It seems not like they would have to give him big money or anything guaranteed to prevent cutting him if he acted up in any way.

And this coach would actually have the guts to tell him things face to face.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You bet he does. That pick will be used on a guy with 1st round measurables that got knocked down everybody else's draft board. I call it the "wildcatter special" . After the second round, Jerry usually retires to the bar and lets the folks who watch and evaluate college football take over.
That is why we have a knack for getting good players in later rounds.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't see the harm in giving him one.

They actually have a coach with some balls now, so if there's even the slightest hint of a problem, he's gone.
It seems not like they would have to give him big money or anything guaranteed to prevent cutting him if he acted up in any way.

And this coach would actually have the guts to tell him things face to face.
If he is healthy then he is better than any rotational WR we have. Would you like a healthy Dez or Noah brown.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he is healthy then he is better than any rotational WR we have. Would you like a healthy Dez or Noah brown.

Dez or not, I'm done with Noah Brown.
  1. Cooper
  2. Gallup
  3. Cobb
  4. Bryant
That would be my top four receivers. Austin, Wilson, and Devin Smith can fight it out for the other spots.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Absence makes the heart grow fonder, huh. At MOST, he should be given an open tryout to show what he's still got and it should be MM's call not Jerrah's.
There's a reason teams aren't looking at him. This is just media hype to get by.

zack

Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the reason why this team has been the way it has been since Jimmy left. This should be MM's decision, not Jerry's. Once more, Jerry is undermining his HC. If Jerry forces Dez on MM there will no question that things area going to be status quo in the organization.

For the record, I have no problem with Dez getting a try-out as long as MM feels he deserves one and Jerry respects MM's decision either way...

How is that. Jerry is the GM? How do you know if Jerry is forcing anything? I'm pretty sure that Jerry was asked the question and he responded. Did you expect him to answer that I need to clear it with my HC before I answer? People make a lot of assumptions....

aria

Reaction score
Good, bring him back now that we have a real coach. Dez wasn't the problem the Coaching staff was.
I don’t recall seeing the coach yelling at the QB in the huddle whenever he didn’t get the ball, I don’t recall the coach throwing temper tantrums on the sideline. I don’t recall the coach running out to midfield to argue with officials. I don’t recall the coach dropping the ball against Green Bay. I don’t recall the coach laughing every time he dropped the ball.

Dez is nothing but an attention *****, he’s like a little gnat that just won’t go away. I swear some of you have amnesia and can’t stop living in the past. Perhaps we should see if Aikman wants to come back as well, maybe we get a shovel and see what Landry is up to.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Dez is just a Cowboy fan. He loves the Cowboys and I respect him for that but he's also dillusional. He was talking about being a TE which means even he knows that he's slower than he used to be.............and its not like he was ever a burner. You put Dez at TE and our new 40 million dollar Qb is going to get killed.
No he wasn’t. He said he would accept Witten’s role, referring to him becoming the primary red zone target. It was the fans who took his comment at face value and thought he literally meant becoming a tight end.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jones won't rule out Dez returning to Cowboys

i

Jerry Jones said Thursday that he's not opposed to wide receiver Dez Bryant returning to the franchise if he's healthy after tearing his Achilles in 2018. The Cowboys released Bryant following the 2017 season.

Read Full Story
jerry meddling is already starting.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I maintain I have no issue with Dez competing for a spot, as long ad he understands nothing is guaranteed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Good, bring him back now that we have a real coach. Dez wasn't the problem the Coaching staff was.

Dez was part of the problem. He wasn't the same WR he was prior to his injuries starting to take a toll on his body. And now he's been out of football for over a year and is coming off an achilles tear.

You guys realize you aren't getting Dez from 2011 back, right? He's not the same WR.

And if this franchise thinks he's anything more than a #3 WR on this team, at best, then they are dumb.

Bring him in for a workout. But don't delude oneself into thinking it's going to result in anything than a body for WR depth.