ESPN Lays Off Ed Werder

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Espn's been axing a lot of folk, lately. Sportscenter is at its lowest ratings ever. They're reeling due to the cord cutters.

Werder should be fine. I assume he's in some sort of sports writers/reporters union and will get picked up somewhere.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Another money move by BSPN? Or did Werder do something stupid to get fired?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Espn's been axing a lot of folk, lately. Sportscenter is at its lowest ratings ever. They're reeling due to the cord cutters.

Werder should be fine. I assume he's in some sort of sports writers/reporters union and will get picked up somewhere.

Have you seen anything about viewership for the "6" with that guy and jamele?

The only thing I watch regularly is PTI, I have seen a segment or two on the "6" and can't buy into it.

Pants

Reaction score
laying off implies "we can bring you back later, possibly, sorta, kinda".....um no, update your resume Eddie boy, ESPN ain't gonna reach out to you

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Have you seen anything about viewership for the "6" with that guy and jamele?

The only thing I watch regularly is PTI, I have seen a segment or two on the "6" and can't buy into it.
I haven't but I liked their old show, 86, His and Hers. They have a very strong chemistry with each other and it's very unlike the other debate shows where people disagree just to draw ratings.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Werder seems to be an extremely decent human being, and he has good access to Cowboys officials. But I haven't watched much ESPN in years. Too much trying to be cute, too much politics, etc. There are plenty of other, better choices for sports info. They lost their way, at least in my eyes.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
21b.jpg