ESPN on QB Contracts (Dak)

cnuball21

Reaction score
For those that aren’t a fan of the contract and want to move on, I’m honestly curious what your
play would be barring we don’t extend Dak.

Proof

Reaction score
Interesting. Josh Allen is a "difference maker" but Dak isn't?

I can count 3 games the Bills lost that are directly on Josh Allen. Can you count 3 that Dak has lost this year?

And in no way am I saying I take Dak over Allen. I am using it as an example. That your entire argument is flawed.

ehh... I'm at polar opposite ends of the spectrum then our mountaineering friend, but Dak's only played 6 games? and he most certainly lost the tampa and gb games (well, contributed w/ the D) Josh Allen is the epitome of difference maker. He's not immune to screwing the pooch, but he's absolutely put the team on his back several times.

Shane612

Reaction score
LOL.

The Niners literally are playing Jimmy G because their starting QB got hurt. The guy they traded up for lol. You guys are amazing in your delusions. San Francisco would run here to get Dak over Jimmy. Heck. They dont even like Jimmy. They are playing him out of necessity.

And Dak has been as good as hurts this year. In multiple seasons. 2016 comes to mind. lol. Jesus.
Why?
You don't think someone's backup can be even, or even be better than, your starter?
Who's delusional here?
:muttley:

Swagger

Reaction score
I mean I don't see why others don't see this.

Do they just not want to accept it because he plays for the Eagles? If so, that's just making you look foolish.

It doesn't mean we won't beat them or that Hurts won't regress, but through 11 games he's better than any version of Dak we've seen through 11 games.
Agree

GINeric

Reaction score
I want you to write down, save, or whatever you want my expectations for Dak so you can stop with the "moving the goal posts" stuff. At least when it comes to me specifically.

My expectations for Dak is consistent play that leads deep into the playoffs. I don't even need a Super Bowl win this year. I just want to see Dak play well and lead this team past the divisional round.

I also expect Dak to be able to will us to wins when everything is working perfect for us. Sometimes we need him to shoulder the load, ya know? He usually fails miserably when that happens (especially if the run game isn't working, 6 wins in his entire career when we have less than 100 rushing yards. Yikes.). I don't even expect it every time, but some of the time isn't asking much. He literally NEVER does it. He's a QB that's more like a role player.

So, there, remember that before you say "moving the goal posts" because my goal posts are always the same.

Every team wants consistency out of their quarterbacks, but which quarterback has been consistent every game??? Last I checked, Dak is leading the number one offense correct??? He led last year's number one offense as well, correct??? I mean, I do stand to be corrected if im wrong because I'm not perfect.

6 wins in his entire career when we rush for less than 100 yards??? What did our defense do in those games, im just curious..... what was our play-calling like in certain situations in those games???

As a matter of fact.... tell me where Dak ranks amongst quarterbacks in game winning drives. Game winning drives is part of "willing" your team to victories too.... correct???

What's Dak's overall record as a starter??? That has to account for something too right??

Proof

Reaction score
I want you to write down, save, or whatever you want my expectations for Dak so you can stop with the "moving the goal posts" stuff. At least when it comes to me specifically.

My expectations for Dak is consistent play that leads deep into the playoffs. I don't even need a Super Bowl win this year. I just want to see Dak play well and lead this team past the divisional round.

I also expect Dak to be able to will us to wins when everything is working perfect for us. Sometimes we need him to shoulder the load, ya know? He usually fails miserably when that happens (especially if the run game isn't working, 6 wins in his entire career when we have less than 100 rushing yards. Yikes.). I don't even expect it every time, but some of the time isn't asking much. He literally NEVER does it. He's a QB that's more like a role player.

So, there, remember that before you say "moving the goal posts" because my goal posts are always the same.

This is reasonable.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Every team wants consistency out of their quarterbacks, but which quarterback has been consistent every game??? Last I checked, Dak is leading the number one offense correct??? He led last year's number one offense as well, correct??? I mean, I do stand to be corrected if im wrong because I'm not perfect.

6 wins in his entire career when we rush for less than 100 yards??? What did our defense do in those games, im just curious..... what was our play-calling like in certain situations in those games???

As a matter of fact.... tell me where Dak ranks amongst quarterbacks in game winning drives. Game winning drives is part of "willing" your team to victories too.... correct???

What's Dak's overall record as a starter??? That has to account for something too right??
Just remember what my expectations are for Dak the next time you bring up "moving the goal posts".

My goal post is the same for every QB on the Cowboys. Dak isn't special just because you're a big fan of his and thinks he's great.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Call me Negative Nancy but until this team makes it to a conference championship game we are regular season warriors. If we lose in the conference championship game this year I promise to be nothing but supportive of Tad and Dak. If we bow out in the first round and Dak poops his pants on game winning drives twice in a row again I will make room for you on the "show me" squads bench.

GINeric

Reaction score
Just a below average QB.

Post a link, video, etc... of any former or current Hall of Fame players, coaches, GMs or scouts saying that Dak is "just a below average QB" and I'll personally suspend my account here at CZ for a solid calendar year.

But if you can't find any of those reputable/legit NFL participants saying Dak is "just a below average QB" you have to suspend YOUR account here at CZ for one whole calendar year.

This is where I've made each and every one of you Dak haters look just as dumb as your football IQs....

Do we have a deal??? Or are you going to back peddle and run like a coward from this challenge to back up your statement like the rest of the weak, low IQ Dak haters do??? Do we have a deal???

GINeric

Reaction score
Just remember what my expectations are for Dak the next time you bring up "moving the goal posts".

My goal post is the same for every QB on the Cowboys. Dak isn't special just because you're a big fan of his and thinks he's great.

I'm a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Dak is just one of the players on the team who I support because I love the Dallas Cowboys.

Now explain to the people why you and your co-minions NEVER give Dak props/credit when he plays great??? Why do you type negative things when he plays bad, rightfully so..... bit don't type as much when he's plays good??? Why such one-sided critique???

Explain that to the great people of this forum....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Dallas Cowboys. Dak is just one of the players on the team who I support because I love the Dallas Cowboys.

Now explain to the people why you and your co-minions NEVER give Dak props/credit when he plays great??? Why do you type negative things when he plays bad, rightfully so..... bit don't type as much when he's plays good??? Why such one-sided critique???

Explain that to the great people of this forum....
I'm not going to keep doing this. I believe you even commented in my thread praising Dak after the Vikings game.

You lump everyone that criticizes Dak when he plays bad into one group and pretend that nobody in that group ever gives him in credit when it's just not true.

You even said things like "You don't show up when we win!!!!" while others flat out told you that me, specially, is always here win or lose (unlike some of your like minded pals).

So, you should learn how to separate the Dak doubters from each other, because all of them are not the same and all.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Jimmy G. is still better than Dak.
As for Hurts, yes, it's only 10 games, but Dak has never been as good as Hurts has been this year.
So, no. The beagles or the 49er will NOT trade their respective QBs for Dak straight up. No way.

I didnt ask you if those teams would trade.... but Dak lst year fr the first 8 games was playing at MVP level. No way in hell is Jimmy G better than Dak. I cant believe Im actually defending Dak, but some of you are absolutely insane with your opinions on Dak. Didnt we have the number 1 offense last year? Have the niners ever even been top ten with Jimmy G?

Since Dak returned, arent Cowboys number 1 scoring offense in league? Where are niners with Jimmy G?

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not going to keep doing this. I believe you even commented in my thread praising Dak after the Vikings game.

You lump everyone that criticizes Dak when he plays bad into one group and pretend that nobody in that group ever gives him in credit when it's just not true.

You even said things like "You don't show up when we win!!!!" while others flat out told you that me, specially, is always here win or lose (unlike some of your like minded pals).

So, you should learn how to separate the Dak doubters from each other, because all of them are not the same and all.

You know what??? You're absolutely right.... its just that seeing credit given to Dak by you comes along as frequently as Haley's Comet.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
wait until LJ and Hurts get 50+ Howd that be, they are not great as pocket passers, passing stats are putrid but hey,,i be they will be talked up by our Fanbase.:thumbdown::muttley::facepalm:
Philadelphia Jalen hurts. We stop him from running. We win. We match up very well with the Eagles. If I’m a Bill Belichick copycat I stop hurts first.

phildadon86

Reaction score
ehh... I'm at polar opposite ends of the spectrum then our mountaineering friend, but Dak's only played 6 games? and he most certainly lost the tampa and gb games (well, contributed w/ the D) Josh Allen is the epitome of difference maker. He's not immune to screwing the pooch, but he's absolutely put the team on his back several times.
So has Dak. Never gets credit for it though. Dak didnt lose the GB game. He overcame his 2 picks and had a 14 point lead (2 turnover point differential) going into the 4th quarter. His picks are irrelevant at that point. Allen had 3 chances to win games this year and didnt. Is it entirely his fault? No. But if he did that in Dallas I wonder if he would get the same flak Dak has.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So has Dak. Never gets credit for it though. Dak didnt lose the GB game. He overcame his 2 picks and had a 14 point lead (2 turnover point differential) going into the 4th quarter. His picks are irrelevant at that point. Allen had 3 chances to win games this year and didnt. Is it entirely his fault? No. But if he did that in Dallas I wonder if he would get the same flak Dak has.
Imagine if he wouldn't have had to overcome those 2 INTs though?

Easy win.