ESPN Playoff generator

Little Jr

Reaction score
Multiple times I have got GB or Philly in as the 6th. One time I wasn't even trying and got GB in.

jujoboys

Reaction score
We are gonna play the Seahawks in Dallas in the first round.

Unless something crazy happens.

You are most likely right. However, if by some chance the Packers and Vikings could beat the Bears then we would only need to beat Tampa and NY to capture the #3 seed.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Multiple times I have got GB or Philly in as the 6th. One time I wasn't even trying and got GB in.

Philly will be toast after the Rams smoke them this weekend followed by the Texans next weekend.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Philly will be toast after the Rams smoke them this weekend followed by the Texans next weekend.
Probably and I had them losing to the rams. I'm not sure if they can get the majic back with foles again but I wouldnt mark the Texan game down as a loss. They are similar to us and they're be on the road at Philly . I wouldn't put money on either one. If Wentz was playing I would pick them to win that game. Still wouldn't put money on it. Lol

I had did another one and GB gets in and it wouldn't take a lot . In the same one if chi loses to Minn in week 17 we would get the 3rd seed and face GB in the wild card round. How Minn has played the past 2 week's is messing **** up for me lol.

J12B

Reaction score
After playing with the Playoff Simulator, it appears the only way we can get in as the #3 seed is to win out and the Bears lose 2 of their last 3. If the Bears finish 11-5 and we do as well, they own the tie-breaker.

It's slightly possible, as they travel to Green Bay this week and face the Vikings in Minnesota where the Vikings will most likely be fighting for their play off lives in that game.

More than likely, I see us as the #4 seed facing the Seahawks in the Wild Card Round.

Flamma

Reaction score
After playing with the Playoff Simulator, it appears the only way we can get in as the #3 seed is to win out and the Bears lose 2 of their last 3. If the Bears finish 11-5 and we do as well, they own the tie-breaker.

It's slightly possible, as they travel to Green Bay this week and face the Vikings in Minnesota where the Vikings will most likely be fighting for their play off lives in that game.

More than likely, I see us as the #4 seed facing the Seahawks in the Wild Card Round.

The simulator says that but I don't see it. If Dallas ends with the same record we are tied at 4-1 in common games with Chicago. Then it goes to strength of victory and the Bears only have a 4 point lead with one extra win. But the simulator keeps saying Chicago has a better percentage in common games. I don't see where they get that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Is anyone else in the mindset of not counting our chickens...... We still need to win a game. Not afraid by any means but Colts, Bucs, Giants are not lay ups.

Praxit

Reaction score

...then we get Sea @ home. Not bad. Better than @ Sea.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Probably and I had them losing to the rams. I'm not sure if they can get the majic back with foles again but I wouldnt mark the Texan game down as a loss. They are similar to us and they're be on the road at Philly . I wouldn't put money on either one. If Wentz was playing I would pick them to win that game. Still wouldn't put money on it. Lol

I had did another one and GB gets in and it wouldn't take a lot . In the same one if chi loses to Minn in week 17 we would get the 3rd seed and face GB in the wild card round. How Minn has played the past 2 week's is messing **** up for me lol.

The Eagles current secondary against Deandre Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas. Philly better hope it is raining HARD. Plus the Texans can run the ball. Also, JJ Watt and Clowney going after St. Nick could get ugly. Let's be honest about Foles. The Philly defense carried them to the playoffs after Wentz went down. Foles was playing horrible at the end of the 2017 regular season. The defense carried Philly past the Falcons in their first playoff game with a 15 - 10 win. Foles had a great game against Minny who was never able to get their offense on track and challenge and then Foles had a great game against the Patriots. Most QBs would have beat the Vikings with the way they played. Foles really stepped up against the Patriots. Other than the Patriots' game the rest of the games were substantially supported by a dominant defense. Foles reverted back to who he is in the first 2 games this season. He looked awful which caused the Eagles to bring Wentz back a little sooner than i think they wanted. Anyway, Foles will not have the defense that he had last year supporting him this year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If you play with this thing long enough you can get the Browns as division champions and the Skins as the 6th seed with a 7-8-1 record. :muttley:

CPanther95

Reaction score
They're only 4 points ahead of us in strength of victory with an extra win. It can't be that either.

It's definitely common opponents for the generator, I'm just talking about looking ahead even if the generator is wrong.

But you're right, if it does get to SoV, the Cowboys should have the upper hand. Bears have a 51-47 advantage right now, but if the Cowboys win out they jump to 64 and if the Bears win 2 of 3 - and the 2 wins are the most favorable to the Bears (loss is to the 3 win 49ers) - they still only jump up to 62.

So right now they should have the advantage, but of course it can all change depending how the 13 opponents of each team fare in their final 3 games.

But pretty sure the generator is just wrong. My guess is that the common opponents formula is only using the results from games already played instead of also factoring in the games that are inputted by the user for the final 3 weeks. That would eliminate the Cowboys over Bucs game and incorrectly give the Bears the tiebreak 4-1 vs 3-1-?.

CPanther95

Reaction score
DAL goes 11-5 if you use win %
They go 9-7 if you use home team.
Either way they are a 4 seed and face SEA
off rank where DAL sucks still goes 4 seed and faces SEA at 8-8
Def rank makes it 11-5 DAL again 4 seed hosting SEA.

DAL is basically in beyond all but miracle status and it seems about 90% likely the face SEA.

Sadly they got rid of the sort by Power Rankings. Similar to winning %, but eliminates ties. Fortunately, this year there are few remaining games with teams with the same record playing each other.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sadly they got rid of the sort by Power Rankings. Similar to winning %, but eliminates ties. Fortunately, this year there are few remaining games with teams with the same record playing each other.
I'm far too lazy to pick each game though that would offer more accuracy... all that said this time last year we knew we were kinda hosed and looking for miracles.
This year we are pretty set and can coast.
4 seed vs 5 seed SEA very, very likely.

Flamma

Reaction score
But pretty sure the generator is just wrong. My guess is that the common opponents formula is only using the results from games already played instead of also factoring in the games that are inputted by the user for the final 3 weeks. That would eliminate the Cowboys over Bucs game and incorrectly give the Bears the tiebreak 4-1 vs 3-1-?.

I don't think so because if they used games already played then Chicago would win a tie breaker on conference record. That only becomes a tie if the Bears lose one more game. Maybe since they can't compute strength of victory after 3 weeks of play where I did not input anything else is the reason for the mess up? I'm going to try and fill in the other games and see what happens.

Nope it didn't work. I guess the model just can't go as far as strength of victory. That's my guess.

Last edited: