ESPN Playoff generator

Flamma

Reaction score
I messed around with the Giants on a different engine and they have a shot if they win out. And what would have to happen besides them winning out is not at all unlikely. Dallas may not need to win the last week of the season.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I messed around with the Giants on a different engine and they have a shot if they win out. And what would have to happen besides them winning out is not at all unlikely. Dallas may not need to win the last week of the season.

Yeah, the Giants need a handful of things to happen and none of them are remote at all. But just like 1 person getting heads while flipping a coin is not unlikely, but it is unlikely that 6 or 7 people flipping a coin will all get heads.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I've seen a couple of scenarios where we're the 3 seed and hosting either the Commanders or Vikes as a 6th seed.

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, the Giants need a handful of things to happen and none of them are remote at all. But just like 1 person getting heads while flipping a coin is not unlikely, but it is unlikely that 6 or 7 people flipping a coin will all get heads.

That's true. I guess what I meant was there is no huge hurdle to climb other than the law of averages. But all I was doing was picking the most likely outcome for the remaining games of other potential wildcard teams. I wasn't trying to get the Giants in the playoffs besides giving them 3 wins. I do believe an 8-8 team or worse will get the 6th seed. I think the hardest part will be them winning out.

CPanther95

Reaction score
That's true. I guess what I meant was there is no huge hurdle to climb other than the law of averages. But all I was doing was picking the most likely outcome for the remaining games of other potential wildcard teams. I wasn't trying to get the Giants in the playoffs besides giving them 3 wins. I do believe an 8-8 team or worse will get the 6th seed. I think the hardest part will be them winning out.

I agree, winning out is the toughest thing for the Giants, but assuming they do, I also see each of the other criteria as being more likely than not.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
We need the bears to lose two games. Most likely they could lose this weekend with Rogers and then if Minnesota is still playing to stay in the playoffs lose week 17. That would give us the 3 seed. Chances are NO ends up with the 1 seed so a wc round victory would send us to LA for divisional round which I much prefer

Flamma

Reaction score
The Bears need to lose one more game and Dallas has to win out. I think Dallas wins the tie breaker. The Bears lost at home to the Giants not too long ago. It's possible they could lose 2.

jordan4vols

Reaction score
The Bears need to lose one more game and Dallas has to win out. I think Dallas wins the tie breaker. The Bears lost at home to the Giants not too long ago. It's possible they could lose 2.
According the generator they have to lose 2. We can lose one but it can only the Colts game to get the 3

Flamma

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I have both Dallas and Chicago tied at 4-1 in common games.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
We are gonna play the Seahawks in Dallas in the first round.

Unless something crazy happens.

Yeah, the most likely matchup is this. You know what, I don't think the Cowboys will give it all against the Giants in week 17 and lose that game anyway. The 3rd seed is not very realistic tbh.

On the other hand, the Rams have a very easy schedule and they will finish 14-2. The Saints' schedule is tougher with two Panthers games and one against the Steelers. They might drop one of them.

I think the matchups will be like this;

1- Rams 2- Saints

6- Vikings @ 3- Bears
5- Seahawks @ 4- Cowboys

Cowboys @ Rams
Bears @ Saints

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Their starting QB Mitchell Trubisky was out for the Giants game. Last game Bears beat Rams so I don't expect Bears to lose 2 games

CPanther95

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I have both Dallas and Chicago tied at 4-1 in common games.

Must be missing something - I see the same thing.

Seahawks, Bucs, Lions, Giants

Dallas: L, W, W, WW
Chicago: W, W, WW, L

Yet they show the Bears always winning the tiebreak because of common opponent record.

EDIT> Probably moot since a tie would mean NFC Record is next and that would also be tied which moves on to Strength of Victory where the Bears would win the tiebreak anyway.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Must be missing something - I see the same thing.

Seahawks, Bucs, Lions, Giants

Dallas: L, W, W, WW
Chicago: W, W, WW, L

Yet they show the Bears always winning the tiebreak because of common opponent record.

EDIT> Probably moot since a tie would mean NFC Record is next and that would also be tied which moves on to Strength of Victory where the Bears would win the tiebreak anyway.

They're only 4 points ahead of us in strength of victory with an extra win. It can't be that either.