ESPN: Police suspend investigation involving Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott, cite lack of witnesses

aria

Reaction score
I hope you aren't saying Giants players are on equal footing as Cowboys players when it comes to their treatment by the NFL front office.
I'm saying the same thing I always have, the Cowboys aren't targeted more than anyone else and people can point the finger at us too for "suspicious" actions so let's not be hypocrites, it sounds whiney and like we're always making excuses.

Reaction score
The police can contact anyone if they really want to unless the guy left town or something. This is strange.
Lets start a baseless rumor:

David Wells, acting on behalf of Jerry Jones, finds this guy and pays him 10 grand to go on a nice vacation and forget this ever happened.

It fits.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm saying the same thing I always have, the Cowboys aren't targeted more than anyone else and people can point the finger at us too for "suspicious" actions so let's not be hypocrites, it sounds whiney and like we're always making excuses.
You are free to call it as you see it. If that means you think I'm a hypocrite or whiney then you have a right to your opinion. In turn you'll have to be okay with me believing you are ill-informed. I've known for many years that Giant's players are given preferential treatment over Cowboys by the NFL front office and now with the addition of Tom Coughlin to that office, I don't have a shadow of a doubt of that belief.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Let's be honest, if this was a Giants player everyone here would be screaming that Mara paid the guy off, there should be an outside investigation, blah blah blah. Stop being hypocrites, Zeke got lucky and so did we as fans, but you're right the NFL will still investigate like they do with ALL players.

Lol fact! I think Ill have a gander at thier board. Im sure its hilarious. This would be the moment I am faced with the realization Im a total hypocrite.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Is this a different report than the other thread that mentioned the investigation would be suspended because they couldn't find the person that was punched? Or has Zeke actually been cleared because they looked into it.
No..

same report.

Others posted right after me.

At last a peak at some sunshine.

I want to enjoy this season..

No more bad news..

aria

Reaction score
You are free to call it as you see it. If that means you think I'm a hypocrite or whiney then you have a right to your opinion. In turn you'll have to be okay with me believing you are ill-inform. I've known for many years that Giant's players are given preferential treatment over Cowboys by the NFL front office and now with the addition of Tom Coughlin to that office, I don't have a shadow of a doubt of that belief.
Fair enough. On a related side note of what I consider funny, I just got off the phone with my old "roommate" and he was crying about how the Giants got screwed on scheduling this year.

Something about the least total days of rest out of any team and more than double the next closest team. They requested 2 west coast back to back games so they could stay out there (like the Eagles) and were denied. And maybe the play the most teams coming off a bye, not sure what he was rambling about.

As much as I laughed at him and called him some inappropriate names it just goes to show almost every team thinks they get screwed by the NFL which I DO agree with because the NFL management sucks.

Also, it doesn't surprise me if the NFL does takes more notice of Zeke and the Cowboys. It's no secret Jerry likes to take chances with high risk players, most of whom weren't worth it IMO. I wouldn't place Zeke in the "high" risk category prior to now but he did have some more baggage than other players coming out of college and I'm not even talking about the bs DV issue. Even his own dad expressed concern,

Whether he broke any laws or not he continuously puts himself in bad situations and we obviously disagree (which a lot of us do :) ) but I don't think he's being picked on. He brought this on himself and needs to get a grip and grow up.

It's all good man, I appreciate your response. I'm sure we'll agree to disagree on other issues but we all cheer for the same team :)

aria

Reaction score
Lol fact! I think Ill have a gander at thier board. Im sure its hilarious. This would be the moment I am faced with the realization Im a total hypocrite.
Haha...I've taken a gander at all other NFCE boards but we're the most entertaining by far. Although I haven't been in a long while I know the Giants have a specific trash talking thread and I think there is (or was) one Cowboy fan that's been there awhile and continuously gets them riled up, it's hilarious. We should all go over some time. Don't even have to "troll", can go right to the trash talk forum and do just that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Most bar fights don't end with long Police investigations....... if it is open and shut and the victim wants to press charges they will proceed....... otherwise go through the motions for a couple days and then move on......... No body = No crime

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Just watched a video on nfl.com saying the NFL will continue to investigate the bar fight even though the police suspended their efforts.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Just watched a video on nfl.com saying the NFL will continue to investigate the bar fight even though the police suspended their efforts.
No surprise there, Vi.

Unless someone comes up with more concrete evidence other than someone hit the dude, I think Zeke will skate by on this one.

I also don't think anything will come of the DV nonsense. As Reality stated in the Drama Zone Announcement, lots of clickbait crappola floating around. All this stuff from Schefter, et al., I believe is nonsense.

I've seen nothing concrete to convince me otherwise. Hell, the most damning thing, imo, with Zeke this offseason was him pulling down that girl's top, and that's never mentioned, and is a nonstarter as far as the league is concerned, it appears.

rynochop

Reaction score
I'd genuinely like to know what specifically they are going to do to investigate it further.
Nobody was forthcoming to the police, the victim gave the police bogus contact info, he probably has warrants for god knows what, so what makes the NFL think they're going to find anything?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let's be honest, if this was a Giants player everyone here would be screaming that Mara paid the guy off, there should be an outside investigation, blah blah blah. Stop being hypocrites, Zeke got lucky and so did we as fans, but you're right the NFL will still investigate like they do with ALL players.
No if it was a giants player he would have gotten a slap on the wrist like Josh Brown

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Josh Brown says hello.

He drew a 1-game suspension for terrorizing his family.

Just like there was no suspension set in place for Ray McDonald when he signed with the Bears and the signing by the Bears was 'okay' with the media. But once the Cowboys signed Hardy, he was given a 10-game suspension (after basically being suspended for a year by the Panthers) and the media almost had a conniption fit over it. So much so that one of Hardy's lead critics, Diana Moskovitz, completely contradicted herself with regards to Hardy when it came to Hope Solo's assault on her boyfriend before the Olympics.

Dante Fowler recently punched a guy in the face and was actually arrested and it's nowhere to be found on the front page of ESPN.com.

And let's not forget how the media swore up and down that there was a tape circulating that was '10 times worse than the Ray Rice tape' with regards to Dez. No tape was ever found and it cost Dez millions and smeared his reputation.

There's always been a double standard with the Cowboys and the rest of the league and it's in part why the Cowboys have to seek a coach that can handle these matters without them being a distraction. Wade couldn't and that's what we got with Wade where hacks like Steve Dennis got up in his face and demanded that he call his team a bunch of losers (despite leading the division at that time and going on to win the division). I generally believe that Garrett is better suited to deal with this hysteria.

YR

aria

Reaction score
No if it was a giants player he would have gotten a slap on the wrist like Josh Brown
I don't know all the details of that but I know the NFL attempted to get more information and the local chief of police wouldn't cooperate. Once more information was released he was cut by the Giants.

I also know the DV incident originally in question was the slightly red wrist that she had from him trying to prevent her from picking up the phone and call the police which he admitted to. No charges filed.

After the chief of police coopersted and the NFL concluded their investigation it turns out he is a POS and admitted he has problems.

That's about all I know with regard to that. What else?

aria

Reaction score
Josh Brown says hello.

He drew a 1-game suspension for terrorizing his family.

Just like there was no suspension set in place for Ray McDonald when he signed with the Bears and the signing by the Bears was 'okay' with the media. But once the Cowboys signed Hardy, he was given a 10-game suspension (after basically being suspended for a year by the Panthers) and the media almost had a conniption fit over it. So much so that one of Hardy's lead critics, Diana Moskovitz, completely contradicted herself with regards to Hardy when it came to Hope Solo's assault on her boyfriend before the Olympics.

Dante Fowler recently punched a guy in the face and was actually arrested and it's nowhere to be found on the front page of ESPN.com.

And let's not forget how the media swore up and down that there was a tape circulating that was '10 times worse than the Ray Rice tape' with regards to Dez. No tape was ever found and it cost Dez millions and smeared his reputation.

There's always been a double standard with the Cowboys and the rest of the league and it's in part why the Cowboys have to seek a coach that can handle these matters without them being a distraction. Wade couldn't and that's what we got with Wade where hacks like Steve Dennis got up in his face and demanded that he call his team a bunch of losers (despite leading the division at that time and going on to win the division). I generally believe that Garrett is better suited to deal with this hysteria.

YR
As I've said, a lot of players want to play for "Americas Team" because of the exposure. With the exposure comes the good and the bad. No one is complaining that we usually get more prime time games even when we're not that good. No one is complaining how good of a job Jerry has done with marketing the team. No one is complaining that we have one of the largest fan bases in the world. No one is complaining that the media, Jerry and a lot of fans are constantly putting us in the SB conversation even when we were just average.

When a starting running back for Cleveland clocks someone the media doesn't care nor do most fans in the NFL, they're irrelevant. When a Dallas Cowboy clocks someone (allegedly) in a bar you're dang right that's going to make headlines, just like we also make headlines for all the reasons I mentioned above. Good or bad, the Cowboys draw attention and ratings. You can't have it both ways.

Hardy is trash and no other team was looking at him other then Miami? I can't remember what the other team was. Regardless, Jerry has a long list of hiring troubled players for a "discount" and I believe he does it not just for the "discount" but for the attention. He eats it up plus it draws more people to watch the games whether they hate or love the Cowboys. He got partly what he wanted by hiring Hardy, attention.

Don't forget Hardy was also different from others with the way everything went down and the victim "disappearing" after he was initially found guilty by a judge.

Dez smeared his own reputation and had help from his mom.

We all now know Brown was a POS but I honestly don't know how much information the NFL had on him prior to him admitting what he did. I know the NFL was investigating him and the chief of police where the charges were filed wouldn't release crucial information until later in the investigation. I'll say this, I at least give credit to the Giants for cutting him. I doubt Jerry would cut a pro bowl type kicker, no matter what he did, if he was only suspended for one game. IMOF, if Bailey wasn't such a stud I could easily see Jerry picking up Brown for a discount and no one here would have any problems with it.

I won't argue there is a double standard with regards to the attention they get which I already addressed but that double standard works both ways. I also completely agree with you on the coaching. Again, the Cowboys will always be in the spotlight for better or worse, good or bad, SB caliber team or only 4 wins...that's what they are.