ESPN Premature Extrapolation and Publication

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Wow. Very surprised a judge would make this ruling before Henderson rules. That tells me the judge doesn't like what he sees. I thought they were only asking to rule once Henderson makes a ruling and I thought the league was supposed to file a motion to dismiss. Either they didn't or that got tossed quickly, like on the spot.

Basically it means the NFLPA is covering all their bases first. They realized they made mistakes during the Deflategate proceedings and that the NFL ran roughshod all over them. The NFLPA didn't have to wait. They are going to throw everything at the NFL and Goddell and that they want to show that they mean business.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I fully expect Henderson to uphold the suspension. He is a lackey of the NFL in part of their conspiracy against Elliott and by extension the Cowboys.

If Henderson was going to rule in Elliott's favor, he would not need the weekend to do it. The evidence of malpractice by the NFL is clear here. What he is doing is trying to use the weekend to create a result that will not be torn to shreds in court on the eventual appeal.

The NFLPA has called into question Henderson's involvement in these hearings numerous times.

Despite the lack of evidence, an appellate court may rule in the NFL's favor largely on the basis of the commissioner's broad powers.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see whether ESPN acknowledges its error or simply hopes fairy dust settled on computers during the time the story was up, preventing anyone from seeing it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay... Not quite so REAL yet. Thanks @Reality for getting me to post... You know I only do such things in the most extreme of importance!
I want an INJUNCTION! Honestly, I have no idea where I'm going with this post.

My fingers keep going and I don't know what they're doing. I'm not even looking at the screen anymore...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ESPN botched the report, the hearing was set not that it was granted.

Idiots
dog-peeing-on-espn-com.jpg

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
So Henderson ruled already?

Probably, as soon as he saw that filing last night, and the Judge putting a restraining order he got out of Dodge with the rest of the NY GANG!!!!

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
The ESPN article kind of sounds like an article written just to have when the news does break. The article references Henderson upholding the suspension, but have we gotten a ruling yet from him?

This might be a premature ejaculation on the part of ESPN.

Hate that premature ejaculation man.......

csirl

Reaction score
If you can make a case as to a likely appeal, it isn't difficult to get an injunction granted by a judge. The timing of 's Henderson's ruling has no bearing on that at all.

+1

Temporary injunctions are very easy to get. If the injunction makes little difference it will nearly always be granted at the applicants risk (note that applicant must pay compensation if they ultimately lose).

Where I am an injuction must be responded to within 7 days and if the applicant cant make a good case its thrown out. Is that the case in Texas

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
In other words the judge will most likely rule in favour of Zeke on Tuesday. It's all part of the process :clap:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
This is actually a win for Zeke. This judge could have denied the petition saying he hasn't exhausted his remedies through the CBA thus giving the NFL the chance to file in New York. Instead he has agreed to hear the arguements and has accepted that time is of the essence to make a ruling before the Cowboys first game.

jday

Reaction score
Who is that?
Is that Jerry Reed?
I think he played a conniving football coach onceo_O
Waterboy. That's the part of the movie following half time when Waterboy shows up and the crowd goes wild much to the rising concern of one Coach Red Beaulieu played by Jerry Reed.