ESPN rankings of QB's and RB's

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
IMO, here's how I see it.

QB is debatable. Yes, Brunell outplayed Bledsoe, but Bledsoe was playing much better before Adams went down and the OL basically messed him up. Now, the OL is better than last year's, so Bledsoe should return to the form he was at the start of the season. With that said, Brunell is also getting alot of injuries, and as we lovingly call him, he's a "noodle arm." That's why I think Bledsoe will be better. I'm basing it off of the start of last season, before our OL just suddenly deteriorating. It depends how you look at it.

Their starting RB is better than our starting RB, but I'm pretty sure MB3 is better than their #2. You would accept that we have a better depth, right?

Now, for WR.

Owens > Moss, it is closer than we think, but Owens is better.
Glenn > Lloyd, Glenn had a productive season after being doubled just about every play. Now with Owens on the field, Glenn won't take the double coverage.
Witten > Cooley, if the OL performs better, Witten will be much, much better.

Now, Commanders fans want to talk about depth. Yes, they have a better WR depth than us. Don't we have a better RB depth though. IMO, their RBs are better, but if they base their WR's as better than ours bc of depth, then shouldn't our RB's be better for the same reason?

To be honest...I could care less about backup RB's....

Portis is a lot better than our backs.

Its like when people say Alexander has no backup and "we have better depth".....so? Alexander is an MVP RB. That matters more than who the backup is. Jones hasn't sniffed anything near what Portis has done.

Their RB situation is better than ours. Regardless if we have them beat with depth.

And when I said the WR stuff was debatable, it did not mean I agree that the Commanders receivers are better than ours. It just means I can sort of understand the listing of the Skins WR's better than ours (even if I disagree with it). Moss had a great year last year. People are enamored with Lloyd. And Cooley had a heckuva season as well.

Its not entirely ludacris.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
bledsoe out played Mcnabb.. our RB's are better... our WR are better... and our defense was better than there's

but again they sitll rank phili higher thanus in that regard, admit it, the ESPN hatred for the cowboys continues, it doenst change cuase they hire some former cowboys

And.....I care...?

Its ESPN. Its entertainment. Its not supposed to be loaded with facts and stats, or the average viewer wouldn't watch. Put it this way, you can come here and get better stats and facts. But I bet more Cowboys fans watch ESPN than look at message boards? Why? Because the average fan wants to be entertained. When you look at ESPN for what it is, an Entertainment Sports network, its hard to get upset with them.

Who cares where they rank us? Seriously? Does it have ANY bearing whatsoever on how the season unfolds?

ESPN doesn't have that much power.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Sorry, Dallas needs to go out and earn respect, I'm not going to sit here and whine about what ESPN has to say. You want them to talk differently about the team as they did in the early 90's where they gave us a lot of good press? then this team needs to get their butts in gear and do something. We have done nothing as of yet to earn anyones respect and that has to change

But agian your not making any sense.

In one breath yoyu say the skins beat us twice and so its reasonable to say they are better than us in every facet

then in the next its we have to prove oursevles, and earn respect.

The Commanders got owned by us for years and now that they beat us they have the respect

But the eagles have routinly spanked us, and when we beat them, we still dont get respect it doenst match up dude.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Vintage said:
To be honest...I could care less about backup RB's....

Portis is a lot better than our backs.

Its like when people say Alexander has no backup and "we have better depth".....so? Alexander is an MVP RB. That matters more than who the backup is. Jones hasn't sniffed anything near what Portis has done.

Their RB situation is better than ours. Regardless if we have them beat with depth.

And when I said the WR stuff was debatable, it did not mean I agree that the Commanders receivers are better than ours. It just means I can sort of understand the listing of the Skins WR's better than ours (even if I disagree with it). Moss had a great year last year. People are enamored with Lloyd. And Cooley had a heckuva season as well.

Its not entirely ludacris.

I was trying to make a point with the RB thing. Yes, their RB's are better than ours, but I'd say that we have better depth, because JJ and MB3 aren't too far apart, but if Portis goes down, there will be a big drop off. Yes their RB's are better, but IMO we have better depth.

NOw, I was trying to tie that into the WR thing. Many Commanders fans agree taht Owens > Moss, Glenn > Lloyd, and Witten > Cooley, but they say, "we have better depth", and write it off as the Commanders have better WR depth. So, think about it. We have better WR's, but they ahve better depth.

Running backs:

Depth: us
Player: them

WR:
Depth: them
Players: us

Now, if they get the nod on WR's for having a better depth, shouldn't we get the nod on RB's for having a better depth? That was my argument for showing how stupid the WR rankings are. I agree with the RB rankings, but no way do I agree with the WR rankings.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Vintage said:
And.....I care...?

Its ESPN. Its entertainment. Its not supposed to be loaded with facts and stats, or the average viewer wouldn't watch. Put it this way, you can come here and get better stats and facts. But I bet more Cowboys fans watch ESPN than look at message boards? Why? Because the average fan wants to be entertained. When you look at ESPN for what it is, an Entertainment Sports network, its hard to get upset with them.

Who cares where they rank us? Seriously? Does it have ANY bearing whatsoever on how the season unfolds?

ESPN doesn't have that much power.

i was basing my repsonse of what you said, this response doesnt change what you said, nor answer my question.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
But agian your not making any sense.

In one breath yoyu say the skins beat us twice and so its reasonable to say they are better than us in every facet

then in the next its we have to prove oursevles, and earn respect.

The Commanders got owned by us for years and now that they beat us they have the respect

But the eagles have routinly spanked us, and when we beat them, we still dont get respect it doenst match up dude.

I refuse to sit here and whine about what ESPN says, boo hoo they did not talk great about us? what has this team done? we beat up an eagles team with an injured QB and a lot of issue last season. No doubt ESPN is giving the eagles the benifet of the doubt based on winning the NFCE 4 out of 5 years and I'm not saying it is right but for Dallas to get respect from the media from ESPN then they need to go out and earn that respect. Seem you wanted just handed to us, it does not work that way!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
i was basing my repsonse of what you said, this response doesnt change what you said, nor answer my question.

I am sorry.

I come from a place where you have to actually ask a question to get an answer.

Silly, isn't it?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I refuse to sit here and whine about what ESPN says, boo hoo they did not talk great about us? what has this team done? we beat up an eagles team with an injured QB and a lot of issue last season. No doubt ESPN is giving the eagles the benifet of the doubt based on winning the NFCE 4 out of 5 years and I'm not saying it is right but for Dallas to get respect from the media from ESPN then they need to go out and earn that respect. Seem you wanted just handed to us, it does not work that way!

Ok and the skins beat a team with an OT, and rookie OT, no starting Fs, and injured RB, do i need to continues

im not asking for anything to be handed to us, im trying to figure out why because of one fluke game, and one bad game that now the Commanders deserve respect and should be ranked higher than us in all aspects, when they havent proven themselves either. Again, i could care less for ESPN and there rankings it was what you said that i wasked about., You keep on bringin up ESPN, when i was asking about your opinion not ESPN. i dont give a flippy burger about ESPN

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Vintage said:
I am sorry.

I come from a place where you have to actually ask a question to get an answer.

Silly, isn't it?

no your train of thought, and pointless repsonses, to things that were'nt in the topic is silly.

Moving along, this thread is getting tiresome, have a nice day

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I was trying to make a point with the RB thing. Yes, their RB's are better than ours, but I'd say that we have better depth, because JJ and MB3 aren't too far apart, but if Portis goes down, there will be a big drop off. Yes their RB's are better, but IMO we have better depth.

NOw, I was trying to tie that into the WR thing. Many Commanders fans agree taht Owens > Moss, Glenn > Lloyd, and Witten > Cooley, but they say, "we have better depth", and write it off as the Commanders have better WR depth. So, think about it. We have better WR's, but they ahve better depth.

Running backs:

Depth: us
Player: them

WR:
Depth: them
Players: us

Now, if they get the nod on WR's for having a better depth, shouldn't we get the nod on RB's for having a better depth? That was my argument for showing how stupid the WR rankings are. I agree with the RB rankings, but no way do I agree with the WR rankings.

I understand we have more depth. I just don't care that much, to be honest.

If they called up and asked us to do a swap (all of their RB's for all of ours), I do it.

As far as the WR, rankings....I was looking at the top 3 WR and TE.

Glenn, Owens, Crayton, Witten vs Lloyd, Moss, Randle El, Cooley.

My point was not that they are better. But that is not as ludacris to say as some think.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
no your train of thought, and pointless repsonses, to things that were'nt in the topic is silly.

Moving along, this thread is getting tiresome, have a nice day

No, you are wrong. Again. Someone asked why are the Commanders ranked better than us everywhere. My response was that bec. Bledsoe was outplayed by Brunell, etc....

Then you replied to it with Eagles junk....Which was off topic.

Then I replied again.

Then you accused me of being pointless bec. I ignored your question.

To which I pointed out, you didn't even ask a question, so how am I supposed to answer it? Mind read?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Ok and the skins beat a team with an OT, and rookie OT, no starting Fs, and injured RB, do i need to continues

im not asking for anything to be handed to us, im trying to figure out why because of one fluke game, and one bad game that now the Commanders deserve respect and should be ranked higher than us in all aspects, when they havent proven themselves either. Again, i could care less for ESPN and there rankings it was what you said that i wasked about., You keep on bringin up ESPN, when i was asking about your opinion not ESPN. i dont give a flippy burger about ESPN

They (skins) made it to the post season, we didn't. they kicked our butt 35 to 7 in a game that was never close so yes they are going to get praise for a good season. As far as I'm concerned we have the potential to be a very good team but they have to come out this season and show it week in and week out. If this team does that we get the respect we want

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Vintage said:
I understand we have more depth. I just don't care that much, to be honest.

If they called up and asked us to do a swap (all of their RB's for all of ours), I do it.

As far as the WR, rankings....I was looking at the top 3 WR and TE.

Glenn, Owens, Crayton, Witten vs Lloyd, Moss, Randle El, Cooley.

My point was not that they are better. But that is not as ludacris to say as some think.

I know, their RB's are better than ours. I'm just saying, that many Commanders fans agree that our WR's are better, but they say that their depth is better, so their WR corps is better. Well then, IMO, if that's true, then we have a better RB depth, even though ours are worse, so we MUST have a better RB corps. I'm just saying that their logic is ludicrous.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I know, their RB's are better than ours. I'm just saying, that many Commanders fans agree that our WR's are better, but they say that their depth is better, so their WR corps is better. Well then, IMO, if that's true, then we have a better RB depth, even though ours are worse, so we MUST have a better RB corps. I'm just saying that their logic is ludicrous.

OK.....I misunderstood you.

I thought you were trying to convince me that our RBs were better. Somewhere along the line, I mis-read one of your posts.

My bad.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Vintage said:
OK.....I misunderstood you.

I thought you were trying to convince me that our RBs were better. Somewhere along the line, I mis-read one of your posts.

My bad.

no harm no foul :)

cowboywho?

Reaction score
You guys dont get it. it not that our WR core is better but they also consider stuff like the the OL and stuff of that nature.

Not just the WR.

...I think

burmafrd

Reaction score
Supposedly it is only the WR/TE. that is why they have done each separate (QB, RB, etc)

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Supposedly it is only the WR/TE. that is why they have done each separate (QB, RB, etc)

Not exactly. For a couple of the positions, like San Diego, they brought up how LT is a big recieving threat out of the backfield. I think one of them mentioned this for the Giants (Tiki) and Arizona (Edge) as well.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Catching passes is a RB duty as well. THEY claimed that in isolation that is how they are rating each unit- if that is not the case, then the whole thing is even more flawed.

MossBurner

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
IMO, here's how I see it.

Their starting RB is better than our starting RB, but I'm pretty sure MB3 is better than their #2. You would accept that we have a better depth, right?

Now, Commanders fans want to talk about depth. Yes, they have a better WR depth than us. Don't we have a better RB depth though. IMO, their RBs are better, but if they base their WR's as better than ours bc of depth, then shouldn't our RB's be better for the same reason?

Why is every Cowboys fan so big on MB3? He's a good backup, that's it. He may even be better than JJ; that doesn't say much about the Boys' RBs.

First of all, Portis is far superior to any back on the Boys. If he's a 92/100, JJ is a 62/100, at best.

Ladell Betts is a great #2 RB. He also is a solid kick returner. Rock is by far the best #3 RB in the league. The Skins also have Mike Sellers, who scores a lot and is a special teams ace. The Skins RB situation is much better than the Cowboys.