ESPN rankings of QB's and RB's

burmafrd

Reaction score
Moss you are a homer supreme. Yes Portis is better because he has not been injured like JJ has. If you look at yds per game played I would bet that JJ is very close to Portis. And Barber is better then Betts.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Actually just looked it up. Jones has averaged a littl over 86 yds per game and Portis has averaged not quite 99 yds per game. NOT a great difference. AND to top it off at washington he has averaged only 91 yds per game. Of course since anyone can make yds in Denver only his Wash time should be considered.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Actually just looked it up. Jones has averaged a littl over 86 yds per game and Portis has averaged not quite 99 yds per game. NOT a great difference. AND to top it off at washington he has averaged only 91 yds per game. Of course since anyone can make yds in Denver only his Wash time should be considered.

:lmao2: please, now I know you are not going to try and compare somone who has over 1500 yards in 3 out of his first 4 seasons to someone who has missed 11 games in his first two seasons.
so the next time JJ gets 1500 yards, let alone 1300, give me a call. Then maybe you might have a LITTLE validity

Just don't even try. Because frankly, you are the only one of this site that would even try to make a comparison between the two

so the next time JJ gets 1500 yards, let alone 1300, give me a call. Because maybe then you might have a LITTLE validity

burmafrd

Reaction score
yds per game baby- not much difference. Certainly right now Portis has the edge because he has not been injured like JJ has. Though if Gibbs keeps riding him like he did last season he will not last long.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
:lmao2: please, now I know you are not going to try and compare somone who has over 1500 yards in 3 out of his first 4 seasons to someone who has missed 11 games in his first two seasons.
so the next time JJ gets 1500 yards, let alone 1300, give me a call. Then maybe you might have a LITTLE validity

Just don't even try. Because frankly, you are the only one of this site that would even try to make a comparison between the two

so the next time JJ gets 1500 yards, let alone 1300, give me a call. Because maybe then you might have a LITTLE validity

You will be surprised by what that homer will try to compare. Believe me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
:lmao2: he did do a good job keeping the fan base entertained inbetween weeks

It truly amazes me that it takes so little to entertain people. :laugh2:

wxcpo

Reaction score
Why is it that we are discussing the foreskins so much recently. WHO CARES!!!! I could care less where some writer or sports entertainment show has the skins ranked or the Cowboys even. They are simply journalists expressing their opinions, they are no more of an authority about who has the better QB, RB or WR than you or I. Of course it doesn't take a genius to say Portis is a better RB than Jones, duh. We all know that Owens is a better WR than Moss, even though Moss is catching up, but right now Moss isn't in Owens class. Skins homers will say the rankings are 100% correct because it strokes their homer egos. Don't worry about arguing over who has the better players, lets just wait until the games are played and see who is the better TEAM.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
wxcpo said:
Why is it that we are discussing the foreskins so much recently. WHO CARES!!!! I could care less where some writer or sports entertainment show has the skins ranked or the Cowboys even. They are simply journalists expressing their opinions, they are no more of an authority about who has the better QB, RB or WR than you or I. Of course it doesn't take a genius to say Portis is a better RB than Jones, duh. We all know that Owens is a better WR than Moss, even though Moss is catching up, but right now Moss isn't in Owens class. Skins homers will say the rankings are 100% correct because it strokes their homer egos. Don't worry about arguing over who has the better players, lets just wait until the games are played and see who is the better TEAM.

actually, i posted a link earlier to ES that was concerning the rankings. Most of the people responding to the thread think that we are overrated, and that the 'boys should be ranked higher.

but like everyone else said, what does it matter?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Like Rod Taylor said in "Train Robbers"
"Its something to do!!"

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
(In your mind) Glenn (32) is better than Lloyd (25), but 31/32 NFL GMs would rather have Lloyd as their number 2 receiver.

you actually asked 32 NFL GMs?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
MossBurner said:
Why is every Cowboys fan so big on MB3? He's a good backup, that's it. He may even be better than JJ; that doesn't say much about the Boys' RBs.

First of all, Portis is far superior to any back on the Boys. If he's a 92/100, JJ is a 62/100, at best.

Ladell Betts is a great #2 RB. He also is a solid kick returner. Rock is by far the best #3 RB in the league. The Skins also have Mike Sellers, who scores a lot and is a special teams ace. The Skins RB situation is much better than the Cowboys.

buddy, read the rest of my posts. You didn't understand what I was getting at.

MB3 > Betts, are you kidding me? We're talking about running out of the LOS, not kick returning.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
Actually, ESPN gave us a worse ranking than the Commanders on EVERYTHING.

According to ESPN:

Brunell >> Bledsoe
Portis >> JJ and MB3
Moss + Lloyd + Cooley > Owens + Glenn + Witten
Commanders Pass D >> Cowboys Pass D
Commanders Run D >> Cowboys Run D

Talk about really, really one sided...So you're telling me that the Commanders are better than us at EVERYTHING? Hardly..
I'd take Portis over our entire stable of RBs for sure....At QB, I'd say it's a draw at this point in their careers...I'd say WR is a draw in my mind...but I like our D better than theirs top to bottom.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You need to stop stating this fallacy. Moss had 1100 yards and 10 TD's in 2003. If that is not a good season than you must not think very highly of Terry Glenn.

Yeah great comparison. Moss is your #1 WR and Glenn our #2. Thanks for proving our point.:lmao:

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Yeah great comparison. Moss is your #1 WR and Glenn our #2. Thanks for proving our point.:lmao:

That was never his point. He said Moss only had one good season. I proved him wrong, thanks for trying though. :rolleyes:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
That was never his point. He said Moss only had one good season. I proved him wrong, thanks for trying though. :rolleyes:

You proved him wrong by comparing him to Glenn?? Forgive me if I don't see the point.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
You proved him wrong by comparing him to Glenn?? Forgive me if I don't see the point.

He said Moss has only had one good season. I showed his stats from 2003, which proved him wrong. I only mentioned Glenn as a taunt. I knew he'd never even looked at Moss' career statistics, and if he did, he would know that saying Moss' 2005 season was the only good one would mean Glenn's NEVER had a good season. Since for Terry Glenn's career, he's never surpassed those type of numbers.

I wasn't comparing Moss directly to Glenn, just pointing out the fallacy in his argument.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
He said Moss has only had one good season. I showed his stats from 2003, which proved him wrong. I only mentioned Glenn as a taunt. I knew he'd never even looked at Moss' career statistics, and if he did, he would know that saying Moss' 2005 season was the only good one would mean Glenn's NEVER had a good season. Since for Terry Glenn's career, he's never surpassed those type of numbers.

I wasn't comparing Moss directly to Glenn, just pointing out the fallacy in his argument.

The fact remains Glenn is our #2 WR, and Moss is your #1. A #2 WR can have a "good season" with stats that don't match up with a #1 WR. No one expects a #2 WR to have #1 WR stats, that's why it's called the #2 WR.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
The fact remains Glenn is our #2 WR, and Moss is your #1. A #2 WR can have a "good season" with stats that don't match up with a #1 WR. No one expects a #2 WR to have #1 WR stats, that's why it's called the #2 WR.

You still don't get what I'm talking about. Glenn hasn't been a #2 reciever his whole career. Even when he was a #1, he never surpassed those type of numbers. I really don't even understand what you're trying to defend here.