News: ESPN: Source: Browns QB Watson suspended 6 games

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’m sure he’s concerned about his reputation regardless the amount of money he has. Something like this could hurt his Hall of Fame chances.
May be too late to salvage his reputation.

Motorola

Reaction score
He wasn't suspended last year. He got his full salary and could have played at any point in the season. Houston chose not to play him and essentially paid him to go away. I only mention this because I don't think last year has any bearing on the length of his actual suspension.
Not quite how the situation was.
Watson had demanded a trade from the Texans in January 2021 - two months before the sexual harassment allegations came to light. The Texans denied his request.
Whether he'd would have stuck to his guns and forgone his 2021 season salary - we will never know.
Once the massuesess' accusations & lawsuit went public, the impasse between player and team basically morphed into a mutual agreement that him sitting out was the way to go.
Watson got his desire - not playing another down for the Texans, and the franchise did a 180° turn and started fielding trade offers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
May be too late to salvage his reputation.

Way too late for that but seem to think because he has money he doesn’t care about his reputation. Money doesn’t solve every problem and isn’t the key to complete happiness.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So IM hearing talking heads discussing the actual ruling and words from the judge. Ive not read it, but it apparently says that Watson used "Predatory," behavior. Ok... so what exactly does the CBA say about predatory behavior? Im gonna veer off into criminal law, so this wont apply to Watson's case.

So im guessing their is no legal penalty for "Predatory," behavior. Lets say I go into a bar and I sit down and scan the room. I look the room over and see a lady at the end of the bar. Now I only went into this bar hoping to hook up with a lady and get sex out of the encounter. So, I se her and say yep... thats the one. So I ask the bartender to send over a drink to her. Is this my first "Predatory," action? Ok, she makes eye contact with me, so I head on over and have a seat with her. Predatory? Keep in mind, the only reason I bought the drink and sat next to her is because im looking to get her into bed. So we start talking, im listening to her and now I start tailoring my words in a way to ingratiate myself to her. IM lying through my teeth about working with foster youth on the weekends because she has said she is a counselor. I smile the best smile I can muster and I continue this charade for about 2 hours.... keep in mind the entire time Im talking with her, im looking her up and down thinking what is my next best approach to get her up to my hotel room. Predatory?

Eventually, my gamble has paid off, and she comes with me to my room and I have the best sex of her life, I then ask her to leave and refuse to give her my cell number as I would hate for my wife to find out about this. Predatory? Sure, to me it is 100% predatory... problem is, Im not thinking that any of those actions actually break a law.

So when the talking heads are getting all upset over certain words, Id like for them to relate the word back to the CBA so I can understand how that specific action applies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Watson will have enough bank to have audtions for a "masseuse harem".
Enough money to keep 'em quiet. Isn't that what the late Kobe said about Shaq during the former's extra-marital affair scandal?

Motorola

Reaction score
Enough money to keep 'em quiet. Isn't that what the late Kobe said about Shaq during the former's extra-marital affair scandal?
March 2005:
'Kobe Bryant and the woman who accused him of SEXUAL ASSAULT settled her civic lawsuit out of court.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
What did he do again? What law did he break?...............................Crickets

Great day for justice in this country. Questionable chick makes questionable moves, makes allegations that cannot be verified.

Me Too my Uncle Mitty

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Watson will have enough bank to have audtions for a "masseuse harem".
No matter his reputation, the masseuses in Cleveland won't turn Watson away when he calls. They are licking their lips for the chance to sue for a settlement with the guy.

Motorola

Reaction score
No matter his reputation, the masseuses in Cleveland won't turn Watson away when he calls. They are licking their lips for the chance to sue for a settlement with the guy.
Browns FO better had given him some ultimatums -
1) Get over his fetish for going after those women that advertise themselves as "legitimate, licensed, certified" massueses.
2) Find himself a "spa" along the lines of what Robert Kraft had; have a lucrative arrangement with the owner that there is a steady stream of "employees" that provide the "services" Watson wants (NDA a given/no brainer).

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Browns FO better had given him some ultimatums -
1) Get over his fetish for going after those women that advertise themselves as "legitimate, licensed, certified" massueses.
2) Find himself a "spa" along the lines of what Robert Kraft had; have a lucrative arrangement with the owner that there is a steady stream of "employees" that provide the "services" Watson wants (NDA a given/no brainer).

I mean there is a condition that he only be allowed to get Massages from the Browns organization which is kind of crazy. It's like saying that you were found to not be an irresponsible driver but nevertheless you aren't allowed to have a license lol.

plymkr

Reaction score
Mark my words, a Cowboys player will probably at some point get accused of what Watson did on a smaller scale, and get a full year at a minimum.
Mark my words that KJ will get suspended for 6 games or more after he was cleared of criminal charges. There's no consistency. KJ will get suspended at the end of TC or when the season is going on and we'll be screwed because we won't have time to replace him.

ESisback

Reaction score
rape..... see this is where you lose any ounce of credibility you may have. Watson was never accused of raping a single person. Facts... try to use them.

What are you, his lawyer? Friend or relative? When 23 women come out complaining about unwanted advances, it kinda leans a little in the rape-y direction. Just trying to make a point that it’s more serious than betting that you’re team will win a game.

Motorola

Reaction score
I mean there is a condition that he only be allowed to get Massages from the Browns organization which is kind of crazy. It's like saying that you were found to not be an irresponsible driver but nevertheless you aren't allowed to have a license lol.
If that's the stipulation -- that's a Pandora"s Box waiting for the lid to be ripped off.
What's the setup going to be - exit interviews, or a requirement the masseuses complete a questionaire after their sessions with Watson?
Or pehaps filming the guy receiving the services to may sure he "behaves"?

Last edited:

sunalsorises

Reaction score
So IM hearing talking heads discussing the actual ruling and words from the judge. Ive not read it, but it apparently says that Watson used "Predatory," behavior. Ok... so what exactly does the CBA say about predatory behavior? Im gonna veer off into criminal law, so this wont apply to Watson's case.

So im guessing their is no legal penalty for "Predatory," behavior. Lets say I go into a bar and I sit down and scan the room. I look the room over and see a lady at the end of the bar. Now I only went into this bar hoping to hook up with a lady and get sex out of the encounter. So, I se her and say yep... thats the one. So I ask the bartender to send over a drink to her. Is this my first "Predatory," action? Ok, she makes eye contact with me, so I head on over and have a seat with her. Predatory? Keep in mind, the only reason I bought the drink and sat next to her is because im looking to get her into bed. So we start talking, im listening to her and now I start tailoring my words in a way to ingratiate myself to her. IM lying through my teeth about working with foster youth on the weekends because she has said she is a counselor. I smile the best smile I can muster and I continue this charade for about 2 hours.... keep in mind the entire time Im talking with her, im looking her up and down thinking what is my next best approach to get her up to my hotel room. Predatory?

Eventually, my gamble has paid off, and she comes with me to my room and I have the best sex of her life, I then ask her to leave and refuse to give her my cell number as I would hate for my wife to find out about this. Predatory? Sure, to me it is 100% predatory... problem is, Im not thinking that any of those actions actually break a law.

So when the talking heads are getting all upset over certain words, Id like for them to relate the word back to the CBA so I can understand how that specific action applies.

That’s not predatory behavior. The woman in the bar in your scenario had a choice. You might be sleazy but she still had a choice. Watson did not give the women he assaulted a choice. Furthermore, Watson brought these women in under the guise they were being hired for a professional service. That’s what makes Watson’s behavior predatory, in very simple terms. I understand you are trying to introduce nuance but there is no nuance in what Watson did.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He had over 20 accusers what are to talking about ?
Let me explain:
The arbitrator, who is a retired judge explained that they were only investigating 5 incidents and then one got thrown out because she wasn't even interviewed by the NFL.
They never decided to look into every single case so it ended up being 4.
That's it. 4.

She explained her decision in detail, but it just comes down to her not seeing a reason to go beyond normal CBA precedent and levied a 6 gamer.

Flamma

Reaction score
Mark my words that KJ will get suspended for 6 games or more after he was cleared of criminal charges. There's no consistency. KJ will get suspended at the end of TC or when the season is going on and we'll be screwed because we won't have time to replace him.

He might. They actually have solid evidence. He's on video.

Vagabond

Reaction score
Any other organization other than the NFL would have fired him two years ago. This penalty is affirmative action at its worst.