News: ESPN: Source: Browns QB Watson suspended 6 games

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Back before smart phones I used to do them constantly at work. Now that my eyes have betrayed me, I'd actually have to turn the light on in the booth. Zero chance that happens.
Lol. I hear ya!
I just ordered a compilation book.
You guys will, probably happily, hear less from me once it comes in.

Corso

Reaction score
Reid, I got that....
4 is still multiple
Zeke had one accuser
Hence my point that this whole deal was unfair to Zeke
And the Cowboys and their fans.
It's not fair, but it's the rules that both the owners and the players agreed upon.
They both agreed to this system.

We can rage and we have a right to, but it is what it is and it's technically correct.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It's not fair, but it's the rules that both the owners and the players agreed upon.

We can rage and we have a right to, but it is what it is and it's technically correct.
Thanks, then just venting my friend......
Appreciate all you guys explaining the details to me.
I thought the NFL was just socking it to the Cowboys again.

Flamma

Reaction score

Besides that, the two cases are different. People seem to like to use the Zeke case as precedent, it can't be done. That's a domestic violence case, Watson's isn't.

ESisback

Reaction score
Im soneone that thinks the actual words we use are important. Watson was never accused of rape... ever. In addition if you think sexual assault is more important to sports leagues than betting on games, all you need to do is look at Pete Rose and Calvin Ridley to know that is absolutely not correct. Ray Rice knocked his girlfriend flat out and got 3 games originally. Ridley bet and BAM like with lightning speed was given a quick 1 year suspension.
Pete Rose, the all time hits leader, has been banned from baseball for betting on his own team winning. Compared to the infractions of dozens of other, lesser players, this is a horrible injustice. That is my opinion, and you’re not going to change it.

Corso

Reaction score
Besides that, the two cases are different. People seem to like to use the Zeke case as precedent, it can't be done. That's a domestic violence case, Watson's isn't.
We all want to simplify things and rage against the "fairness" of it all, but real life doesn't work that way.
It's better for us to understand what is actually happening and consider that life isn't fair, but rules are rules and those rules were agreed upon by both parties.

I understand the rage.
I do.

I also understand why the decision is what it is.

Maybe Goodell appeals.
He must be weighing how bad a precedent it will appear to be, appealing the very first of these kind of decisions from an independent arby, but I'm sure he'll have some highly-paid legal eagles in his ear on the subject.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
IF it was just up to her he probably would have gotten a more severe sentence, but the CBA and it's laws are what she has to abide.
This isn't the Wild West.

unless it goes to goodell, then it is the wild west.

Corso

Reaction score
unless it goes to goodell, then it is the wild west.
Certainly a distinct possibility, but like I said in my last post before this one and I quote:

"Maybe Goodell appeals.
He must be weighing how bad a precedent it will appear to be, appealing the very first of these kind of decisions from an independent arby, but I'm sure he'll have some highly-paid legal eagles in his ear on the subject.".

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Pete Rose, the all time hits leader, has been banned from baseball for betting on his own team winning. Compared to the infractions of dozens of other, lesser players, this is a horrible injustice. That is my opinion, and you’re not going to change it.
im not trying to change your opinion. just pointing out the FACT that sports leagues think betting on games is about more important than ANYTHING.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Certainly a distinct possibility, but like I said in my last post before this one and I quote:

"Maybe Goodell appeals.
He must be weighing how bad a precedent it will appear to be, appealing the very first of these kind of decisions from an independent arby, but I'm sure he'll have some highly-paid legal eagles in his ear on the subject.".
on one hand they look bad if appealing the first arbitrator case in one hand.
Get eviscerated in the media if you let the 6 game suspension stand.... the NFL looks way better in the public eye slamming watson because the general public pays less attention than those in this forum, and those in this forum cant even get the facts straight. Whats that say about the general public?