News: ESPN: Source: Browns QB Watson suspended 6 games

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That’s not predatory behavior. The woman in the bar in your scenario had a choice. You might be sleazy but she still had a choice. Watson did not give the women he assaulted a choice. Furthermore, Watson brought these women in under the guise they were being hired for a professional service. That’s what makes Watson’s behavior predatory, in very simple terms. I understand you are trying to introduce nuance but there is no nuance in what Watson did.

no choice? Did Watson block any of the woman from exiting the room? It was stated that no physical force, threat of violence, or intimidation of any kind took place. So they had no choice> Im not getting any of this stuff. As you said about my scenario above, it makes me a sleaze... and I think that is the same with Watson. IM gonna go try and find this 15 page report and read it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dudes on CZ will swear the NFL (Goodell) isn't against the Cowboys. This is exhibit Z.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s not predatory behavior. The woman in the bar in your scenario had a choice. You might be sleazy but she still had a choice. Watson did not give the women he assaulted a choice. Furthermore, Watson brought these women in under the guise they were being hired for a professional service. That’s what makes Watson’s behavior predatory, in very simple terms. I understand you are trying to introduce nuance but there is no nuance in what Watson did.

What he described is pretty much textbook predatory behavior. It's equivalent to an animal circling prey.

Remember, the lady is using what was presented to her against the NFL guidelines. Apparently she did not find evidence of assault or forced anything. Just that his conduct was inappropriate. Remember, she wasn't there.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Here you go. Read the actual ruling here. I cant stand listening to talking heads and what they THINK should have happened. This is what actually happened and how and why it happened. It is well thought out and reasoned IMO. She clearly states the NFL is trying to change the rules here, after the fact due to public outcry and basically says that is simply unfair to the players without prior notice of changing the rules.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tball/deshaun-watson-suspension-decision.html

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What he described is pretty much textbook predatory behavior. It's equivalent to an animal circling prey.

Remember, the lady is using what was presented to her against the NFL guidelines. Apparently she did not find evidence of assault or forced anything. Just that his conduct was inappropriate. Remember, she wasn't there.

She actually did find him guilty of "Sexual Assault," as defined by the league. She politley slaps the NFL for not having the things they charged Watson with defined BEFORE the behavior took place. The investigators provided definitions of their charges after the fact. She says she will accept those definitions since its the NFL's league, but basically says there is a reason as to why actual laws define illegal behavior very specifically in written code as we cant expect citizens to know if a behavior is illegal if said behaviors arent defined.

I linked to her ruling in another post just now.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Here you go. Read the actual ruling here. I cant stand listening to talking heads and what they THINK should have happened. This is what actually happened and how and why it happened. It is well thought out and reasoned IMO. She clearly states the NFL is trying to change the rules here, after the fact due to public outcry and basically says that is simply unfair to the players without prior notice of changing the rules.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...tball/deshaun-watson-suspension-decision.html
Appreciated.

Flamma

Reaction score

They either have a pay wall or something else preventing me from viewing anything.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Did the Browns have a contract stipulation stating he could only get massages from team employees? They should.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What are you, his lawyer? Friend or relative? When 23 women come out complaining about unwanted advances, it kinda leans a little in the rape-y direction. Just trying to make a point that it’s more serious than betting that you’re team will win a game.

Im soneone that thinks the actual words we use are important. Watson was never accused of rape... ever. In addition if you think sexual assault is more important to sports leagues than betting on games, all you need to do is look at Pete Rose and Calvin Ridley to know that is absolutely not correct. Ray Rice knocked his girlfriend flat out and got 3 games originally. Ridley bet and BAM like with lightning speed was given a quick 1 year suspension.

GMO415

Reaction score
EzE did something alledgedly in college and he gets the same because of one accuser?

Watson had 26 accusations! Only six games?

Weak.

Flamma

Reaction score
She actually did find him guilty of "Sexual Assault," as defined by the league. She politley slaps the NFL for not having the things they charged Watson with defined BEFORE the behavior took place. The investigators provided definitions of their charges after the fact. She says she will accept those definitions since its the NFL's league, but basically says there is a reason as to why actual laws define illegal behavior very specifically in written code as we cant expect citizens to know if a behavior is illegal if said behaviors arent defined.

I linked to her ruling in another post just now.

She described it as non violent sexual conduct.

Judge Sue Robinson releases shocking conclusions on Browns star Deshaun Watson suspension ruling (clutchpoints.com)

Corso

Reaction score
They either have a pay wall or something else preventing me from viewing anything.
Yeah. It's the New York Times.
Subscription based.
I subscribe to the Sundays for the crossword puzzles.
I have a sickness.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Let me explain:
The arbitrator, who is a retired judge explained that they were only investigating 5 incidents and then one got thrown out because she wasn't even interviewed by the NFL.
They never decided to look into every single case so it ended up being 4.
That's it. 4.

She explained her decision in detail, but it just comes down to her not seeing a reason to go beyond normal CBA precedent and levied a 6 gamer.
Thank you!!!!
But there were multiple accusers
Zeke had one accuser
Both players got the same suspension
This was a miscarriage of justice.

Corso

Reaction score
EzE did something alledgedly in college and he gets the same because of one accuser?

Weak.
If you go into the details of the CBA agreement and how they investigated this particular case (which I explained a few posts ago), this is what they have as status quo for punishment and the arbitrator saw no reason to go beyond said quo.

Flamma

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!
Zeke had one accuser

Two totally separate systems judging the cases. Under this new system I don't think Zeke gets a single game. But he didn't have this arbitrator looking at the evidence and making the decision.

ghst187

Reaction score
So let me get this straight…one girl accuses Zeke = six games….23 girls accuse Watson = 6 games…?

Corso

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!
Zeke had one accuser
I do not disagree, but the rules were different then and Zeke's case was why they changed the rules.
There is never going to be a perfect way to dispense "justice" in the NFL because there are too many powerful voices in too many different directions demanding too many different things.

Compromises are meant to piss both parties off, but... dangit, agreeable.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah. It's the New York Times.
Subscription based.
I subscribe to the Sundays for the crossword puzzles.
I have a sickness.

Back before smart phones I used to do them constantly at work. Now that my eyes have betrayed me, I'd actually have to turn the light on in the booth. Zero chance that happens.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Weak.
There was way more than that