News: ESPN: Source: Garrett to meet with Jones again Thursday

JBond

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh, come on down. You are the next contestant on the Price is Right.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Jerry trying to ease the negative impact of rehiring JG.....It is a tactic

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Well, according to Jerry College coaches need time to get used to how things get done in the NFL.

Perfect reason for Jerry to justify Garrett to keep him another year.
For Garrett, there's not enough years in a lifetime

You have to remember that because of his dad Garrett has been around football literally his entire life as well as having been around the best coaches the NFL has ever had on top of playing pop-warner, Jr High school, high school, college and the NFL, as well as attempting to coach at various levels. Then, after he was mistakenly hired for our HC position he spent 2 weeks with Jimmy and Troy at Jimmy's place in Key West.

And for the last 10 years has had play calling taken away and does nothing but spit and try to play the part on the sidelines

LoneStar84

Reaction score
I wouldguess, Jerry said something like, If you make the playoffs, we will work on an extension. That didn't fully playout until about half way through the 3rd quarter in the last game.
Yeah, but any competent organizational leader would have a plan B worked out ahead of time if they didn’t make the playoffs.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
For Garrett, there's not enough years in a lifetime

You have to remember that because of his dad Garrett has been around football literally his entire life as well as having been around the best coaches the NFL has ever had on top of playing pop-warner, Jr High school, high school, college and the NFL, as well as attempting to coach at various levels. Then, after he was mistakenly hired for our HC position he spent 2 weeks with Jimmy and Troy at Jimmy's place in Key West.

I am saying Jerry might keep Garrett another year to acclimate Riley to the NFL. And this is not me thinking that it needs to be done this way. I can only see that Jerry might think that way. Only speculation.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
I think they've told Garrett he is not getting another contract but want him to work in the FO in some capacity. He wants to coach again, but they're trying to talk him into staying.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not worrying too much about it myself, since I can't do anything about it. It'll happen when it happens, no need to stress.

But if it's true that Garrett's contract is up Jan 14th, then I believe Jerry will make an announcement that Jason's not coming back, or is being transitioned to another position. NO WAY Jerry will "fire" Garrett, which is fine, firing someone less than 2 weeks before their contract ends would be silly, after 10 years of having somebody as an employee, what's the point? He'd be gone anyway a few days after the firing date.

And firing Garrett would sour the players who support Garrett more than just not renewing his contract.

Remember Jimmy said, when he left, that he and Jerry "mutually agreed I would no longer be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys". He wasn't fired, at least technically. Jerry will do the same with Jason...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I feel like a battered wife. Just hoping Jerry Jones comes home not in a bad mood and decides to not hit the bottle.

I still fear an extension to come out of this even though everything else tells me otherwise.

glimmerman

Reaction score
OMG. If I had to guess then JJ is either trying to talk him into a FO job. Or he is staying another year and they are working out conditions.

If I am JG then I want 1 of 2 things.

Either 1.. Let me get my staff in here and live or die my way.

Or 2.. Tell me what cushy high paying job are you giving me after 2020 blows up in JJ’s face again after trying to do it his way once again..

If he is staying then they are hatching a plan to keep him and keep the locker room in JG favor. And trying to save face with the fan base. If JJ is that stubborn then he is getting senile. And his son can’t control him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they've told Garrett he is not getting another contract but want him to work in the FO in some capacity. He wants to coach again, but they're trying to talk him into staying.

The thing is, if that's true then Garrett would want this over with so he can see if he can get another coaching gig.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I feel like a battered wife. Just hoping Jerry Jones comes home not in a bad mood and decides to not hit the bottle.

I still fear an extension to come out of this even though everything else tells me otherwise.
Everything else is smoke.
HE's back.

willia451

Reaction score
I am tired. So tired.

You want this. Don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it.

I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you
make yourself more the servant of Jerry Jones. Your hate will make the media powerful.

It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

01a8B9x.gif