News: ESPN: Terrance Williams' play earns coaches faith, trust

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm using shorthand. It was, what, I missed MRI on his day off, being upset and unreachable for a time that next morning, and then some rescheduling they had to do during a week he wasn't playing, anyway, because his leg had swollen enough that it was difficult to walk on it.

I disagree that it was even concerning. It's one of those things where you are irritated, realize it's part-and-parcel with Dez' personality and, since Dez is a very hard worker and a great teammate, you simply take it in stride like you do the idiosyncrasies of any co-worker who happens to be really, really good at his job. Only among the fans--I should say 'some of the fans'--was it ever a big issue. And I'd say Williams' comments here make that pretty clear.

The missed MRI and treatment is one thing..if he wants to miss his own injury treatment I guess that's up to him..although delaying treatment on an injury and possibly taking longer to get back onto the field still isn't fair to your team and coaches imo.

But missing several team meetings the same week is also..disrespectful to your teammates and coaches. That's all im saying.

Gameover

Reaction score
Harper was your classic number 2 receiver, just like T-will.
The fact that we haven't missed Dez says Williams is a bit more than Harper part 2.

If anything, Williams is a poor man's Irvin. If he were tougher in traffic, he would really be a poor man's Irvin.

Williams is a complete receiver.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have been happy with the play of Williams since Dez has been injured in fact I have been pretty pleased with Butler as well other than the unsportsman like penalty vs the 9ers. Williams made some big catches for the Cowboys this past game he just needs to keep it up. WR group in my view deserves some love on how they have responded without having the #1 WR in the lineup.

CWR

Reaction score
Good on Twilly. Lord knows Ive punked on him about a hundred times since week one. I have to be fair though and give him credit for what he has done the last few weeks.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The fact that we haven't missed Dez says Williams is a bit more than Harper part 2.

If anything, Williams is a poor man's Irvin. If he were tougher in traffic, he would really be a poor man's Irvin.

Williams is a complete receiver.
Strange ole world three weeks ago everybody was saying he should be shot and then cut!! He has always been a good receiver and plays better when more included in games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Strange ole world three weeks ago everybody was saying he should be shot and then cut!! He has always been a good receiver and plays better when more included in games.

I agree. I have no problem calling a player out when they screw up. Williams not going out of bounds vs NY hurt since in removed any chance of a long FG. Not going to sit here and say Bailey would have made it but would like to have at least had a chance and Williams mistake prevented that. However I never felt he should be cut or shot lol. He made a mistake that only makes him human, hell Dez has made mistake as has every player who ever walked on a field of play. Williams is a good #2 WR who has made some big plays in his career in Dallas. Stat wise he has very few drops.

Toro9

Reaction score
Williams isn't the smartest player and his body catches are frustrating but he runs good routes and makes plays. He's better than a lot of WRs we've had in the past who pretended to be starters in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Still catches with his body, never will be elite.

and yet has very few drops, I don't care if he catches it with his feet. He makes the catches when they come his way. As for elite? true he is a #2 WR and plays that role. Dez as a #1 needs to get things going. People will excuse him when he drops the ball or fails to get open yet it would seem to me the guy being paid as elite should be expected fewer mistakes and have greater expectation placed on him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Demarco Murray Part 2.

He will demand a big deal.

Cowboys will won't come close with their offer.

Who budges?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Demarco Murray Part 2.

He will demand a big deal.

Cowboys will won't come close with their offer.

Who budges?

I would not be surprised to see the Cowboys reach a mid range deal with Williams. Unless someone is willing to over pay. Murray situation was different after all he won the rushing title that year as well. I don't think Williams number will put him with the top WR

brymatt94

Reaction score
TWill and Alvin had a near identical first three seasons starting. Even number of targets.

Williams:
wHhiumg.jpg

Harper:
p29btpO.jpg

Full disclosure: I threw Alvin a bone and didn't include his rookie year, because even though he started, he didn't do much. (TWill blows him away rookie year to rookie year.) I also did not include this season for TWill, obviously, because it's not finished yet.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Terrance Williams' play earns coaches faith, trust
After only 1 good game ?? and this time he went out of bounds , when the smart thing was to stay in bounds ! lol
I still remember the celebration penalty he got last year in the miami game I think, which also hurt the team.

He will screw up again, and have occasional good games.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
T-Will has responded well to extricate himself from our wrath lately and give cause for us to afford him some slack for his gaffs of the past. Who knows, he might even work his way into our hearts with more good results and heady play vs. GB. He's not the only one making progress, though, as Butler has been showing signs lately of being a noteworthy contributor as well. Hopefully, they'll both put their best foot forward come Sunday.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
TWill and Alvin had a near identical first three seasons starting. Even number of targets.

Williams:
wHhiumg.jpg

Harper:
p29btpO.jpg

Full disclosure: I threw Alvin a bone and didn't include his rookie year, because even though he started, he didn't do much. (TWill blows him away rookie year to rookie year.) I also did not include this season for TWill, obviously, because it's not finished yet.

Granted you have a good point there but his yards per catch difference is huge. I may have selective memory but I don't remember Harper doing boneheaded stuff like Williams either. Not only did he not go out of bounds vs NYG but he made the same mistake vs San Fran.

CWR

Reaction score

One monumental difference in the careers of these 2 guys is that we were wining with Harper. Not really Twills fault, but its the truth. Its alot easier to become frustrated now days and criticize anyone and everyone. Our tolerance as a fan base is frail right now, like highschool girls sipping on whine coolers we become drunk with frustration and lash out lol.

Full disclosure: I am as bad as the next guy when Twill makes a bone head play.

CWR

Reaction score
Granted you have a good point there but his yards per catch difference is huge. I may have selective memory but I don't remember Harper doing boneheaded stuff like Williams either. Not only did he not go out of bounds vs NYG but he made the same mistake vs San Fran.

Lol true. Twill and Mo sit down to play checkers who wins? Im taking Mo these days.