News: ESPN: What Cowboys saw in Trey Lance and what's next for the former 49ers QB

mardwin

Reaction score
Everyone knows why they traded for him. The starting QB has reached his ceiling and there are doubts about him. Dallas would consider moving on from Dak next offseason if there is no playoff success this year. 2024 Cooper Rush would be the starter with Lance as backup. Rush is 5-1 as a starter with the same roster as Dak. (2-0 at home) (3-1 on the road).

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Everyone knows why they traded for him. The starting QB has reached his ceiling and there are doubts about him. Dallas would consider moving on from Dak next offseason if there is no playoff success this year. 2024 Cooper Rush would be the starter with Lance as backup. Rush is 5-1 as a starter with the same roster as Dak. (2-0 at home) (3-1 on the road).
This new offense makes the QB nothing more than a bus driver, and Rush can do this as good or better than Dak for a lot less money. This might very well be the reason why Trey was signed. Dak can't be trusted and I think we're seeing signs of this with the play call selection.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lol...The desperate attempts of justification believing Dak will be gone are sad. Wait until Dak gets resigned. I can only imagine the responses and how worse they will get.

mardwin

Reaction score
lol...The desperate attempts of justification believing Dak will be gone are sad. Wait until Dak gets resigned. I can only imagine the responses and how worse they will get.
He could get resigned if he has playoff success. If Dallas goes out like they did in 2022, Dak is not returning.

Mcsports

Reaction score
The most illuminating quote of the article. Delivered by Jerry.
We all know it.
At least he's not pretending like it's not true.

“I didn’t have to go through any committee meetings. That’s the nature of our system around here is that I don’t have to talk to the owner, I don’t have to coax the general manager. I just do it.”

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We all know it.

“I didn’t have to go through any committee meetings. That’s the nature of our system around here is that I don’t have to talk to the owner, I don’t have to coax the general manager. I just do it.”
I think he's just talking. While I do believe he did what he want....I'm sure he had McClay and co. right next to him. McCarthy doesn't care. He's just gonna coach the guys that's presented to him and get the most out of them.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
This quote from the article brought back some bad..bad memories: :facepalm:

"After quarterback Troy Aikman’s retirement following the 2001 season and the ascension of Tony Romo from undrafted free agent to Pro Bowler in 2006, the Cowboys went through Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf, Clint Stoerner, Anthony Wright, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe as their starting quarterbacks."

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
You know, I was thinking the other day that Rush could easily run this offense. Short passes, don’t have to do difficult completions or qb runs, so this makes sense.

Motorola

Reaction score
We all know it.

"I want to know everything there is to know, from player contracts to socks and jocks and television contracts."
- February 25, 1989

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
BS