News: ESPN: What Cowboys saw in Trey Lance and what's next for the former 49ers QB

ghst187

Reaction score
Talent added, and you have no firm indicator...now he' a Cowboy.

San Francisco has failed before, or do you think that only Jerry can do that?
SF missed the playoffs had Lance not gotten hurt.
Then he couldn’t beat out a third stringer. Watched him preseason, he looked just as terrible as he did starting in SF. I think it was a waste of both a draft pick and a roster spot. We will see who’s right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Maybe hoping Lance can take over for Rush. I think it’s his last year on his contract. These blowout games I am surprised they haven’t let him go out there and throw it around some. Is there a penalty or something if they use the emergency QB.
Both Lance and Rush are under contract next year. And yes, you can't use the emergency QB unless both of the other two QBs aren't able to play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Everyone knows why they traded for him. The starting QB has reached his ceiling and there are doubts about him. Dallas would consider moving on from Dak next offseason if there is no playoff success this year. 2024 Cooper Rush would be the starter with Lance as backup. Rush is 5-1 as a starter with the same roster as Dak. (2-0 at home) (3-1 on the road).
So I find it funny.

We are 3-1 and people say it's the defense. It's not Dak

Rush was 5-1 and the defense held opponents to 13 points. And Rush is 5-1

Rush led the 22nd ranked offense. For the record no team ranked 20th or worse made the playoffs over past few years.

But if you are suggesting Rush plays and we get a top 5 pick for a chance at a top QB then I am game

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Everyone knows why they traded for him. The starting QB has reached his ceiling and there are doubts about him. Dallas would consider moving on from Dak next offseason if there is no playoff success this year. 2024 Cooper Rush would be the starter with Lance as backup. Rush is 5-1 as a starter with the same roster as Dak. (2-0 at home) (3-1 on the road).
Ridiculous. You honestly don’t believe half this mess you wrote. Surely it’s to stir the pot.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This new offense makes the QB nothing more than a bus driver, and Rush can do this as good or better than Dak for a lot less money. This might very well be the reason why Trey was signed. Dak can't be trusted and I think we're seeing signs of this with the play call selection.
So we change offensive scheme and it's because of Dak and the play selection.

Yet Dak had top 10 offense last year.

So...which is it?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The most illuminating quote of the article. Delivered by Jerry.
We all know it.
At least he's not pretending like it's not true.

“I didn’t have to go through any committee meetings. That’s the nature of our system around here is that I don’t have to talk to the owner, I don’t have to coax the general manager. I just do it.”
And he has been doing it for 28 years

LovinItAll

Reaction score
lol...The desperate attempts of justification believing Dak will be gone are sad. Wait until Dak gets resigned. I can only imagine the responses and how worse they will get.
No kidding. Unless he’s injured, Dak will be leading this franchise for many years. I’ve been a Dak supporter since day 1, but he’s got to get a handle on this offense. I just haven’t seen that decisive style of play consistently this year yet. This Red Zone nonsense must get fixed, and I don’t think any of it is on Dak. We’ll see Sunday night. I hope he’s able to exploit the SF defense outside the numbers, which is where they’re the weakest. Should have seen MUCH more of that in the playoffs against the 49’ers last year.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
He could get resigned if he has playoff success. If Dallas goes out like they did in 2022, Dak is not returning.
You’re dreaming, plus you act like our exit was all on Dak. I’ve watched our offensive plays from that game twice this week. Dak didn’t lose that game, the team did. Dropped balls, quitting on routes, brown blocks….whatever. People like you don’t see it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
SF missed the playoffs had Lance not gotten hurt.
Then he couldn’t beat out a third stringer. Watched him preseason, he looked just as terrible as he did starting in SF. I think it was a waste of both a draft pick and a roster spot. We will see who’s right.
The all time record between the two right now is 19-19-1