Video: ESPN: What kind of contract could Dak Prescott get from the Cowboys?

Qcard

Reaction score
i think the deal gets done.
The dye is cast. Only way this deal doesn’t get done is IF Dak doesn’t agree AGAIN with the way the guaranteed money is structured. The total guarantees aren’t an issue.

In my opinion, I think Dak’s team wants at least $90M in guarantees in 2021 and 2022 seasons equivalent to both Franchise Tags.

The Cowboys Front Office have zero leverage till they get a deal done. They are lucky Dak’s character and leadership style isn’t confrontational and bombastic....

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I'll add the obligatory, "I hate Mike Greenberg. Why does anyone care about what he says" to this conversation so it can go full circle sooner rather than later.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmm, a thread about Dak's contract, this could be an interesting departure from the usual.
Going to guess it's going to involve currency in USD.
Maybe even some guaranteed.
I'll go out on a further ledge and say it could very well be a multi-year deal.
Sources tell me either 4 or 5 years.
I would say more but ESPN is calling for my services now.
I'll add the obligatory, "I hate Mike Greenberg. Why does anyone care about what he says" to this conversation so it can go full circle sooner rather than later.
:laugh:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Here's something I've been waiting to hear. Prescott was represented by Todd France and after the way he didn't negotiate Prescott's contract CAA fired him. Prescott signed with CAA and France was the agent on record. After France's firing there was one article that said Prescott was talking with a couple of other agents, so did he stick with France or is he still trying to decide on him or other agents? When I originally brought up that France got fired there were some that said Prescott's agent contract was with France but it wasn't. It was with CAA and as part of that contract it specified that France would be the agent on record and by Prescott signing that contract he agreed to France as his agent.

Qcard

Reaction score
Here's something I've been waiting to hear. Prescott was represented by Todd France and after the way he didn't negotiate Prescott's contract CAA fired him. Prescott signed with CAA and France was the agent on record. After France's firing there was one article that said Prescott was talking with a couple of other agents, so did he stick with France or is he still trying to decide on him or other agents? When I originally brought up that France got fired there were some that said Prescott's agent contract was with France but it wasn't. It was with CAA and as part of that contract it specified that France would be the agent on record and by Prescott signing that contract he agreed to France as his agent.
Sullying Todd France and agents is common by Front offices and their media minions during Contract negotiations. Just business never personal.

The agent stuff is just a red herring. The young innovative agents are always a threat to the established Front Office personnel.

Dak’s team just got an ANH deal...Bud.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sullying Todd France and agents is common by Front offices and their media minions during Contract negotiations. Just business never personal.

The agent stuff is just a red herring. The young innovative agents are always a threat to the established Front Office personnel.
Dak can be signed now!!!!
Where's the contract bud??????:huh:
You have been waiting 2 years :oops:now......tick tock tick tock....6 weeks to go till we all find out the final outcome for your Dakky pooooo...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

What is ANH deal?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

France isn't that young having been an agent for 13 years now. With Prescott he proved that he really doesn't negotiate. All he did with Prescott was just repeat the same demands over and over. No player has gotten signed on the first demand made by his agent but France thought he could do it and because of taking that stance he got fired by CAA.