Video: ESPN: What kind of contract could Dak Prescott get from the Cowboys?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Listening to sports talk here in Denver and they were saying Dallas is about to offer Dak a deal worth $175 million.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh look, you are still moaning about the other posters from the peanut gallery. Do you have a life?

So you bemoan me for bemoaning others and you question if I have a life? You do realize what hypocrite means, right?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you bemoan me for bemoaning others and you question if I have a life? You do realize what hypocrite means, right?
LOL, I'm not a full time "bemoaner" like you... so I have plenty of time for other things in my life.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
a few key points here that aren't in every thread about this:

Kirk Cousins went double free agency and has made the most money of ANYONE in football the last 5 years. From an agent standpoint this does maximize dollars. Agents are by and large sleezeballs but the dude is doing his job here.

Dak and Dallas have been very careful to use language that suggests a long term deal is coming and they are soulmates. Dallas doesn't always do that. They have leaked dirt in the past to lower asking prices.

Dak's production has made it now insulting to lump him with Goff/Wentz.

Jerry saw the offense fall off a cliff minus Dak last year. Injury likely both increased Dak's leverage and his desire to get long term GTD money as he could be 1 injury away from losing NFL salaries.

The way forward for Dallas has always been to guarantee a lot of money in exchange for less total. The delay in doing so is frankly hard to understand unless you really had penciled in some 10M a year cap hit at QB. --which would be insane.

I believe there is an easy compromise on years: Schedule a 5th year that is incentive based(NLTBE calculation that is actually likely to be earned) control reduction. For example: Dak must make the Pro Bowl in 2 seasons to remove the 5th year.
Or passes for 5000 yards in any one season. whatever... be creative.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The dye is cast. Only way this deal doesn’t get done is IF Dak doesn’t agree AGAIN with the way the guaranteed money is structured. The total guarantees aren’t an issue.

In my opinion, I think Dak’s team wants at least $90M in guarantees in 2021 and 2022 seasons equivalent to both Franchise Tags.

The Cowboys Front Office have zero leverage till they get a deal done. They are lucky Dak’s character and leadership style isn’t confrontational and bombastic....
agreed.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
a few key points here that aren't in every thread about this:

Kirk Cousins went double free agency and has made the most money of ANYONE in football the last 5 years. From an agent standpoint this does maximize dollars. Agents are by and large sleezeballs but the dude is doing his job here.

Dak and Dallas have been very careful to use language that suggests a long term deal is coming and they are soulmates. Dallas doesn't always do that. They have leaked dirt in the past to lower asking prices.

Dak's production has made it now insulting to lump him with Goff/Wentz.

Jerry saw the offense fall off a cliff minus Dak last year. Injury likely both increased Dak's leverage and his desire to get long term GTD money as he could be 1 injury away from losing NFL salaries.

The way forward for Dallas has always been to guarantee a lot of money in exchange for less total. The delay in doing so is frankly hard to understand unless you really had penciled in some 10M a year cap hit at QB. --which would be insane.

I believe there is an easy compromise on years: Schedule a 5th year that is incentive based(NLTBE calculation that is actually likely to be earned) control reduction. For example: Dak must make the Pro Bowl in 2 seasons to remove the 5th year.
Or passes for 5000 yards in any one season. whatever... be creative.

Agreed....Goff went to a Super Bowl as did Wentz.....and Dak has done nothing.....certainly an insult to elevate him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So when someone questions re-signing Dak and provides statistics they hurt your frail senses? Got it.
Frail senses? LOL, you think I take this stuff personally? Think again. If someone provides any actual stats that justify not re-signing Dak, it won't be you. You're just a peanut gallery guy that complains about the other posters. Actual debate is far above your ability.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
"It's not the money"

LOL, it totally is the money. He wants his contract to end a year early so he can get a second contract for more......you guessed it........MONEY!!!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am to the point where Dak can suck it. He was good his rookie year as a one read rushing QB. He has been slightly above average ever since. He got broke like a twig last year so his running days are officially over. That was the best thing he did.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Frail senses? LOL, you think I take this stuff personally? Think again. If someone provides any actual stats that justify not re-signing Dak, it won't be you. You're just a peanut gallery guy that complains about the other posters. Actual debate is far above your ability.

Then clearly reading comprehension is an obstacle for you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's something I've been waiting to hear. Prescott was represented by Todd France and after the way he didn't negotiate Prescott's contract CAA fired him. Prescott signed with CAA and France was the agent on record. After France's firing there was one article that said Prescott was talking with a couple of other agents, so did he stick with France or is he still trying to decide on him or other agents? When I originally brought up that France got fired there were some that said Prescott's agent contract was with France but it wasn't. It was with CAA and as part of that contract it specified that France would be the agent on record and by Prescott signing that contract he agreed to France as his agent.
CAA didn't fire him, they had a mutual agreement to split as he was already in the process of setting up his own company. He was allowed to take any of the AOR, Agent Of Record, clients with him and agree not to poach the others. That is customary with a lot of companies when people split off to form their own company.

He had quite a few clients on tags but I am not aware of who left and who stayed. As of now, he's the AOR for Prescott.