Video: ESPN: What kind of contract could Dak Prescott get from the Cowboys?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The posts that France wasn't negotiating because he wasn't responding are incorrect. That is a very effective negotiating tactic because time is a weapon in negotiations. If you are negotiating with the most round heeled and quickest to blink team in the NFL, how do you handle it?

Those saying he should have fired France, why? Because he didn't do the deal you wanted him to do in your "I decide what is fair compensation for others" mind?

Take a look at that list of endorsements, ever seen one equal to it? Me neither. That's his agent at work.

Prescott made 31.4M in 2020 and will make at least 37.5M in 2021 because his agent is not going to sell him out when it would actually benefit him more to get his take of the signing bonus. He is also going to get more clients interested in an agent that has their best interests in mind.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The Cowboys continue to insist that they’ll keep Dak on the team. He holds even more cards than he did a year ago, given that it will cost the Cowboys $37.4 million to use the franchise tag on Dak again, in cash & cap space. For 2022, the franchise-tag number for Dak would spike to $53.856 million. Keep dragging it out Jerry lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Then clearly reading comprehension is an obstacle for you.
LOL, all you have is lame personal attacks and no factual debate in your game. The more time you spend doing that the sillier you look. Keep it coming, amateur.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
LOL, all you have is lame personal attacks and no factual debate in your game. The more time you spend doing that the sillier you look. Keep it coming, amateur.

Perhaps you should read the above post by an Admin.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Same as last year then
5 years , 175 was the assumed offer
just means they were discussing the bogus report.
dallas hasn't made any offer yet.
as patrik no c walker noted, they are awaiting cap numbers.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CAA didn't fire him, they had a mutual agreement to split as he was already in the process of setting up his own company. He was allowed to take any of the AOR, Agent Of Record, clients with him and agree not to poach the others. That is customary with a lot of companies when people split off to form their own company.

He had quite a few clients on tags but I am not aware of who left and who stayed. As of now, he's the AOR for Prescott.
And his new company became the biggest in the world when he joined with his players in tow.
The one he left is now second.

Any attacks on the agent are going no where. He's a powerbroker with clients getting paid very top of scale money.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The posts that France wasn't negotiating because he wasn't responding are incorrect. That is a very effective negotiating tactic because time is a weapon in negotiations. If you are negotiating with the most round heeled and quickest to blink team in the NFL, how do you handle it?

Those saying he should have fired France, why? Because he didn't do the deal you wanted him to do in your "I decide what is fair compensation for others" mind?

Take a look at that list of endorsements, ever seen one equal to it? Me neither. That's his agent at work.

Prescott made 31.4M in 2020 and will make at least 37.5M in 2021 because his agent is not going to sell him out when it would actually benefit him more to get his take of the signing bonus. He is also going to get more clients interested in an agent that has their best interests in mind.

If what has been reported is true, that Dak wanted to get a deal done on the offer that was on the table last year and time just ran out, then I think that is sufficient grounds for termination of your agent rep and the means and avenue were certainly there for Dak to do so. It's reasonable to assume that the delay was not on the Cowboys side because it was reported that Dak was willing to do the deal that was on the table so it would have had to be on the agent side. Again, assuming what was reported is accurate. To me, that is more then enough reason for termination but others may have a different opinion.

I just know that if the reason I couldn't land a multimillion dollar deal was because my teaming partner could not have the paperwork done on a deal that was in front of them for half a year, I would fire them immediately. I would also expect the same, were it I who failed to execute under said conditions.

JMO

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
CAA didn't fire him, they had a mutual agreement to split as he was already in the process of setting up his own company. He was allowed to take any of the AOR, Agent Of Record, clients with him and agree not to poach the others. That is customary with a lot of companies when people split off to form their own company.

He had quite a few clients on tags but I am not aware of who left and who stayed. As of now, he's the AOR for Prescott.

You have this all wrong. France started his own company and was an agent on his own BEFORE he ever went to CAA. Next when France was not negotiating with the Cowboys and just repeating his opening demand, President of CAA Lovett talked to him and let him know he was not happy with that tactic. Then France started talking with already formed sports agency Athletes First in Atlanta. When July 15th rolled by and no contract for Prescott and Lovett hearing that France had been talking to Athletes First he said go get out of here and go to them. He initially said publicly it was a mutual split but later said he really didn't want France there anymore and he made that clear to France.

Qcard

Reaction score

Thank you for clarification!!
stance

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If what has been reported is true, that Dak wanted to get a deal done on the offer that was on the table last year and time just ran out, then I think that is sufficient grounds for termination of your agent rep and the means and avenue were certainly there for Dak to do so. It's reasonable to assume that the delay was not on the Cowboys side because it was reported that Dak was willing to do the deal that was on the table so it would have had to be on the agent side. Again, assuming what was reported is accurate. To me, that is more then enough reason for termination but others may have a different opinion.

I just know that if the reason I couldn't land a multimillion dollar deal was because my teaming partner could not have the paperwork done on a deal that was in front of them for half a year, I would fire them immediately. I would also expect the same, were it I who failed to execute under said conditions.

JMO
I find the "time ran out" excuse implausible. I have never heard of that happening in the history of sports negotiations and all parties know the deadlines.

I think that was part of the plan to keep Prescott from being the "bad guy". Do you recall the reaction here when that happened? Posters were mad at France and taking up for Prescott that he was willing to do the deal. I think as long as the deal was 5 years, they had no intention of taking it.

I do agree with you, if that actually happened then France should have been fired immediately but he wasn't and still hasn't been. Prescott keeps the good guy, albeit greedy, image intact and the fans don't rain down on him.

Then, there is the possibility that I could be completely wrong. And I have witnesses to that in the past.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have this all wrong. France started his own company and was an agent on his own BEFORE he ever went to CAA. Next when France was not negotiating with the Cowboys and just repeating his opening demand, President of CAA Lovett talked to him and let him know he was not happy with that tactic. Then France started talking with already formed sports agency Athletes First in Atlanta. When July 15th rolled by and no contract for Prescott and Lovett hearing that France had been talking to Athletes First he said go get out of here and go to them. He initially said publicly it was a mutual split but later said he really didn't want France there anymore and he made that clear to France.
So he initially says it's a mutual split and then says it wasn't, which time was he lying? It's a trick question, they're lawyers, they were all lying all of the time!

It really isn't important though because Prescott didn't fire France and I think that tells the story.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Passed on a good deal last year, if he balks at a new one, give me 2 #1s and bye

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So he initially says it's a mutual split and then says it wasn't, which time was he lying? It's a trick question, they're lawyers, they were all lying all of the time!

It really isn't important though because Prescott didn't fire France and I think that tells the story.

We don't know that because since the article that said Prescott was talking with other agents we don't know if he's still with France or has moved on. Because we haven't heard anything about negotiations since the season ended it could be because Prescott hasn't chosen his agent yet.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Let's compare Dak Prescott's Career Stats to another Quarterback:

Dak Prescott Career Stats (69 Games)

42 Wins 27 Losses (1-2 Playoffs) 1514 Completions 2293 Attempts 66% Comp % 17,634 Yards 106 TD's 40 INT's QB Rate 97.3 4th QTR Comebacks 9 Game Winning Drives 15 259 Rushes 1,314 Yards 24 Rushing TD's

QB #2 Career Stats (68 Games)

35 Wins 32 Losses 1 Tie (0-1 Playoffs) 1562 Completions 2492 Attempts 62.7% Comp % 16,811 Yards 113 TD's 50 INT's QB Rate 89.2 4th QTR Comebacks 9 Game Winning Drives 10 258 Rushes 1,061 Yards 8 Rushing TD's

DIFFERENCES

Winning Percentage: Dak +.087 roughly 4 more games won

Comp %: Dak +3.3%

Yards: Dak +823

TD's: QB #2 +7

INT's: Dak +10 (as in less thrown)

QB Rate: Dak +8.1

4th QTR Comebacks: SAME

Game Winning Drives: Dak +5

Rushing Yards: Dak +253

So when looking at Dak compared to QB #2, there are some obvious yet ever so slight differences in terms of passing statistics and team record. So, my question is based on statistics you would think that Dak and QB #2 should be paid similar based on performances at the position as typically that is what players are judged on when seeking a new contract: how they perform at their position compared to others (with of course other variables as well).

For the record, QB #2 is...........Carson Wentz

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboy fans...the culprit in all of this is our dysfunctional organization.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys should have extended Prescott a couple years ago but our Football Idiots played along with public perception that Dak needed more validation with team success cause they aren’t football savvy enough to make these evaluations themselves .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s the same reason we extended Zeke and Cooper because they followed public perception that Prescott couldn’t have success without them.

It’s really a sad state of affairs without real football people making decisions.