U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ep 26
9:00
AM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Getting into the head of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is apparently the key to the San Diego Chargers' game plan this week.

“We know that once he’s rattled and whatnot, it’s easy to take him out of the game,” Chargers defensive end Corey Liuget said, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. That’s a pretty bold statement from a member of a defense that ranks dead last in the NFL against the pass and has forced a grand total of one turnover in three games.

To hear Liuget tell it, Romo has benefitted from a dumbed-down Dallas offense this season.

“It’s a simple offense,” Liuget said, according to the Union-Tribune. “They don’t do too many plays. The key is to definitely hit Romo early and try to take Romo out of the game and put the ball in [DeMarco Murray's] hands.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4715844/chargers-de-key-is-rattling-tony-romo

Deep_South

Reaction score
As if Tony didn't already have enough incentive to torch the Chargers' D, now he has even more. Thanks, Mr. Liuget.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More from SD Tribune article:

The Chargers have noticed a dumbed-down Dallas Cowboys offense and a spruced up Tony Romo.

You just got to get after him,” linebacker Jarret Johnson said. “Somebody has to defeat a block.” He said that with a tinge of frustration in his voice, understandable in that the Chargers’ defensive front has had trouble doing that.

And even if they were able to get where they can challenge Romo, there is another facet to shutting him down. He is better than most at extending plays and improvisation.

“You have to just try to wrap Tony Romo up,” Butler said. “You see a lot of times where people have him wrapped up, and he swivels out somehow. You have to get as many hats to him as possible.”

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2013/sep/25/chargers-dallas-cowboys-tony-romo-acee/

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Stupid article. The game plan of every defense is to rattle the opposing QB.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
No respect for romo at all.

They are repeating the national perception not reality.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
The key to EVERY game defensively is to rattle the QB. How is this news?

benson

Reaction score
I would hope that these sentiments are taken by the team as what they actually are, an insult to the gameplan and to the offensive line. Keeping Romo upright and in a grove is the OL's and OC's responsibility. Romo just makes the throws.

Frozen700

Reaction score
If the offense is so simple. They should be able to shut us down, 0 points.

We will see if they can

Doomsay

Reaction score
ep 26
9:00
AM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

“We know that once he’s rattled and whatnot, it’s easy to take him out of the game,” Chargers defensive end Corey Liuget said ......" It’s a simple offense, They don’t do too many plays."

Boy, this guy sounds like a real student of the game, we have a big concept thinker here, and whatnot.
https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7F3uJh9A7SlDFJaIqE7FpuOH30g5C2dm9O8_80ES3wwhdY_QrE0a2nnyU
7b7ad0cab861e78f507d4a97f18c64ad.jpeg

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Once he starts trying to stop the Dallas offense, he might not be quite so confident in his unit being able to shut Romo & Co. down.

His first game against Dallas. He's about to find out that Romo is Legit.

And his secondary can be introduced to one Mr. Bryant.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether you believe this or not, it's a dumb thing to say publicly. I'm not big for words motivating players to play better on game day, but they can definitely make you work harder during the week, and they definitely can make you look stupid on Monday morning if you can't walk the walk. This Chargers defense is going to have a hard time walking the walk on Sunday.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Whether you believe this or not, it's a dumb thing to say publicly. I'm not big for words motivating players to play better on game day, but they can definitely make you work harder during the week, and they definitely can make you look stupid on Monday morning if you can't walk the walk. This Chargers defense is going to have a hard time walking the walk on Sunday.

I don't think it's a matter of disagreeing. It's a matter of the key to every defense it to rattle the opposing QB because it takes them out of the game. That's not a Romo thing. That's a QB thing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's a matter of disagreeing. It's a matter of the key to every defense it to rattle the opposing QB because it takes them out of the game. That's not a Romo thing. That's a QB thing.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I was referring to the idea that Romo gets more rattled than another QB might, and to the implied slight to Demarco Murray, from a defense that gives up the 5th most rushing yards in the league so far this year. Just the tone of general disrespect in these comments, overall. Obviously, 'rattling the QB' is up there with 'scoring points' and 'winning the battle in the trenches' when it comes to watery NFL platitudes.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Once he starts trying to stop the Dallas offense, he might not be quite so confident in his unit being able to shut Romo & Co. down.

His first game against Dallas. He's about to find out that Romo is Legit.

And his secondary can be introduced to one Mr. Bryant.

Not to mention when teo gets on the field he will be required to chase witten around.

Last week ogletree the rookie lb was lost covering tight ends.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't being clear. I was referring to the idea that Romo gets more rattled than another QB might, and to the implied slight to Demarco Murray, from a defense that gives up the 5th most rushing yards in the league so far this year. Just the tone of general disrespect in these comments, overall. Obviously, 'rattling the QB' is up there with 'scoring points' and 'winning the battle in the trenches' when it comes to watery NFL platitudes.

Fair enough.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Plus Murray has 400 all purpose yards so its an ignorant commented to top it all off.