News: ESPND: Chargers DE: Key is rattling Tony Romo

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Surely this article will get posted front and center in the cowboys lockeroom

why, because its so threatening to our QB who sees that every week? Omg breathing is good for you. The guy is talking because some idiot put a mic or gave him room to talk, whats he supposed to say "boy i cant wait to see Romo light us up"

Come on, guys have to say that, whether he means it and im sure he does, or he doesnt. Its no need to go posting it anywhere, the mere fact its on the internet tells you eventually evertying ends up on the internet, omg a DE wants to go after our QB, stop the NFL this is a new trend.

yeah Romo never understood why some guys were trying to take his head off. hell some have body slammed him.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Ok, so the Chargers defense shouldn't have any excuses when we hang 20-30 points on them, right? If it's such a "simple offense", then they should have no problem shutting us down to 17 points or fewer. Seems like this defense backs up their talk with some SOLID play, they're ranked dead last against passing, frightening. :eek:

I'm far more worried about their offense, their defense is garbage. :cool:

im more worried if our team tries to shoot themselves in the foot compared to an organization thats trying real hard to NOT achieve any kind of success. Yea, Chargers, because when i think world beaters and SBs wins, i go straight to san diego.

bark

Reaction score
why, because its so threatening to our QB who sees that every week? Omg breathing is good for you. The guy is talking because some idiot put a mic or gave him room to talk, whats he supposed to say "boy i cant wait to see Romo light us up"

Come on, guys have to say that, whether he means it and im sure he does, or he doesnt. Its no need to go posting it anywhere, the mere fact its on the internet tells you eventually evertying ends up on the internet, omg a DE wants to go after our QB, stop the NFL this is a new trend.

yeah Romo never understood why some guys were trying to take his head off. hell some have body slammed him.

If you don't understand why, I'm probably not gonna be able to help you understand

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Here is where the guy from San Diego is right....it is a simple offense. Much like the 90s. It relies on the physical superiority of the players...not the scheme. Which is why a guy like Danny Amendola could not play for Dallas...but catch 90 passes for the Rams. It actually is the WRONG offense for Romo...it ideally requires the 6'4" strong armed accurate QB that will stand strong in the pocket. And big physical WRs that can use their bodies to shield the defender and make a contested catch/catch in traffic. Rarely are the Cowboys pass catchers WIDE open. It also needs a strong running game for it to work. But it's what we got...so lets hope simple is better!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well, I'm a tad concerned. Not with what he said but with a DC sending and showing blitz which Romo et al did poorly with in KC. I think they will have to send 5-6 to get enough consistent pressure. We'll see how the OL and Romo/Callahan beats that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well, I'm a tad concerned. Not with what he said but with a DC sending and showing blitz which Romo et al did poorly with in KC. I think they will have to send 5-6 to get enough consistent pressure. We'll see how the OL and Romo/Callahan beats that.

add RB to that, if SD is sending bliters often it is the RB picking up the free rusher.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm surprised we haven't seen a steady diet of it, after the 4th quarter of the KC game. I do suspect Tony was having a hard time that day after hurting his ribs on that scramble, though. He was really off-target those last two drives.

Mind_Liberator

Andrei Kostitsyn
Reaction score
I'm surprised we haven't seen a steady diet of it, after the 4th quarter of the KC game. I do suspect Tony was having a hard time that day after hurting his ribs on that scramble, though. He was really off-target those last two drives.

Let`s not forget how good the guys playing on that KC defense are. They have the ability to bring pressure and still blanket, as well as playing coverage yet still bringing pressure with four. Much easier to disguise and confuse if you can do both.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

There is no question.

The throw to dez was perfect.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score

ShiningStar rattles easy

reddyuta

Reaction score

agree with this.SD dont have the players KC have up front and they have no choice if they have to get pressure,Romo just has to burn them when they blitz.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'm tired of hearing opposing locker rooms completely disrespect the offense by calling it "simple".

it is simple, its the terminlogy that gets confusing, (you always here players, i have to learn the termiology, they arent saying, i have to learn the ball goes foward) the ball has to go forward, whether by throw or by run, sooner or later even Barry Sanders had to go forward. the premise is simple, defenses know the ball goes foward. doesnt matter how it gets their, their job is to stop it. Its not brain surgery, or dr suess here, (hey, you trying rhyming that much and not be drunk) .

ShiningStar

Reaction score
If you don't understand why, I'm probably not gonna be able to help you understand

i thought it was pretty evident a reply wasnt needed. to be fair my structure was off, i didnt mean to post here on the internet, the team doesnt need to post it in the locker, far be it from thinking Romo is a complete moron *some do here* umm he kinda KNOWS people are looking to sack him. Truely, hes a genius like that. He knows. believe me, posting it in the locker room, NOT going to speed up his knowledge base.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I hope it does stimulate something to prove in Romo AND Murray. Chargers are challenging both of them. If Vick can put up 400 yards against this Chargers D, there should be no reason why Romo could not. Run early with Murray then open it up and tear them a new food hole.

A return of the back shoulder throw to Dez, especially in the end zone, would be nice too.

newlander

Reaction score
ep 26
9:00
AM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Getting into the head of Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is apparently the key to the San Diego Chargers' game plan this week.

“We know that once he’s rattled and whatnot, it’s easy to take him out of the game,” Chargers defensive end Corey Liuget said, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. That’s a pretty bold statement from a member of a defense that ranks dead last in the NFL against the pass and has forced a grand total of one turnover in three games.

To hear Liuget tell it, Romo has benefitted from a dumbed-down Dallas offense this season.

“It’s a simple offense,” Liuget said, according to the Union-Tribune. “They don’t do too many plays. The key is to definitely hit Romo early and try to take Romo out of the game and put the ball in [DeMarco Murray's] hands.”

More: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4715844/chargers-de-key-is-rattling-tony-romo

meh, that's the key to rattling ALL QB's....and also the key to stopping any offense. Been that way since the 60's Corey. They forward pass became quite popular then Corey. What a meat head.

bark

Reaction score
i thought it was pretty evident a reply wasnt needed. to be fair my structure was off, i didnt mean to post here on the internet, the team doesnt need to post it in the locker, far be it from thinking Romo is a complete moron *some do here* umm he kinda KNOWS people are looking to sack him. Truely, hes a genius like that. He knows. believe me, posting it in the locker room, NOT going to speed up his knowledge base.

SS I don't think tony needs any motivation at all.
That dude gives his all every game, but if I'm an o lineman and I read that quote, I would think it would give me a little extra juice in my step.
Same with our defense. This sorta of thing is done every Sunday in every locker room around the league.
They call it "bulletin board" material for a reason

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I've been critical of Romo in the past because I do believe he has trouble in big games on the road and critical moments of games (notice I didn't say fourth quarters). However, this isn't a big game by definition and I doubt it will be very close going into the fourth. Romo is going to put up 300yds and 3td's-Cowboys 38-17.