ESPN's Ed Werder GOT OWNED!!!

Dallas22

Reaction score
Hey BBGUN, there is nothing to promote with us... we are JUST fans. This nor the St Louis thing was planned, we didn't search for Werder & we are not afraid to SHOW the proof, unlike Werder. Nothing wrong in challenging or questioning a "reporter" who time after time has been proven to not have correct information.

Letters to the editor doesn't work but I can tell you that this made an impact, at least for 5 mins. Why do you like Werder and his assistant "henchman" so much... what's the reason, seriouly??? Just curious :confused:

Reaction score
CowboyChris;2487181 said:
thanks for the compliment, wish it was this CowboyChris.:laugh1:

You will always be the 1st cowboys chris, chris...i will give you this "fame" anytime for a free guest list invite at ghost bar here in Big D anytime...

that place is a $20 cover...ugh...but it is great!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas22;2487462 said:
Hey BBGUN, there is nothing to promote with us... we are JUST fans. This nor the St Louis thing was planned, we didn't search for Werder & we are not afraid to SHOW the proof, unlike Werder. Nothing wrong in challenging or questioning a "reporter" who time after time has been proven to not have correct information.

Letters to the editor doesn't work but I can tell you that this made an impact, at least for 5 mins. Why do you like Werder and his assistant "henchman" so much... what's the reason, seriouly??? Just curious :confused:

Your "displeasure" could have been handled better, that's all. When you intentionally bait people and disrupt their livelihood, your targets will naturally take offense. The Cowboy players are grown men who don't need your help or mine. 99.9 percent of the people in this thread are slapping your backs and begging for more. My lone dissenting voice shouldn't cause you much concern.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
WOW Mr. Horn NICE!!! Hostile tell em this cowboy fan said thank you as well....and qbcoach...still...awesome stuff man....glad you enjoyed that ghost bar i still have yet to go ....

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
I think it's a little less idiotic than the Rams clip.

But just a little.

Dallas22

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2487490 said:
WOW Mr. Horn NICE!!! Hostile tell em this cowboy fan said thank you as well....and qbcoach...still...awesome stuff man....glad you enjoyed that ghost bar i still have yet to go ....

We're going to the Ghost Bar tonight... should be there later, like after 10pm... let us know who wants to get out there, maybe we'll have a PRE-party for the game tommorow... all Cowboy fans welcome, even BBGUN :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randy White;2487300 said:
Not true. If it wasn't for anonymous sources, Nixon would have served out his term. Anonymous sources are a must for transparency.
Okay, I'm jumping back into the pool again.

I'm my opinion, the journalistic relevance of using anonymous sources must be weighed against the importance of the information being relayed by its source. Watergate was a true, organized conspiracy to dupe the enitre American public of illegal transgressions. Whatever Werder may or may not have uncovered involving Terrell Owens pales incredibly by comparison.

Deep Throat and other unnamed sources, who helped uncover the Watergate conspiracy, feared not only for the well-being of their families and themselves of retaliatory action from the Oval Office itself--they were also conscious of the damage which a government scandal could inflict on the nation. The need for the sources' privacy was, for lack of a better word, paramount. Anything which Owens has or could have possibly done in the past or now doesn't warrant protecting Werder so-called sources whatsoever.

With respect, who are the unnamed sources afraid of retaliating against them for being whistleblowers against players negatively speaking or acting out? Terrell Owens? Jerry Jones? Roger Goodell? Not saying it isn't true, but that kind of silence speaks volumes about cowardice on their parts. What are they protecting? Are their careers on the line for saying that Owens and Witten almost came to blows, for example? Then, if their fear is so great due to such minor things, they should remain silent and ESPN (and other media sources) shouldn't even attempt to shield them.

This is the stance which some journalists have attempted to vindicate their actions of quoting unnamed sources for the past 20 years. It doesn't matter how important the actual news may be. Heck, the actual news itself may not be important at all, but given the opportunity, a journalist will whip out the old, patented anonymous defensive protection for their sources.

It's no wonder that some of the general public has been desensitized and made wary of this particular media tactic. It's been overused and ESPN hasn't been alone in its misuse. One day, I can only hope that both the media and those who say they are protecting themselves by their anonymity over reporting mole-shaking events will get a grip. It's just not that important.

My apologies. My rant hasn't even directed at you at all. It's just something I needed to get off my chest. Time to climb back out of the pool.

Reaction score
DallasEast;2487540 said:
Okay, I'm jumping back into the pool again.

I'm my opinion, the journalistic relevance of using anonymous sources must be weighed against the importance of the information being relayed by its source. Watergate was a true, organized conspiracy to dupe the enitre American public of illegal transgressions. Whatever Werder may or may not have uncovered involving Terrell Owens pales incredibly by comparison.

Deep Throat and other unnamed sources, who helped uncover the Watergate conspiracy, feared not only for the well-being of their families and themselves of retaliatory action from the Oval Office itself--they were also conscious of the damage which a government scandal could inflict on the nation. The need for the sources' privacy was, for lack of a better word, paramount. Anything which Owens has or could have possibly done in the past or now doesn't warrant protecting Werder so-called sources whatsoever.

With respect, who are the unnamed sources afraid of retaliating against them for being whistleblowers against players negatively speaking or acting out? Terrell Owens? Jerry Jones? Roger Goodell? Not saying it isn't true, but that kind of silence speaks volumes about cowardice on their parts. What are they protecting? Are their careers on the line for saying that Owens and Witten almost came to blows, for example? Then, if their fear is so great due to such minor things, they should remain silent and ESPN (and other media sources) shouldn't even attempt to shield them.

This is the stance which some journalists have attempted to vindicate their actions of quoting unnamed sources for the past 20 years. It doesn't matter how important the actual news may be. Heck, the actual news itself may not be important at all, but given the opportunity, a journalist will whip out the old, patented anonymous defensive protection for their sources.

It's no wonder that some of the general public has been desensitized and made wary of this particular media tactic. It's been overused and ESPN hasn't been alone in its misuse. One day, I can only hope that both the media and those who say they are protecting themselves by their anonymity over reporting mole-shaking events will get a grip. It's just not that important.

My apologies. My rant hasn't even directed at you at all. It's just something I needed to get off my chest. Time to climb back out of the pool.

In my humble opinion...espn has now become TMZ.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I'm sure I can find some "unnamed sources" somewhere who claim Ed Werder was at a gay strip club, dancing with naked men. Anyone want to message me anonymously so ESPN can run with this story NOW? :rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;2487569 said:
I'm sure I can find some "unnamed sources" somewhere who claim Ed Werder was at a gay strip club, dancing with naked men. Anyone want to message me anonymously so ESPN can run with this story NOW? :rolleyes:

But if that makes it in print or on the air, Werder will have grounds for a lawsuit, which he would win.

Let's not be silly just to make a point.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyJeff;2487569 said:

Ed? No. Bayless? Yes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
bbgun;2487481 said:
Your "displeasure" could have been handled better, that's all. When you intentionally bait people and disrupt their livelihood, your targets will naturally take offense. The Cowboy players are grown men who don't need your help or mine. 99.9 percent of the people in this thread are slapping your backs and begging for more. My lone dissenting voice shouldn't cause you much concern.

You da man, bbgun. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DTK;2487137 said:
So wait a second here...it's OK for Werder to be critical of others work yet its not OK for others to be critical of Werder's work??

Werder is NOT reporting on football. This kind of stuff happens in EVERY locker room - high school on up. The ONLY reason its a story is because its TO. If he wants to be critical of his route running and hands, then great. But to break a so called story based on anonymous sources is "National Enquirerish".

You a are critical of Chris for being critical of another...the irony in that.

Uh, Werder is ESPN's reporter covering the Cowboys. He's not responsible for reporting about this stuff in Philadelphia. That's Sal Palantonio's job. ;)