Et Tu Sturm

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m not seeing anyone open I agree the worst place to go there is Lamb but I don’t see guys running wide open.
Schoon is pretty open on that play. You throw it before he even hits the 40 yard line. It's just a touch pass over the top. Look at where the WR was when Derek Carr hit that deep pass. He's open before he's open.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Schoon is pretty open on that play. You throw it before he even hits the 40 yard line. It's just a touch pass over the top. Look at where the WR was when Derek Carr hit that deep pass. He's open before he's open.
That’s because you know Shaheed is gonna out run those safeties or at least he should. He’s the fastest guy on the field. Schoon is not his first read there I get what you guys are saying he’s probably the most open.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
actually most on here say otherwise...a few typical haters, just dissect one single play to death, making bunch of assumption, each saying something different, none of them understand exactly what happened, and call it clear...

yeah, its very clear. clear as mud
Most being you and AC? Yeah, not the side I'd generally want to be on the side of.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s because you know Shaheed is gonna out run those safeties or at least he should. He’s the fastest guy on the field. Schoon is not his first read there I get what you guys are saying he’s probably the most open.
The defense matters too. Schoon may not have been his first read, but the defense can dictate how quickly you get through your reads, and how fast he gets to Schoon. That's what makes QBs like Brady so successful.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Most being you and AC? Yeah, not the side I'd generally want to be on the side of.
Most is most.

You.want to name a couple of people, then that's a few.

But all the dak haters with an agenda just want to blame one person.and one person only. While holding nobody else responsible.

I know what's coming next....the contract. Same thing as the first time he got a contract. It started as second highest paid and ended up at 12th. And the arguments changed from he is highest paid therefore...... to well we can't use that any more so let's find something else.

I have not defended Dak, except poi t out flaws in people's arguments. And just because I don't pour hate and incessantly complain and find flaws, I will get accused of being a supporter.

That's all the dak haters, detractors etc. Do. Youneither absolutely hate him incessantly else you must be a Dak.lover. tell me I am.wrong

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The defense matters too. Schoon may not have been his first read, but the defense can dictate how quickly you get through your reads, and how fast he gets to Schoon. That's what makes QBs like Brady so successful.
Also have to factor in personnel. If Schoon was Gronk maybe he throws that pass.

khiladi

Reaction score
I find it funny. you say almost for 400 yards, like someone from marketing....throw out the larger number it looks better. it was 360 yards....hilarious the lengths you go to....I could do the same and say he threw for a little over 300 yards. LOL

don't forget he had two almost interceptions, specially the pass to cooper in the end....I know you keep track of those almost interceptions in a spreadsheet somewhere, you have often pulled it out and argued with it against Dak. but you are avoiding that conversation like the plague....why?

now, amari cooper had 700 yards playing with dak in that season, and had well over 1100 yards the previous two. not almost 1100, but actually 1100 (LOL). so how is that exactly that Dak didn't utilize Cooper?

and you are the one who started the fuzzy math, projecting Rush going 13-3 (you can't deny that you did), and I did the same and yes you did throw a hissy fit, just like you are now.

with Rush against SF, we would have scored 3 points. prove me wrong. in that same season, Dak averaged almost 240 yards passing per game...cooper rush 116..... no, its not a mistype. its actually just that. 116 passing yards per game...that would put him 57th in the league.....almost at the bottom of the backups who played that season. seriously, I can get really close to that and I play flag football.

4-1 in 2022, yes. THANK YOU DEFENSE, THANK YOU DEFENSE highly appreciated. wish we had a defense like that. I find it very funny, you attributing the defense playing well to Rush. I mean I congratulate you for trying, it takes a vivid imagination to do that.
Dak almost has about 3 INT per game.

Guess what, Rush has a noodle arm and is a practice string QB and still went 5-1…

Thank the defense and their TOs for Dak to get paid 231 million dollars, while still sucking it up come playoff time

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Most is most.

But all the dak haters with an agenda just want to blame one person.and one person only. While holding nobody else responsible.

I know what's coming next....the contract. Same thing as the first time he got a contract. It started as second highest paid and ended up at 12th. And the arguments changed from he is highest paid therefore...... to well we can't use that any more so let's find something else.

I have not defended Dak, except poi t out flaws in people's arguments. And just because I don't pour hate and incessantly complain and find flaws, I will get accused of being a supporter.

That's all the dak haters, detractors etc. Do. Youneither absolutely hate him incessantly else you must be a Dak.lover. tell me I am.wrong
Ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree completely. We also have to consider what Dak is more comfortable throwing. Maybe he doesn't have that touch. He doesn't normally throw those types of passes.
Nope. He’s not gonna take a risky throw to save his life. He doesn’t want to throw picks sometimes you have to risk the throw.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak almost has about 3 INT per game.

Guess what, Rush has a noodle arm and is a practice string QB and still went 5-1…

Thank the defense and their TOs for Dak to get paid 231 million dollars, while still sucking it up come playoff time
Ok then....hang your hat on 5-1 over two seasons.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Most is most.

We're talking about one play, sir. Clearly you have a lot of biases and strawmen you're wanting to deal with.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We're talking about one play, sir. Clearly you have a lot of biases and strawmen you're wanting to deal with.
What?

It's painfully obvious you didn't read any of my previous comments.

To the contrary I made that exact point to your cult that they, you tend to generalize based on a single play l.

Interesting

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What?

It's painfully obvious you didn't read any of my previous comments.

To the contrary I made that exact point to your cult that they, you tend to generalize based on a single play l.

Interesting
The entire post I just replied to had nothing to do with the play, just a bunch of other nonsense.

I am discussing this play and this play alone.

What other people may or may not say has nothing to do with my comments regarding this play.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The entire post I just replied to had nothing to do with the play, just a bunch of other nonsense.

I am discussing this play and this play alone.

What other people may or may not say has nothing to do with my comments regarding this play.
Let's take a single play that you barely have an idea about, and agenda driven perception and make it into a career generalization.

Fantastic

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Let's take a single play that you barely have an idea about, and agenda driven perception and make it into a career generalization.

Fantastic
I think you are being carried away with perceptions that people may have about Dak based on one play. It's clear he messed up on that single play.

If you review the Ravens game you can see in a critical moment when the game was on the line:

4th Quarter 2:36 left and Ravens in 3rd and 6. If Dallas stops them they get the ball back for a chance at a game tying FG.

The Ravens set up in a trips formation 3 by 1 with the 1 player, Isaiah Likely, the isolated 1 on Lamar's left side. No different than what Dallas set up in. But the Ravens put Bateman #7 in motion to see how Dallas would declare if they were going into robber formation with a safety or Kendricks would drop into coverage on the trips side to cover a passing lane.

When Bateman shifted Lamar knew no one was coming over to help so he had single coverage to the trips side and he could keep his eyes to his left because there was three receivers all with single coverage. Someone was bound to get open, and if not throw the ball away.

We are only talking about how to manage a trips play. Dak did it wrong and Lamar this game did it right. It's just this simple. If you think we are saying Dak sucks and should be cut I think you are taking it too far.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think you are being carried away with perceptions that people may have about Dak based on one play. It's clear he messed up on that single play.

If you review the Ravens game you can see in a critical moment when the game was on the line:

4th Quarter 2:36 left and Ravens in 3rd and 6. If Dallas stops them they get the ball back for a chance at a game tying FG.

The Ravens set up in a trips formation 3 by 1 with the 1 player, Isaiah Likely, the isolated 1 on Lamar's left side. No different than what Dallas set up in. But the Ravens put Bateman #7 in motion to see how Dallas would declare if they were going into robber formation with a safety or Kendricks would drop into coverage on the trips side to cover a passing lane.

When Bateman shifted Lamar knew no one was coming over to help so he had single coverage to the trips side and he could keep his eyes to his left because there was three receivers all with single coverage. Someone was bound to get open, and if not throw the ball away.

We are only talking about how to manage a trips play. Dak did it wrong and Lamar this game did it right. It's just this simple. If you think we are saying Dak sucks and should be cut I think you are taking it too far.
see, exactly. "he messed up on the play". that's the perception. I and many didn't think that's the case...and that's where it starts to set the tone for entire career.