Euro 2012 Thread

Zordon

Reaction score
Kickoff and Opening Ceremonies in less than 10 hrs from Warsaw, Poland.

Schedule

Groups:

1326068916Z7Z8l1.jpg

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Lewandowski to fire the Poles to victory tonight. Think the Germans will win the tournament although since it was just a small bet I put on I've backed the French at 11/1. Expecting Huntelaar to continue his form into the championships and wouldn't be surprised to see Reus force his way into the starting line up for Germany.
Should be a good month.

Ren

Reaction score
Opening match is probably the least interesting of the tournament

Denmark Holland tomorrow should be good same with Italy Spain on Sunday

joseephuss

Reaction score
Ren;4587240 said:
Opening match is probably the least interesting of the tournament

Denmark Holland tomorrow should be good same with Italy Spain on Sunday

The Germany-Portugal game tomorrow should be entertaining. Same with Germany-Netherlands on the 13th.

Ren

Reaction score
joseephuss;4587259 said:
The Germany-Portugal game tomorrow should be entertaining. Same with Germany-Netherlands on the 13th.

I can't sit trough 90 minutes of Portugal there's just way to much *****yness on that team. For some reason i don't mind Italy though :laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Entertaining first game. Poland let up and never could get the momentum back. In the end, they were lucky they didn't blow it and lose.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I drew Poland in my office pool so I am choked grrr

Still I want France to win it all.

VIVE LA FRANCE.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I can't believe Poland blew that game. Never seen a team come out so flat after dominating in the first half.

Not a surprise pick, but GERMANY is the team to beat. Not sure if anyone has the firepower to stay with them

I'm excited for the group of death games tomorrow.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
fifaguy;4587447 said:
I can't believe Poland blew that game. Never seen a team come out so flat after dominating in the first half.

Not a surprise pick, but GERMANY is the team to beat. Not sure if anyone has the firepower to stay with them

yeah, thats some group, as for the game today...what a horrible penalty taken by the Greek player.
Can wait for that Spain -Italy game...Vamos España!!!!!!!!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Russia looked strong. The back line for the Czech Republic looked horrible and the Russians took advantage.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
fifaguy;4587447 said:

Was an old adage years ago.

If you were asked to define soccer/football, you answered

"It's a game where 22 men run around a field for 90 minutes and at the end, Germany wins".

It is NEVER a bad bet to pick Germany.

Ren

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4587561 said:

"It's a game where 22 men run around a field for 90 minutes and at the end, Germany wins 1-0".

That saying is still very much in use, but you missed the most important part

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Is anybody watching USA - Antigua, sorry but this US team still has a long way to go.

Zordon

Reaction score
joseephuss;4587549 said:
Russia looked strong. The back line for the Czech Republic looked horrible and the Russians took advantage.
Agree. That was some putrid defense from the Czechs.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4587561 said:

"It's a game where 22 men run around a field for 90 minutes and at the end of extra time, Germany wins on penalties".

Ren;4587595 said:
That saying is still very much in use, but you missed the most important part

You have both misquoted, so I have corrected it for you. ;)

I think there are probably four teams with a good shot at winning, and then another four that have an outside chance. For me the winners will come from Group B or C as none of the teams in groups A & D are close to the top teams in there.

However, there is often one team that over achieves, (Turkey made the semi finals in 2008, Greece won in 2004, Czechs made the Final in 1996 & Denmark won in 1992).

Can't see it happening, but would like to see England perform well even if they don't make the Final.

JBS

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;4588062 said:
You have both misquoted, so I have corrected it for you. ;)

I think there are probably four teams with a good shot at winning, and then another four that have an outside chance. For me the winners will come from Group B or C as none of the teams in groups A & D are close to the top teams in there.

However, there is often one team that over achieves, (Turkey made the semi finals in 2008, Greece won in 2004, Czechs made the Final in 1996 & Denmark won in 1992).

Can't see it happening, but would like to see England perform well even if they don't make the Final.

Don't discount France. France may be the 4th best team in this tourny

Ren

Reaction score
Denmark have always been ridiculously effective