Euro 2012 Thread

joseephuss

Reaction score
England and France will both have to play better than today if they hope to win this tournament.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
joseephuss;4589966 said:
England and France will both have to play better than today if they hope to win this tournament.

England can't pass water.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;4589108 said:
I don't like Spain, I don't even like Barca. But andres iniesta is my fav player in the world. He definitely doesn't receive the recognition he deserves

Yeah, he's the greatest 10 yard passer of the ball since Butch Wilkins.

MC KAos

Reaction score
man, anyone watching this poland/russia game? it feels like so much more than just a game! its like they are settling a historic score on a soccer field! so tense! GO POLAND!

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;4591117 said:
man, anyone watching this poland/russia game? it feels like so much more than just a game! its like they are settling a historic score on a soccer field! so tense! GO POLAND!

I am, and yes go Poland!

One of my best friends is Polish so I'm kind of rooting for them in this match. That was an awesome goal they had to.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
MC KAos;4591117 said:

And thats exactly what the non fan doesn't get.

Its a great game so far - very entertaining.

Ren

Reaction score
They settled that same score off the field both before and during the match, Poland and Ukraine should never have been awarded Euro 2012

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;4591246 said:
They settled that same score off the field both before and during the match, Poland and Ukraine should never have been awarded Euro 2012

Why? Russian fans were to blame with the march through Warsaw. Russia was fined and docked 6 points for Euro 2016 qualifying for what happened yesterday.

Ren

Reaction score
Cythim;4591914 said:
Why? Russian fans were to blame with the march through Warsaw. Russia was fined and docked 6 points for Euro 2016 qualifying for what happened yesterday.

Doesn't really matter who's side is to blame, Poland is responsible for security they're hosting not Russia and so far they have failed miserably. This was not the first fights during this cup either Polish fans where on the war path, they where up to the same last week as well.

Then in the Ukraine you have racist chants from the crowd towards black players.

If UEFA like they claim really want to put a stop to the racism and violence you don't give the cup to countries where this is a huge problem

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;4591947 said:
Doesn't really matter who's side is to blame, Poland is responsible for security they're hosting not Russia and so far they have failed miserably. This was not the first fights during this cup either Polish fans where on the war path, they where up to the same last week as well.

Then in the Ukraine you have racist chants from the crowd towards black players.

If UEFA like they claim really want to put a stop to the racism and violence you don't give the cup to countries where this is a huge problem

I have no doubt there would be whining and complaining no matter which country hosts. I am not going to pretend to know all of the goings on in the politics between these nations, but the German fans seem to have enough class to not organize a march through Warsaw the way Russia did. I think UEFA is right to give these countries a chance to host and prove themselves capable. If the racism and violence continues it will likely be a long time before they or other eastern European nations host anything significant.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592002 said:
Time for the Germans to do work today!

Netherlands is getting some very good looks at goal early in this game. This will be a great game as neither team can afford to give up 3 points.

Ren

Reaction score
Cythim;4591966 said:
I have no doubt there would be whining and complaining no matter which country hosts. I am not going to pretend to know all of the goings on in the politics between these nations, but the German fans seem to have enough class to not organize a march through Warsaw the way Russia did. I think UEFA is right to give these countries a chance to host and prove themselves capable. If the racism and violence continues it will likely be a long time before they or other eastern European nations host anything significant.

It's no excuse, would it be ok to attack Skins fans in Dallas?

Out of the 180 or so arrest yesterday 25 where Russian

I guarantee you if this happened in England and English fans where provoked by say Germans and they did this it would not be a valid excuse so i don't see why it should be for Poland.

There's tons of club Soccer every year all over Europe UEFA doesn't really get to say "we didn't expect this". Certain countries are worse then others and they prove it year around every year. These countries should be forced to show improvement before they get awarded tournaments like this.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cythim;4592012 said:
Netherlands is getting some very good looks at goal early in this game. This will be a great game as neither team can afford to give up 3 points.

The Germans can afford it way more than Holland, especially since they play Denmark next and got 3 out of Portugal. Holland really has fix their defense, it's letting them down.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;4592018 said:
It's no excuse, would it be ok to attack Skins fans in Dallas?

Out of the 180 or so arrest yesterday 25 where Russian

I guarantee you if this happened in England and English fans where provoked by say Germans and they did this it would not be a valid excuse so i don't see why it should be for Poland.

There's tons of club Soccer every year all over Europe UEFA doesn't really get to say "we didn't expect this". Certain countries are worse then others and they prove it year around every year. These countries should be forced to show improvement before they get awarded tournaments like this.

I think it is a good opportunity to put the issue on a big stage so the world can see how big of a problem it is. The response from Poland and Ukraine to prevent further actions will be important as will the response from the UEFA after the tournament is done.

You also have to consider the traveling fan groups from different nations. Some fans from Spain were abusing Balotelli during the Spain/Italy match.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592034 said:
The Germans can afford it way more than Holland, especially since they play Denmark next and got 3 out of Portugal. Holland really has fix their defense, it's letting them down.

I was thinking Germany drew with Portugal, my head is in the wrong group. Netherlands is really in a bad spot right now. This is a tough group.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I've been impressed with Germany and Italy.

Portugal looked really good today.
Spain looked overrated but that's without Villa obviously.

I think Germany wins it all but Italy is my sleeper.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i hate germany, but man are they amazing! spain, brazil, argentina and uruguay are pretty much the only countries that could beat them IMO