Ever meet a celebrity?

Them

Reaction score
...!....Yes!...A celebrity has met me!!...:grin:.........what?

aria

Reaction score
Worked security for a few movie sets and several concerts. Willie was cool, William Shatner was a jerk, Sandra Bullock was purposefully “meh” meaning no nod of the head, no acknowledgement, nothing that could even be thought of as courteous.

For Texas music fans, Pat Green was really cool even when he was “big”. Sarah McLachlan was a total diva jerk. Jake the Snake was all about business and strung out. Michael Irvin and Troy were very nice but that was way back in the day.

Never met him myself but have had several, several friends that met Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie and had nothing but greats stories to tell and how awesome and down to earth they were.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Worked security for a few movie sets and several concerts. Willie was cool, William Shatner was a jerk, Sandra Bullock was purposefully “meh” meaning no nod of the head, no acknowledgement, nothing that could even be thought of as courteous.

For Texas music fans, Pat Green was really cool even when he was “big”. Sarah McLachlan was a total diva jerk. Jake the Snake was all about business and strung out. Michael Irvin and Troy were very nice but that was way back in the day.

Never met him myself but have had several, several friends that met Dimebag Darrell and Vinnie and had nothing but greats stories to tell and how awesome and down to earth they were.
I know a bartender in Austin that has great stories about Dimebag and Nick Cage and how awesome they were.
I can imagine Sarah, "Ms. Ireland", McLachlan looking at Texans like less than human.

aria

Reaction score
I know a bartender in Austin that has great stories about Dimebag and Nick Cage and how awesome they were.
I can imagine Sarah, "Ms. Ireland", McLachlan looking at Texans like less than human.
I only worked one of her concerts but her demands were ridiculous. Bottles of water had to be set in exact spots on stage and security (I was working the barrier in front of the stage) was absolutely, under no circumstances, to even glance at the stage or look at her. I understood my job, I’m not going to sit there and look at her when my job is too look at the crowd but she was such a cunny about it and had a list of other demands I can’t recall right now.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Another celeb encounter......

After me and my crew got tired of Mexican food in Cozumel, we went to KFC one afternoon. I struck up a conversation with a woman behind me(she was older than me, just being nice) not knowing who I was chatting with. It was a long line and we must have talked for 15 minutes about diving, the iguanas and island chit chat. She too wanted some good ole fried chicken........

It turns out I was talking to Gloria Estefan and never knew it, real nice lady.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I only worked one of her concerts but her demands were ridiculous. Bottles of water had to be set in exact spots on stage and security (I was working the barrier in front of the stage) was absolutely, under no circumstances, to even glance at the stage or look at her. I understood my job, I’m not going to sit there and look at her when my job is too look at the crowd but she was such a cunny about it and had a list of other demands I can’t recall right now.

Forgot about her, her 15 minutes didn't last long.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Used to live near North Shore in Hawaii. Several players stayed up there in Turtle Bay for the Pro Bowl. For reference, that's the hotel in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. So myself and friends would run into a lot of them at candid moments, although you could run into them all over Oahu. Michael Irvin is about as crazy as you'd think. Some people have great stories about him, some say he was a total you know what. Pete Carroll was probably the coolest coach of them all. Although he lived there too. He was always down for selfies and friendly talking. Of course, all the players who were local boys were always chill. Troy Polamalu always had a great rep. Would get jammed with crowds (not Hawaiian, but Samoan and very popular there) and take time to greet and sign for everyone.

The celebrity who I was most star struck was Arnold Schwarzenegger. I basically shook his hand with a big smile and couldn't think of anything to say. You have to understand that "Ahney" was for me what John Wayne was for the older generation.

Dreski

Reaction score
I said hi to Ralphie May when he did a show in Addison, after the show he waited near the exit to meet people. He was very nice and a little shorter than I thought he’d be.
Never met these guys but I cooked a brisket burger for Tom Hanks and cooked food for Korey Kluber, I think he had wings?