Ever meet a celebrity?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The most recent recall is sitting with my Family in Greenblatt's Deli in West Hollywood having lunch while on vacation. In walks Drew Barrymore. My Daughter, a big fan apparently, was stunned to see her walk in and almost started to hyperventilate. I encouraged her to walk back to her table, apologize for interrupting her and be yourself with a quick greeting.

I really didn't know much about Ms. Barrymore at the time, except she was in ET, but I now have a very high opinion of her as a person. She graciously asked my daughter to sit with her and they exchanged pleasantries for a brief minute or so. My Daughter was deeply touched and on Cloud Nine after the exchange. All it took was a little kindness from a person who really didn't need to say anything more than hello.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
I’ve met Rod Stewart, Warren Zevon, Robert Diniro, Harvey Martin, Charles Haley, Randy Savage, Jim Brown, Fred Couples, Raymond Floyd, Sugar Ray Leonard lots more.....
Fred Couples was the reason i got seriously interested in golf in the 90's.

Hope he was as genuine when you met him as he appears to be on tv.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fred Couples was the reason i got seriously interested in golf in the 90's.

Hope he was as genuine when you met him as he appears to be on tv.
That is a great way to describe Freddy. Genuine. My brother in law is Wayne Levi so I met all the golfers. Freddy and Raymond Floyd were my favorites.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The most recent recall is sitting with my Family in Greenblatt's Deli in West Hollywood having lunch while on vacation. In walks Drew Barrymore. My Daughter, a big fan apparently, was stunned to see her walk in and almost started to hyperventilate. I encouraged her to walk back to her table, apologize for interrupting her and be yourself with a quick greeting.

I really didn't know much about Ms. Barrymore at the time, except she was in ET, but I now have a very high opinion of her as a person. She graciously asked my daughter to sit with her and they exchanged pleasantries for a brief minute or so. My Daughter was deeply touched and on Cloud Nine after the exchange. All it took was a little kindness from a person who really didn't need to say anything more than hello.
That must have heen a nice surprise. I know I’d call her Jules like in movie. “Oh my gosh!! It’s Jules!!!! I loooove you,this is so cool!!”

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
That is a great way to describe Freddy. Genuine. My brother in law is Wayne Levi so I met all the golfers. Freddy and Raymond Floyd were my favorites.
Pretty damn cool your brother-in-law is Wayne Levi. The 1992 Masters where Fred and Raymond were going at it was one of the best ever.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This past October, I was on an Air Canada flight from Vancouver to LA. I was seated in first class and shortly after boarding, Jon Cryer took a seat across the aisle from me. Literally moments before closing the door Goldie Hawn boarded and took the seat next to me.

Jon Cryer across the aisle and Goldie Hawn next to me. Quite the menage a trois. Two things I can share: Goldie Hawn has a lot, and i mean a lot of freckles, and she talks a lot.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This past October, I was on an Air Canada flight from Vancouver to LA. I was seated in first class and shortly after boarding, Jon Cryer took a seat across the aisle from me. Literally moments before closing the door Goldie Hawn boarded and took the seat next to me.

Jon Cryer across the aisle and Goldie Hawn next to me. Quite the menage a trois. Two things I can share: Goldie Hawn has a lot, and i mean a lot of freckles, and she talks a lot.

My mom was in a movie with Goldie a long time ago and they became friends. She is a chatterbox for sure and not as good looking as she is on the big screen :muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve met Rod Stewart, Warren Zevon, Robert Diniro, Harvey Martin, Charles Haley, Randy Savage, Jim Brown, Fred Couples, Raymond Floyd, Sugar Ray Leonard lots more.....

How ever did you meet 'The Macho Man'?

starman22

Reaction score
Late 60's to early 70's, not sure exactly. My father was in the Navy in California. We were flying home to Pennsylvania for Xmas, I think. Anyway, John Wayne was on the plane with us. My dad was a big fan, and we actually got to talk to him at the airport.

Almost the same situation but a different year, one of the Lassies was on the plane with us. My mother tells me I got to pet him, but I don't remember.

Believe it, or not.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty damn cool your brother-in-law is Wayne Levi. The 1992 Masters where Fred and Raymond were going at it was one of the best ever.
I hung out with Davis Love a lot as well. Lots of fun. Those 3 guys remain my favorite.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Have heard the same thing about Willis, a first class prick.

I always think about things like this when people wish to meet their favorite actor/actress/etc. Are you sure? It may paint them in an entirely different light.

Bruce Willis had a huge presence in Sun Valley, Idaho for many years. I've heard just about everything about the guy from being a prick to being a nice guy. I'm sure it depends on their mood. Being famous I'm sure can get exhausting and annoying.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Hey anyone use twitter? I’m not good with it,but what’s a heart mean next people’s pic on reply? Usually is a diamond shape next to pic. Some girl retweeted something I just said to a celeb ..does it mean “ohh I love what you said” or “like him” ?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Living in the LA area and the field I’m in, I’ve met a lot of celebrities but one stands out more than the rest. She was the first celebrity I ever met. I moved to California in July, 1980. I spent my first year in Pasadena not far from the Rose Bowl. In 1981 I went to the Santa Anita race track in Arcadia to see my first horse race. It was either the Santa Anita Derby or the Breeders Cup. It was a big race and the parking lot was packed, so I had to park across the street. As soon as I got out of my car and began walking up the sidewalk, a car pulled up behind mine. A couple of women quickly got out and approached me. There was an older woman and a younger woman.

The younger woman who was very thin laughed and asked me if it was okay to park where we were. She was worried about getting towed. She assumed I was going to the race track and I told her that it was OK and pointed to the sign that gave the hours. She thanked me and I told her and her friend to enjoy the races. I knew within the first five seconds I was talking with her that it was Karen Carpenter. She talked like she sang and was alarmingly skinny. Her cheeks were hollow. I kick myself to this day that I didn’t tell her I recognized her. The woman she was with turned out to be her mother. I recognized her from her interview on Good Morning America after Karen Carpenter died in 1983.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
319966_102078896472437_5156436_n.jpg

Vince was in Balad, Iraq in 2004, I'm guessing for USO stuff. I worked at the ATOC there (Air Terminal Operation Center) and we got a call, from what I guess was his USO handler, stating that Vince needed to get on the next C-130 out of there to XYZ destination. "Sure, no prob." So his handler actually drops him off at our front door like unwanted infant and bolts. That wasn't typical. Usually a handler sticks around but I guess Vince convinced him that he doesn't need to be coddled like so many of the other Celebs/Athletes.

So Vince is sitting there, with a small backpack and that goofy blue civilian armor they're given, and joins the 3-4 of us in taking a smoke break and shooting the $*%t (he smoked American Spirits, btw). For the 10-15 minutes we waited for the C-130 to arrive, he was cool/down to Earth. For the life of me, I can't remember much about what we talked about but it was just normal "dude talk". I probably asked him about a movie or two but nothing overly cringey since we often get Athletes/Celebrities passing through to get on aircraft.

Anyway, the C-130 hit the deck, taxi'd to the parking spot with all 4 engines still running (ERO) and I drove him up to about 50ft from the back and then he followed me up to the ramp. I then did something premeditated just because I thought Vince was a cool dude. As he turned to shake my hand before getting onboard, I palmed my Mobile Flight's challenge coin and gave it to him. He honestly looked gracious and said, "Thanks, man. I really appreciate that". He's probably been given a bunch of different ones on his USO tours so I'd like to think that he has a coin box/coin-stand somewhere in his home with that one in it.

Alright, that was the coolest interaction with a Celebrity I've had.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
319966_102078896472437_5156436_n.jpg

Vince was in Balad, Iraq in 2004, I'm guessing for USO stuff. I worked at the ATOC there (Air Terminal Operation Center) and we got a call, from what I guess was his USO handler, stating that Vince needed to get on the next C-130 out of there to XYZ destination. "Sure, no prob." So his handler actually drops him off at our front door like unwanted infant and bolts. That wasn't typical. Usually a handler sticks around but I guess Vince convinced him that he doesn't need to be coddled like so many of the other Celebs/Athletes.

So Vince is sitting there, with a small backpack and that goofy blue civilian armor they're given, and joins the 3-4 of us in taking a smoke break and shooting the $*%t (he smoked American Spirits, btw). For the 10-15 minutes we waited for the C-130 to arrive, he was cool/down to Earth. For the life of me, I can't remember much about what we talked about but it was just normal "dude talk". I probably asked him about a movie or two but nothing overly cringey since we often get Athletes/Celebrities passing through to get on aircraft.

Anyway, the C-130 hit the deck, taxi'd to the parking spot with all 4 engines still running (ERO) and I drove him up to about 50ft from the back and then he followed me up to the ramp. I then did something premeditated just because I thought Vince was a cool dude. As he turned to shake my hand before getting onboard, I palmed my Mobile Flight's challenge coin and gave it to him. He honestly looked gracious and said, "Thanks, man. I really appreciate that". He's probably been given a bunch of different ones on his USO tours so I'd like to think that he has a coin box/coin-stand somewhere in his home with that one in it.

Alright, that was the coolest interaction with a Celebrity I've had.
Great story! He always struck me as a good dude.