Ever wonder why some some fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not like there's been great change in Dallas during this horrific era. Where fans can at least give the new faces a chance to turn the team around. There was one significant change in the last 20 years. Bill Parcells. And there was plenty of positive vibes during it while Bill cleaned up Jerry and Stephen's mess. Now we're right back to the same old thing. What doomed us in the mid to late 90's and into the Campo years is still there today. A growing number of fans have finally gotten fed up with it. They have no reason to believe the Cowboys will ever win anything being run by a lunatic and his equally unqualified son. Because they've watched the last 20 years.

Imagine being saddled with a horrible starting QB the last 20 years and he's set to take the first snap this year. That's what this is.

It's the sad reality we live with today. You can either accept it or impress us by saying you've never been afraid to predict good things for the Cowboys.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's not like there's been great change in Dallas during this horrific era. Where fans can at least give the new faces a chance to turn the team around. There was one significant change in the last 20 years. Bill Parcells. And there was plenty of positive vibes during it while Bill cleaned up Jerry and Stephen's mess. Now we're right back to the same old thing. What doomed us in the mid to late 90's and into the Campo years is still there today. A growing number of fans have finally gotten fed up with it. They have no reason to believe the Cowboys will ever win anything being run by a lunatic and his equally unqualified son. Because they've watched the last 20 years.

Imagine being saddled with a horrible starting QB the last 20 years and he's set to take the first snap this year. That's what this is.

It's the sad reality we live with today. You can either accept it or impress us by saying you've never been afraid to predict good things for the Cowboys.

Some fans don't even remember the great years when it was a given that we'd be in the playoffs and a bad season was when we didn't reach the SB. Those were good times. I just want them back.

jnday

Reaction score
Are always negative? It's very telling actually?

Have you wondered why this team has been so bad for so long? I think the fans attitude comes from the lack of success. Older fans remember the class organization that the Cowboys used to be, and what it is now. I went for years knowing that the Cowboys was at the top of the NFL and now I see a team that is average at best and sets team records for poor play. This could have been prevented with a few changes. You want to see a change in attitudes, winning will do it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some fans don't even remember the great years when it was a given that we'd be in the playoffs and a bad season was when we didn't reach the SB. Those were good times. I just want them back.

The Cowboys used to be a great franchise. Now they're a laughing stock. Their popularity is still there but all substance for it is long gone.

The death certificate has gotten a little faded over the last 20 years but I can still make out the cause of death. Jerral Wayne Jones.

Some people read that and understand I hate it as much as anyone. Others read it as something I enjoy and they. must. defend. the. star.

burmafrd

Reaction score
When you are not winning and seem to be caught in a never ending period of mediocrity then frankly it is on the Pollyanna's to prove THEIR point.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Spoiled fake fan. Think of the starving fans in Cleveland.

Well, they got their savior. The guy we passed on thankfully.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkmf8zFk0a_Vc4SBj6BAGtHz--wpL2fys3vNA_tkJziHOYXAZHFQ https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1iLSW6AmKVLOJe3BFyhgL-xgfxrVwuVDqZJ3h2HbvnfPMkYK_
Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend3.jpg
083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.JPG
10456761_10202157784173779_5904452502962635360_n.jpg

Section446

Reaction score
Well, they got their savior. The guy we passed on thankfully.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkmf8zFk0a_Vc4SBj6BAGtHz--wpL2fys3vNA_tkJziHOYXAZHFQ https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1iLSW6AmKVLOJe3BFyhgL-xgfxrVwuVDqZJ3h2HbvnfPMkYK_
Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend3.jpg
083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.JPG
10456761_10202157784173779_5904452502962635360_n.jpg

Don't know that he would have been the answer, but he would have certainly brought some hope for the future.

jnday

Reaction score
At least in the Campo era, we knew we stunk. This is worse because they show flashes of being great, then break out hearts. On paper, we have (and have had) a heck of a team, they just can't put it together.

You have a good point. I could forgive the Campo years due to a total lack of talent. The last few years have been worse in every way.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I'm going to guess it's because this era of Cowboys football is the worst in it's history.

Yes...and basically in rebuild mode after two losing Decades, plus no change on the horizon for the failed 'process', beyond those ridiculously overwhelming facts, everything is glorious...especially for the rest of the NFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.