Ever wonder why some some fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you are not winning and seem to be caught in a never ending period of mediocrity then frankly it is on the Pollyanna's to prove THEIR point.

It's not winning but, more importantly, not changing. Trying the same thing over and over again till death do they part. That's what has this fan base so beaten down now.

jnday

Reaction score
It's kind of funny how offended you are by people who don't share your optimistic views. Is this just an internet thing, or does this carry over to your life outside of the message board?

They act like negativity nuclear fallout. I hate to say this , but everyday life is negative. There are negative things going on with this team. There is no need for optimist to overlook that.

Section446

Reaction score
They act like negativity nuclear fallout. I hate to say this , but everyday life is negative. There are negative things going on with this team. There is no need for optimist to overlook that.

I personally just like to stay in that gray area. There are a lot of positives and negatives.

Section446

Reaction score
It's not winning but, more importantly, not changing. Trying the same thing over and over again till death do they part. That's what has this fan base so beaten down now.

There are hints of change though.

jnday

Reaction score
Well, they got their savior. The guy we passed on thankfully.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkmf8zFk0a_Vc4SBj6BAGtHz--wpL2fys3vNA_tkJziHOYXAZHFQ https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1iLSW6AmKVLOJe3BFyhgL-xgfxrVwuVDqZJ3h2HbvnfPMkYK_
Johnny-Manziel-girlfriend3.jpg
083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.JPG
10456761_10202157784173779_5904452502962635360_n.jpg

Drafting Johnny would have made me happy.

scottsp

Reaction score
No, I don't. That's because I'm not overly preoccupied with the opinions of other fans.

Indeed!

Both ends of the fan spectrum can be equally annoying, but I will never understand the obsession. The potbanger and pumper can certainly coexist, because we are not here to build consensus.

jnday

Reaction score
I personally just like to stay in that gray area. There are a lot of positives and negatives.

As of late, the negatives has outweighed the positives. The scales have been tipped. Most of it goes to Risen's comments about the same mistakes happening over and over.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yes...and basically in rebuild mode after two losing Decades, plus no change on the horizon for the failed 'process', beyond those ridiculously overwhelming facts, everything is glorious...especially for the rest of the NFC East.

What is hard is watching teams like SF and Seattle pass us by when they were stuck in mediocrity during the same time we were. Also having the mediocre NY Giants win 2 SBs at our expense hasn't helped either.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Cowboys used to be a great franchise. Now they're a laughing stock. Their popularity is still there but all substance for it is long gone.

The death certificate has gotten a little faded over the last 20 years but I can still make out the cause of death. Jerral Wayne Jones.

Some people read that and understand I hate it as much as anyone. Others read it as something I enjoy and they. must. defend. the. star.

What is wrong with defending the Star?

I see some things like this. Posters come here and complain about everything Cowboys and justify it on being watching losing seasons after losing seasons. But....l! If and when the Cowboys do start winning, they want to be the first at the table to eat the food.

Then there are the ones that use passive aggression, such as, "Romo sucks and always will...Jerry is a buffoon...the Stadium sucks because it's to big...the Cowboys will never ever win a SB...Garrett is worst coach ever...so on and so forth, day after day after day.

Then they pull the zinger after all that and end with "i hope I'm proven wrong".

If you hope you are proven wrong, why vetch everyday about the Cowboys? Nothing ever happens good if your outlook is negative all the time. At least being positive people will not have to eat crow about casting negativity day after day if/when the Cowboys become successful.

I will come here and post my disgust with the team if I want to....but if they win, I want some too! Right!

I don't want to plow the field, I don't want to plant the corn, I don't want to water the crops...but I sure as hell want to eat the dinner at the table!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
As of late, the negatives has outweighed the positives. The scales have been tipped. Most of it goes to Risen's comments about the same mistakes happening over and over.

I'll tell you one thing. If I saw any positives coming out of the actual games, I'd quit being so negative. It's just that it happens over and over again. Nothing changes. One of these years, maybe it will but I want to see it first. Talk is just cheap.

wileedog

Reaction score
I thought that Jerry letting Ware, Hatcher, and Austin walk were really good signs.

And trading up for Lawrence when we have so many holes to fill while reaching with the next pick for a backup/special teams player are both pretty much signature Jerry moves.

I think I'm going to wait on declaring the Old Regime overthrown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think so. That's just an easy excuse. I think the die hard negative Nancy's here will always be negative. True colors come out in the hard times.

What have you seen the past 4 seasons to positive about? You're so desperate for positives you tried spinning one out of Lee's season ending injury claiming it was a blessing in disguise and that he's a progress stopper. :rolleyes:

JBS

Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered that these same negative posters have been saying that we would win 6-8 games a year for the last 3 years and all the other posters bag on them all offseason just to come up w every excuse under the sun when the season finishes 8-8? Am i the only one who finds it weird that these people who bag on the 'negative nancies' never once come out and admit they were wrong about their 10-12 win predictions year after year. .

Which group of fans look silly to you? It looks pretty clear

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The negativity is telling of the current state of the team.

You have no clue what the current state of the team is! This season is a new season and a new team. smh

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Anyone ever wondered that these same negative posters have been saying that we would win 6-8 games a year for the last 3 years and all the other posters bag on them all offseason just to come up w every excuse under the sun when the season finishes 8-8? Am i the only one who finds it weird that these people who bag on the 'negative nancies' never once come out and admit they were wrong about their 10-12 win predictions year after year. .

Which group of fans look silly to you? It looks pretty clear

What's the difference? You want to think the Cowboys are 8-8 this season or worse, but it they win 9 or 10 games, now who is the dumb ***?

Status
Not open for further replies.