Video: Every Andy Dalton play

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
9 of 11 and 111 yards off the bench cold.

Biadasz gave Dalton a rough start.

First play for a sack was Biadasz getting beat bad.
Fumble at 0:47 - looks clear that Biadasz snaps early.

Martin hasn't moved a muscle and Biadasz has snapped the ball and it's already gone off Dalton's hands and is floating off in the air.

EkG2j6nU8AAqjAL

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
agree saw those stats afterwards and thought the same. Very decent for coming off the bench in an emotional and must win scenario to prevent a total mental collapse of the team

And that's after getting eaten by a sack on his first drop back, and then a quick snap for a fumble on another play.

Could have gotten flustered after those two plays, but played cool and pulled out a long drive to win the game. That some good backup QB play. Should only be better getting starter practice snaps.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dalton was a legit starter, he has talent and is better than a few starters in the league right now IMO.
He’s probably sharper with the cerebral side of the position than Dak because he’s been in the league 3x as long.
He does not have the athleticism or scrambling dynamic that Dak adds which generally equates to several third down conversions per game that we would’ve otherwise punted. We could be in much worse hands. The team didn’t seem to panic with him back there either which is a good sign.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
They can't see the comparisons between the throws.

Dalton was so much moored improved over Dak.

The very first fade in the end zone to Lamb was inside instead of outside. Every player twisted to catch passes Dak threw. That's been going on for years.

This is exactly what I have disliked about #4 from the beginning. His very first deep pass in a game was behind the receiver who almost had to stop to catch it costing the team a TD and it's been my major complaint about him. I'm glad to see that someone else sees this.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
9-11, QB rating of 108. I'll take that.

QB Ratings and QBR don't mean a thing to me. Yards and such are easy in todays NFL. It's about leading a team to a win that matters. Making THAT pass when you have to. Putting the ball in the right place. THAT is what this team has been lacking for several years now. #4 is a stud, no doubt, an excellent athlete, no doubt there either, but he's lacking in the one thing that makes GREAT QB's.....accuracy down the field. That has hurt this team in key moments and put this team in bad positions.
This team doesn't have a great defense. Hasn't in a while, but it is serviceable. They are on the field too much. The Cowboys need to make use of #21 and let him do what he did his rookie year and carry this team into the playoffs. Dalton can turn and hand the ball to Zeke just as good as anybody. Commit to the run game, use the clock, win 24 - 14 every week, I'm good with that.

All that said, I hope Dak recovers and signs a nice contract for next year......with anybody but the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me we're likely to be quite glad that we got Andy Dalton as our #2 QB.:thumbup:
Apparently, he happened along at a pretty fortuitous time. We could've done far worse! :grin:

I'm not inclined to find fault with Dak. I think he might very well have ended up winning for us!

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
That pocket presence at 1:10, going through all his progressions, was nice.. And his wind up and release is quick, unlike slow-motion Dak...

If Daks first option, by design isn't there, he panics

Andy will lead us deep.

Games will be fun to watch again.

#Dakwontgetpaid

mperfection

Reaction score
GOAT... Dak stans watching Dalton come in, while trashing him, only for him to start doing his thing, be like:

200.gif
This is plain silly. Dak has NOTHING to worry about with Dalton. Good bus driver? The rest of the season will tell...