Video: Every Brandin Cooks TD Since He was Drafted

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Elite speed there. Just wow. He’s burning everyone……Dak has never had anyone with that speed stretch the field. Should be fun to watch. Noticed that he bailed out Brees a lot after pressure was coming for him. Nice weapon to have.

What a weird career. Everyone speaks so highly of him….has great tape…has jumped around the league and produced with greats and not so great….

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
He is one of the top #2 WRs in the league. He is a credible threat and a far and away improvement from an injury-hampered Gallup and an inconsistent Noah Brown last year.

After our genius FO traded Coop for peanuts— we spent the rest of the season chasing a deficit at WR.

Cooks’ presence on the field will have a very nice trickle down effect as it will open things up for other players by giving them favorable matchups— but also by opening up the playbook because his speed and route running will allow us to run some plays we couldn’t last year due to limitations

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Safe to say this makes us better for 2023? My biggest worry is Cooks or Lamb gets injured and we go back to square 1 at WR. I expect Gallup to get better, and I think Jalen Moreno Cropper outperforms Tolbert in preseason.

Great stuff!

Speed, catches everything and he shreds one on one coverage. Interesting to see how different teams used him. He can do it all. PERFECT #2 WR. How good is Drew Brees? Just dropping those dimes in there. Accuracy!

CCBoy

Reaction score
He is one of the top #2 WRs in the league. He is a credible threat and a far and away improvement from an injury-hampered Gallup and an inconsistent Noah Brown last year.

After our genius FO traded Coop for peanuts— we spent the rest of the season chasing a deficit at WR.

Cooks’ presence on the field will have a very nice trickle down effect as it will open things up for other players by giving them favorable matchups— but also by opening up the playbook because his speed and route running will allow us to run some plays we couldn’t last year due to limitations
Cooks will force some one on one coverages to CD Lamb. Lamb is one of the top three receivers in the NFL in single coverage.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Elite #2? With 32 teams? How many WRs can you name better than him? He's a top 20 in my book. I think he'll be better than Cooper here.|

As far as WR depth, I think Gallup, Cropper and possibly Tolbert/Durden are our guys. I also think John Stephens may get some looks as sort of a WR/TE tweener.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Safe to say this makes us better for 2023? My biggest worry is Cooks or Lamb gets injured and we go back to square 1 at WR. I expect Gallup to get better, and I think Jalen Moreno Cropper outperforms Tolbert in preseason.

in my opinion the great thing about Brandon cooks he's a lot like Terrell Owens in the way that he keeps his body. I saw that dude working out shirtless with tolbert he is in ridiculous shape for his age and he's always been productive. so we get a guy who may be a little older but he's in such great shape I don't think it's going to matter... So yes I believe we're starting this season out way better than last year at wide receiver at any point in the year we have a CD Lam who look like he's turned a corner Michael Gallup most likely it's going to improve and now Brandon cooks..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm not super-concerned about that just because it's very hard to be four-deep in top-quality receivers. The problem last year was that we let one of our top three go and had a poor plan for replacing him. Now, with Cooks, we can actually let receivers like Tolbert, possibly Houston, Moreno Cropper, Durden develop and maybe produce a player who can step in without them having to be a player we're counting on immediately to step in.

Obviously, I'd prefer to have quality depth at every spot, but we're at least in a position this year to try to let our developing talent develop instead of throwing them to the wolves.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Elite #2? With 32 teams? How many WRs can you name better than him? He's a top 20 in my book. I think he'll be better than Cooper here.|

As far as WR depth, I think Gallup, Cropper and possibly Tolbert/Durden are our guys. I also think John Stephens may get some looks as sort of a WR/TE tweener.
More reliable at least than Cooper. Cooper always has fought lower-body injuries, so you never know when he's going to be slowed for a few games. I give him credit for playing through them but the times that he disappeared were mainly because of pulls, strains, fasciitis, etc. Those injuries have kept him from being an elite receiver IMO because he has good size, good speed and great route running. His hands are suspect at times, so that affects his play, but it's mainly the injuries.

Cooks has been remarkably healthy considering his size.

Motorola

Reaction score

During his long and productive career, Cooks has not been quite the scorer compared to a couple of his contemporaries that entered the NFL the same season - 2014:
Brandin Cooks___ 132 games, 49 TD Rec
Mike Evans___ 137 games, 81 TD TD Rec
Davante Adams__133 games, 87 TD Rec

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He should make us better, but I’m not going to get overly excited about him because this is his 10th year and he has bounced around. The Cowboys are his 5th team so I don’t expect him to be here very long. Maybe a couple of seasons.

Toro9

Reaction score
Elite speed there. Just wow. He’s burning everyone……Dak has never had anyone with that speed stretch the field. Should be fun to watch. Noticed that he bailed out Brees a lot after pressure was coming for him. Nice weapon to have.

What a weird career. Everyone speaks so highly of him….has great tape…has jumped around the league and produced with greats and not so great….
Yeah, I've never seen someone so productive get traded so much.

rambo2

Reaction score
Hopefully, the same old Cowboys crowd 27 years doesn't put the negative vibe jinx on him.

GINeric

Reaction score
Cooks will force some one on one coverages to CD Lamb. Lamb is one of the top three receivers in the NFL in single coverage.

I expect for us to face alot of zone coverages now. Dak will have to be on point and recognize the safety rolling coverage to Cook's side. Dak MUST take what the defense gives us and NOT unnecessarily force the ball.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I expect for us to face alot of zone coverages now. Dak will have to be on point and recognize the safety rolling coverage to Cook's side. Dak MUST take what the defense gives us and NOT unnecessarily force the ball.
The running backs will make them pay then...