Video: Every Brandin Cooks TD Since He was Drafted

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Top receivers are not unloaded by teams that need a top receiver. Four teams in four years. Apparently the teams that did have him were not “happy to have him”. Of course, the Cowboys have deluded themselves into believing he’s the best thing since oxygen. He isn’t and we both know it.
I mean for a 5th round pick you don't think this is a great pick up? I get what ur saying, but it seems to me like he was traded to teams that were willing to give up high picks for him. I dont blame those teams. With Gallup having a legit off season trying regimen I think this gives the Cowboys a really really good WR trio.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I mean for a 5th round pick you don't think this is a great pick up? I get what ur saying, but it seems to me like he was traded to teams that were willing to give up high picks for him. I dont blame those teams. With Gallup having a legit off season trying regimen I think this gives the Cowboys a really really good WR trio.
He is worth a fifth round draft pick. But pinning your hopes on a soon to be 30 year old wide receiver that hasn’t played a second year for a team in over three years is pretty shakey. It’s not what was given up it’s what you get when you’re trying to win a Super Bowl. The Cowboys gave up little and understandably got little in return.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He is worth a fifth round draft pick. But pinning your hopes on a soon to be 30 year old wide receiver that hasn’t played a second year for a team in over three years is pretty shakey. It’s not what was given up it’s what you get when you’re trying to win a Super Bowl. The Cowboys gave up little and understandably got little in return.
Idk man, Will Mcclay been pretty solid. I think now that the Garrett era is really over(with kellen leaving) I think we'll see some good ball from our boys. You from Crocoran CA?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Idk man, Will Mcclay been pretty solid. I think now that the Garrett era is really over(with kellen leaving) I think we'll see some good ball from our boys. You from Crocoran CA?
I live in Placerville, CA, now… after 23 years in Henderson/Las Vegas, NV. Grand kids have a strong appeal.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because they were compelled to unload him before his contract was up. If Cooks could be a difference maker why didn’t the Cowboys try to acquire him sooner? He’s a journeyman receiver. Slowing down, not particularly sure handed, full of himself. But Dallas is pinning their Super Bowl hopes on him and the 26th pick in the most recent draft. What could possibly go wrong?
I think they also think that guy who wears #21 is going to help some……I think his name is Gilmore….they think he’s an upgrade over Anthony Brown….probably not lol…….

As far as your misinformed opinion on Cooks…..

Why didn’t they try to get him sooner? They did. Texans wanted a first for him at the time…..

And the reason he’s never been a free agent is because teams unload him? That doesn’t even make sense and it’s not true. Texans literally just re-signed him a year ago.

Rams traded for him and gave him 81 million.

The lies……

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh this is crap. Don’t pretend like you’ve actually seen him play…..he hasn’t played a second year for a team in 3 years? He literally just played for his last team longer than 2 years are you sure you know who Brandin Cooks is? You seem confused?

Motorola

Reaction score
Adams and Evans had some very good QBs throwing to them, Cooks has been on 4 teams , some horrible QBs.
Correction- QBs for Brandin Cooks throughout his career:
1st 3 seasons - Drew Brees
4th season - Tom Brady
5th and 6th season - Jared Goff
7th season - Deshaun Watson
8fh season - Tyrod Taylor / Davis Mills
9th season - Davis Mills

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cooks played 3 years with the Texans, two years with the Rams, 1 year with the Patriots, 3 years with the Saints.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Correction- QBs for Brandin Cooks throughout his career:
1st 3 seasons - Drew Brees
4th season - Tom Brady
5th and 6th season - Jared Goff
7th season - Deshaun Watson
8fh season - Tyrod Taylor / Davis Mills
9th season - Davis Mills
Yeah year 8 and 9 were horrible.

Just looking over some of those teams his worst years and touchdowns came with Jared Goff, Davis Mills and Tyrod Taylor.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yeah year 8 and 9 were horrible.

Just looking over some of those teams his worst years and touchdowns came with Jared Goff, Davis Mills and Tyrod Taylor.
But even with Brees and Brady, Cooks never had prolific scoring seasons; top TD totals with those QBs were 9, 8, and 7.
Not once did he have a year he scored 10 TDs or more.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But even with Brees and Brady, Cooks never had prolific scoring seasons; top TD totals with those QBs were 9, 8, and 7.
Not once did he have a year he scored 10 TDs or more.
Is 10 the standard though? Julio Jones had a bunch of 4 or 5 touchdown seasons…..

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I hope Cooks isn't expecting the same kind of ball placement he got the majority of this video.
If only we could get those kind of throws consistently.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Solid #2 WR now.

He's in there with some big name WRs who are declining and who's reputation is bigger than their 2023 output will be...but he SHOULD be a better #2 than what we had last year....if he's healthy.

Concerning that his own team revoked him feom being a team captain mid-year, so hope he's not a cancer.

We'll see! He was definitely a very good player a few years ago.

Motorola

Reaction score
Is 10 the standard though? Julio Jones had a bunch of 4 or 5 touchdown seasons…..
Cooks is similar to Jones in that regard - WRs that had high volume pass catching seasons, but a low number of TDs during a number of those years - compared to some of their contemporaries - Adams, Evans, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant --- all whom had 3 seasons or more of 10+ TDs.
Didn't state it as a standard.
Was just comparing scoring among a few of the top WRs over the last dozen years or so - no more, no less.