Video: Every Brandin Cooks TD Since He was Drafted

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooks is similar to Jones in that regard - WRs that had high volume pass catching seasons, but a low number of TDs during a number of those years - compared to some of their contemporaries - Adams, Evans, Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant --- all whom had 3 seasons or more of 10+ TDs.
Didn't state it as a standard.
Was just comparing scoring among a few of the top WRs over the last dozen years or so - no more, no less.
Oh gotcha. Yeah I think his TDS are pretty standard…Adams and Evans and Dez are more possession guys to me.

blueblood70

Reaction score
During his long and productive career, Cooks has not been quite the scorer compared to a couple of his contemporaries that entered the NFL the same season - 2014:
Brandin Cooks___ 132 games, 49 TD Rec
Mike Evans___ 137 games, 81 TD TD Rec
Davante Adams__133 games, 87 TD Rec
and Magtron(83) and julio jones(63) have like while TO had 153 so TO has more then JJ and Megatron Combined,, heck TO has 30 more then larry Fitz lmao..it happens as both those players while great didnt find the endzone much,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh gotcha. Yeah I think his TDS are pretty standard…Adams and Evans and Dez are more possession guys to me.
Possession guys like ,Magtron(83) and julio jones(63) have like while TO had 153

so TO has more then JJ and Megatron Combined,, heck TO has 30 more then larry Fitz lmao. it happens as both those players while great didn't find the endzone much,

zerofill

Reaction score
Man Brees when he was on, after the receiver got open, he could really lay the ball in there perfect. Cooks should be fun to watch, but some of the ball placement by Brees was just frigging perfection.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Because they were compelled to unload him before his contract was up. If Cooks could be a difference maker why didn’t the Cowboys try to acquire him sooner? He’s a journeyman receiver. Slowing down, not particularly sure handed, full of himself. But Dallas is pinning their Super Bowl hopes on him and the 26th pick in the most recent draft. What could possibly go wrong?
This post is SO wrong where to begin? First off Dallas DID go after him earlier. They couldn't get the deal done. Slowing Down He's still running a sub 4.4 40 . Dallas isn't pinning their hopes on him or Mazi

They 're are pinning their hopes on Micah,Trevon,Gilmore Hankins, Lawrence and that top ranked defense. They're Are pinning their Super Bowl Hopes on a line that will straight maul you and Wide receiver corps with

Three 1000 yard receivers on it a top 10 rated Qb and a 1000 yard Back . I get it , you are just a fan of another team coming in here to rile up the dreaded Cowboys fanbase. But a word to the wise , Some of us know our team

So it you are gonna come with the smack talk, come hard or Go Home

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Man Brees when he was on, after the receiver got open, he could really lay the ball in there perfect. Cooks should be fun to watch, but some of the ball placement by Brees was just frigging perfection.
That is both true and false.

Concepts and situational play calling were also flawless.

He is a specialty player who is a coach's plaything, not a primary tool.

That stated, you have to truly appreciate the draft capital he has drawn.

And he has lived up to a good bit of it.

I also think he is a player of character. There is absolutely no diva involved.

You are correct, I think he will be fun to watch, depending on how he is deployed.

CCBoy

Reaction score
More reliable at least than Cooper. Cooper always has fought lower-body injuries, so you never know when he's going to be slowed for a few games. I give him credit for playing through them but the times that he disappeared were mainly because of pulls, strains, fasciitis, etc. Those injuries have kept him from being an elite receiver IMO because he has good size, good speed and great route running. His hands are suspect at times, so that affects his play, but it's mainly the injuries.

Cooks has been remarkably healthy considering his size.
Darrel Green kept his speed to retirement at age 42!

CCBoy

Reaction score
I expect for us to face alot of zone coverages now. Dak will have to be on point and recognize the safety rolling coverage to Cook's side. Dak MUST take what the defense gives us and NOT unnecessarily force the ball.
If the offense can keep their linebackers guessing and on their heels...that won't be the issue.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Safe to say this makes us better for 2023? My biggest worry is Cooks or Lamb gets injured and we go back to square 1 at WR. I expect Gallup to get better, and I think Jalen Moreno Cropper outperforms Tolbert in preseason.

His career with the Saints wearing no. 10 was like Tyreek Hill in KC.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
But even with Brees and Brady, Cooks never had prolific scoring seasons; top TD totals with those QBs were 9, 8, and 7.
Not once did he have a year he scored 10 TDs or more.
How many TDs do you think WR get? Only 3 WR in the league had 10+ TD last season. Only 14 had more than 5.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
A WR like Cooks is never going to be an elite red zone threat. His game is quickness and speed and those don't count so much when space is limited. We like other successful teams utilize TE and the running game in the red zone.

What the speed element does is require to either keep a S back or your CB playing off and/or bailing hard not to mention the big pays. The cliche for easy understand is "stretching the field opens up the offense." Further, we already have a 1300 yd 9 TD WR so we are not going to ask him to be WR1.

This thread is just another example of malcontents finding an impossible standard to insist on.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A WR like Cooks is never going to be an elite red zone threat. His game is quickness and speed and those don't count so much when space is limited. We like other successful teams utilize TE and the running game in the red zone.

What the speed element does is require to either keep a S back or your CB playing off and/or bailing hard not to mention the big pays. The cliche for easy understand is "stretching the field opens up the offense." Further, we already have a 1300 yd 9 TD WR so we are not going to ask him to be WR1.

This thread is just another example of malcontents finding an impossible standard to insist on.
I agree, his talents will do more for Lamb and Gallup than his statline will indicate

ZzobZOz.jpg

Cooks had the worst penchant for negative EPA plays in the entire league last year; comes with the territory of being a boom or bust deep threat. But that shouldn’t deflect from what he can do to the rest of the offense by forcing defenses to constantly be on their toes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Safe to say this makes us better for 2023? My biggest worry is Cooks or Lamb gets injured and we go back to square 1 at WR. I expect Gallup to get better, and I think Jalen Moreno Cropper outperforms Tolbert in preseason.

Seems a lot like a great receiving RB. Looks small but thick.

Looks like another gimmick WR/RB, though much more WR with this one.

Nav22

Reaction score
4+ days later and still no thread title fix? Bandin Cooks?

C'mon, mods.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

JM-C or Semi Fehoko...why do we even need Lamb and Cooks...