Video: Every Cooper Rush Pass/Run Thus Far

drawandstrike

Reaction score
If Rush keeps playing like this, especially with the starters at some point, I think trying to stash him on the PS would be unwise. So many bad QBs in this league, someone will scoop him and stash him on the 53.

Look how long it takes for some highly prized QB's to adjust to this league. Goff is still struggling in year 2. He looked awful last night. The Rams backup Mannion looked far better than him.

A kid that can step in and show he can hit the ground running at this level is a valuable asset, drafted or not. In limited action he's led 3 scoring drives for 17 pts. And he's playing with receivers he's not familiar with yet. Last year Dak showed us this in his very first preseason game. And he got stronger as the preseason went on. If we get this 2 years in a row now with Cooper Rush, give the entire scouting staff a raise.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
One thing that's stopping me from getting too excited is his senior year stats. A 23/16 TD/INT ratio isn't very impressive, and the sub 60% completion rate is concerning.

Maybe someone who's more familiar with him can explain the regression in his stats.

Also want to see more of him when his first read is taken away. Seems to go to his first read a lot, and it's been working well. But want to see how he fares when his first and second reads are taken away.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
One thing that's stopping me from getting too excited is his senior year stats. A 23/16 TD/INT ratio isn't very impressive, and the sub 60% completion rate is concerning.

Maybe someone who's more familiar with him can explain the regression in his stats.

Also want to see more of him when his first read is taken away. Seems to go to his first read a lot, and it's been working well. But want to see how he fares when his first and second reads are taken away.

He did have his first read taken away a few times. One time he ran the ball, 2 other times he checked down to the #2 guy. There are a LOT of college QB's that come into this league and DO NOT hit the ground running & lead their team to 17 pts in their first 6-7 drives. You can play or you can't. This kid has shown he can play. As we saw on Saturday night, the Rams are STILL waiting for the light to click on for Goff.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Best backup since Matt Moore.

Does not mean much more than that.

And no, even though we screwed up exposing Moore to waivers, that does not mean we should do it here as a make up.

I am not even indulging anyone in a debate on whether he is superior to Moore.

It does not matter.

Moore will make this team. I don't care if Rush levitated above the field and scored seven individual TDs next week against the Colts.

I just don't think we have the numbers to allow ourselves a third QB.

We have too many suspended players and too many other roster trap doors that make that impossible.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
He did have his first read taken away a few times. One time he ran the ball, 2 other times he checked down to the #2 guy. There are a LOT of college QB's that come into this league and DO NOT hit the ground running & lead their team to 17 pts in their first 6-7 drives. You can play or you can't. This kid has shown he can play. As we saw on Saturday night, the Rams are STILL waiting for the light to click on for Goff.
3 plays is such a small sample size though. I want to see more.
Best backup since Matt Moore.

Does not mean much more than that.

And no, even though we screwed up exposing Moore to waivers, that does not mean we should do it here as a make up.

I am not even indulging anyone in a debate on whether he is superior to Moore.

It does not matter.

Moore will make this team. I don't care if Rush levitated above the field and scored seven individual TDs next week against the Colts.

I just don't think we have the numbers to allow ourselves a third QB.

We have too many suspended players and too many other roster trap doors that make that impossible.
Kitna and Orton would like a word with you.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Kitna and Orton would like a word with you.

I don't know what I would have to say to either other than ask them if they were still cashing checks from Jones.

And good luck with the Waxahachie HS team, Jon and Kyle, the Jack Daniels is over at the bar, feel free to take the bottle if you want it.

lwehlers

Reaction score
rush did a better job of not throwing off his back foot more in his second game then the first. maybe a year practicing more he will learn to step into his passes more to put more velocity on the ball. I like him and hope that he can be solid backup to dak. I also agree that I do not know if we can keep him with all of the roster spots taken by the suspended players. maybe I do not know the roster rules with suspended players.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
rush did a better job of not throwing off his back foot more in his second game then the first. maybe a year practicing more he will learn to step into his passes more to put more velocity on the ball. I like him and hope that he can be solid backup to dak. I also agree that I do not know if we can keep him with all of the roster spots taken by the suspended players. maybe I do not know the roster rules with suspended players.
Don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. Romo needed THREE YEARS to get ready to start from 2003-2006.

While this kid has hit the ground running so far, it's true he needs plenty of work. Romo spent 3 full seasons fixing his sidearm throwing motion, and he STILL had plenty of balls batted back in his face from around 2006-2008 until it was all fixed and he elevated his passes.

I'm just saying it LOOKS thus far as if we have a QB in camp who hit the ground running in the NFL for the second year in a row. Last year it was Dak, this year it's Cooper Rush. That's a good situation to be in.

If we didn't have Cooper Rush here, in 2 games all we'd have seen thus far is Moore and McCown. There'd be no excitement whatsoever and plenty of people pretty darn worried about what happens if Dak goes down.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

I cant really speak to the reads taken away because I only saw t a few times- he did a nice
Job of using his eyes on the Rico Touchdown.

As far as the int ratio and completion percentage in college, I wouldn't read too much into it. A lot of the times he is going against better competition everywhere else and would be under constant pressure.

Look at Matt Ryan's int ratio in college- even Jameis was bad. Deshaun Watson threw a lot of bits. I think it has more to do with the system than anything else.