Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

dfense

Reaction score
If you compare Dak’s first two full seasons vs Romo, Dak had a higher completion percentage. Tony also threw almost 4 times as many INT’s in his first full year as Dak did.
I would have went with the rushing TD's myself. Dak crushed him there. :)

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This video is complete garbage. First off there are a bunch of balls that were drops. Hit him in the hands and dropped. Second there are a few where Dez slips during the route. Third Dak is forcing passes in because the Man Baby is freaking out on the sidelines. Fourth this video provides zero insight into the routes he was supposed to run. Fifth Dez is never open. Watch Antonio Brown. That guy is usually a couple yards clear when the ball is delivered. Coaching scheme or route running? It is both. What this video shows is Dak having a small pocket to fit passes into a receiver that is NEVER open.

It shocks me that people can’t see this.

dfense

Reaction score
Did you even read his post you quoted?
yes, Watching a 10 minute detailed video of mosty bad QBing. Everything you can think of and a lot of stuff I didn't even notice. But 95% of his reply is Dez this Dez that. I get it. People see what they want to see.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
yes, Watching a 10 minute detailed video of mosty bad QBing. Everything you can think of and a lot of stuff I didn't even notice. But 95% of his reply is Dez this Dez that. I get it. People see what they want to see.

LOL. Details aren't your strong suit, are they? The video is almost 15 minutes and I specifically mentioned I watched about 6.5 minutes of it. I also mentioned it was both players fault and I specifically said why my response was geared towards Dez. Are you sure you read it? Are you smart enough to comprehend it OR are YOU the one who wants to see what you want to see?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The issue is the information disconnect. Some fans are so clingy to Romo's nuts that they are completely oblivious of fans who support who's playing and also give them criticism. Same with Dez.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
If you compare Dak’s first two full seasons vs Romo, Dak had a higher completion percentage. Tony also threw almost 4 times as many INT’s in his first full year as Dak did.
They are also better than Roger Staubach and Joe Montana, is he better than them too? It’s embarrasing how people can be so ignorant about how statistics work, but it’s understandable given the source and his track record with common sense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dak
1st season: 23
2nd season: 22

Tony
1st season (full season): 36
2nd season: 26

You act like the difference is night and day. Dak had a lot less INT’s and a better average QBR overall in his first two seasons. Give it up.
lol, did you even show up to math class? It *is* night and day. He had 17 more TDs in 3 less games, 10 years ago to boot when touchdowns were thrown at a lower clip. As a matter fact Romo had more TDs than anyone else in the league over those 2 years (tied with Brees for 1st). Meanwhile Dak was at the bottom of the league for TD passes these last two years.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. You just don’t have a firm enough grasp on either these numbers, or reality.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Xwalker, not one even mild criticism of Dak in your whole post. And you watched that video? You are the definition of a homer.
About 80% is the fault of Dez with the remaining being on Dak; however, Dez is a veteran with a huge contract. Dak was a 2nd year QB in 2017. Romo was still in the bench in year 2.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This video is complete garbage. First off there are a bunch of balls that were drops. Hit him in the hands and dropped. Second there are a few where Dez slips during the route. Third Dak is forcing passes in because the Man Baby is freaking out on the sidelines. Fourth this video provides zero insight into the routes he was supposed to run. Fifth Dez is never open. Watch Antonio Brown. That guy is usually a couple yards clear when the ball is delivered. Coaching scheme or route running? It is both. What this video shows is Dak having a small pocket to fit passes into a receiver that is NEVER open.

It shocks me that people can’t see this.
:hammer:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, did you even show up to math class? It *is* night and day. He had 17 more TDs in 3 less games, 10 years ago to boot when touchdowns were thrown at a lower clip. As a matter fact Romo had more TDs than anyone else in the league over those 2 years (tied with Brees for 1st). Meanwhile Dak was at the bottom of the league for TD passes these last two years.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. You just don’t have a firm enough grasp on either these numbers, or reality.
Technically Romo was on the bench his first two seasons...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The most concerning non-catches (for the snowflakes) is the ones in traffic that Dez just plain and simply dropped. The ball was right there in a perfect spot to catch and he either got spooked from defenders or tried the eyes closed thingy Michael Jordan did at the foul line. Only he failed. Gotta catch them.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
He is a second year QB. How laughably naive can you possibly be? I would say that what he did the first 24 games of his career was pretty amazing for a first and second year QB. I definitely call that putting a team on his back. Now was he able to excel with an unreliable run game, poor receivers, a bad offense, poor coaching, a bad defense, and a underperforming Oline? Nope. But he has already proven what he can do with the pieces around him.

Again, if your so dumb that your comparing him to Tom Brady then your more clueless that I thought. He will never be that type of QB.

I come at you because your opinions are so completely out of left field wrong. And Im sick and tired of listening to you Romo cry babies bash a great young QB. Might as well go root for another team because Dak isnt going anywhere. Now you want to cut up garbage like Garrett, Heath, Chaz Green, ect...ect.... then be my guest. They do suck. But continue to cut up a great young QB we are lucky to have and Ill continue to laugh in your face and call you out.

At least shut up and give the young kid another year. Are you really going to continue to sprew your stupidity day in and day out?
The offense runs through Zeke not Dak. He is a very good QB when everything around him is working just like many others. How naive do you have to be to write Dak was carrying this team for his first 24 games. Absolutely unbelievable...your opinion is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offense runs through Zeke not Dak. He is a very good QB when everything around him is working just like many others. How naive do you have to be to write Dak was carrying this team for his first 24 games. Absolutely unbelievable...your opinion is.

Correct, the offense runs through Zeke and the run game. That is exactly why we don't need some high flying, gunslinging risk taking QB in control of the offense. Add a good defense to what we already have and some maturity from Dak and we are good to go. Now I still have major doubts that we can win anything with Garrett as the head coach. Dak was breaking records before the Oline and Zeke went south. And to say "everything has to be right" for dak to succeed us just plain laughable. He had a:

1. great run game
2. great oline

He didnt have

1. great coaching
2. great receivers
3. great scheme
4. great defense

In an offense built around the run game and coaches that dont know how to adjust or tailer an offense to a different QB, its no wonder Dak struggled as a 2nd year QB once the ONLY two things he could rely on went south.

Write off Dak all you want. You will be made a fool of just like you were made a fool of when Dak lit it up his rookie year and Romo never got another start. Your obviously just another Romo cry baby that cant handle it. Get over it, Romo is in the booth.

Reactions: G2

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, you are an angry jerk. There's a fact for you. Feel free to flag me ignore.

LOL....Im tickled pink about our great young QB. Whats your excuse? Trolling the board over a has been QB that quit and is now in the booth?

Talk about pathetic.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Xwalker, not one even mild criticism of Dak in your whole post. And you watched that video? You are the definition of a homer.

How hilarious is it that you stick up for some over the hill, horrid route running, over paid has been like Dez, but you hate on a great young QB. Breaking NFL history records in his first 24 starts. LOL

Talk about wrong way joker? Dak is a 4th round pick getting paid not even a million a year and Dez is getting 17 million a year and he cant even get open. LOL

Maybe you should just crawl under a rock for the next 10 years. NO one will miss your nonsense around here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The post you quoted was not a defense of Dez Bryant.

During the season, some people tried to explain the drop in Bryant's production by claiming that too many of his targets weren't catchable. If they'd looked around the league, they'd have seen that Dez's rate of catchable targets was slightly above average for an outside WR. The problem is that not all of a player's catchable targets are actually caught. Dez's production went down because his drop rate was so high, and his TD rate wasn't what it was in previous seasons, including his only other season with Prescott.

2014 Romo
to Bryant 92 of 132 (69.7%) 1391 yd (10.5 ypa) 15 td 5 int 126.2
to everybody else 246 of 353 (69.7%) 2798 yd (7.9 ypa) 23 td 4 int 110.2

2016 Prescott
to Bryant 59 of 110 (53.6%) 928 yd (8.4 ypa) 10 td 3 int 100.9
to everybody else 276 of 387 (71.3%) 3041 yd (7.9 ypa) 16 td 2 int 105.8

2017 Prescott (all games)
to Bryant 68 of 131 (51.9%) 830 yd (6.3 ypa) 6 td 5 td 71.1
to everybody else 240 of 359 (66.9%) 2494 yd (6.9 ypa) 16 td 8 int 92.3

2017 Prescott (w/ all 5 starting OL)
to Bryant 48 of 86 (55.8%) 632 yd (7.3 ypa) 6 td 3 int 87.9
to everybody else 164 of 252 (65.1%) 1832 yd (7.3 ypa) 15 td 3 int 101.4

Romo is in the booth buddy. And Romo was a better throwing QB then Dak. Time to accept them both and get over it. Dak is a different kind of QB. None of that has anything to do with the fact that Dez is declining, has trouble getting open now, and is over paid.

Dak and him have a bad connection. Romo had a better one. Dez was also younger then. When Dez was out in his rookie year he didnt miss a beat. No sense paying a WR 17 million a year that isnt in tune with our new young franchise QB. Time to tailer the offense to Dak. And that involves getting him the kind of receivers he likes. NOT DEZ.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The most concerning non-catches (for the snowflakes) is the ones in traffic that Dez just plain and simply dropped. The ball was right there in a perfect spot to catch and he either got spooked from defenders or tried the eyes closed thingy Michael Jordan did at the foul line. Only he failed. Gotta catch them.

Which is why you can't put all the blame on Dak or coaching.

This is a complex issue but anyone trying to blame it all on 1 thing is not being reasonable.

Dez Deserves blame.

Dak deserves blame. ( I have no doubt Dez would still be regarded as top 3 if he still had Romo)

Coaching deserves blame. ( One of the best YAC WR's ever and like TO we shy away from getting him in those situations)

Injuries as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

not sure if posted here.. worth the watch.

this was a nice compilation. but in reality, its a mixed bag. There is no denying that Dak had accuracy issues. as I watched and rewatched, when in the pocket, his foot work is inconsistent and leads to balls sailing or sinking on him. he still has work to do there....he is natural throwing the ball on the run and he is very comfortable. With that said, Dez has some work to do...he has to take some blame here. his route running is not as sharp, he is a little slower in and out of his cuts. He did drop a few passes and his best trait was his hands. he seems frustrated and brings that to the field and effects his play. some of the balls that were thrown high, I believe was done purposely as dez was clearly covered and had no chance and the balls were thrown high.

both of these guys need to work in the offseason to get their timing down. Dez had that with Romo