Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

not sure if posted here.. worth the watch.

Even if Romo was still here and in his prime, Dez would need to go. Guys like me have been complaining that Dez was not worth the money 3 years ago from the moment he got it. And with Romo in his last year he was hurt and the same lame Dez Bryant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Which is why you can't put all the blame on Dak or coaching.

This is a complex issue but anyone trying to blame it all on 1 thing is not being reasonable.

Dez Deserves blame.

Dak deserves blame. ( I have no doubt Dez would still be regarded as top 3 if he still had Romo)

Coaching deserves blame. ( One of the best YAC WR's ever and like TO we shy away from getting him in those situations)

Injuries as well.

Nailed it..........they all deserve blame. Zeke probably most of all. All these Dak haters claim that Zeke is the real leader on offense. The offense runs through Zeke and the run game. And they are correct. But then they have that dumb look on their face and wonder why Dak struggled when Zeke went out. LOL

Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Which is why you can't put all the blame on Dak or coaching.

This is a complex issue but anyone trying to blame it all on 1 thing is not being reasonable.

Dez Deserves blame.

Dak deserves blame. ( I have no doubt Dez would still be regarded as top 3 if he still had Romo)

Coaching deserves blame. ( One of the best YAC WR's ever and like TO we shy away from getting him in those situations)

Injuries as well.
If you read any of my posts you would know I agree 100%. Well, I'm not sure Dez is a top 3 WR with any QB, but that's my opinion. Bottom line is there were multiple factors in the decline of the offense.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you read any of my posts you would know I agree 100%. Well, I'm not sure Dez is a top 3 WR with any QB, but that's my opinion. Bottom line is there were multiple factors in the decline of the offense.

Dez was ridiculous with Romo.

He was the best WR or TE in the league at catching Touchdowns. Nobody was better at putting points on the board then Dez Bryant.

Those days are gone for him as a Cowboy but I still think he has it in him but the situation just won't allow it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez was ridiculous with Romo.

He was the best WR or TE in the league at catching Touchdowns. Nobody was better at putting points on the board then Dez Bryant.

Those days are gone for him as a Cowboy but I still think he has it in him but the situation just won't allow it.
Slight exaggeration IMO. Dez led the league in TDs one season in his career. And that's the only stat he led (2014). TDs aren't the only thing that makes a WR elite.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Romo is in the booth buddy. And Romo was a better throwing QB then Dak. Time to accept them both and get over it. Dak is a different kind of QB. None of that has anything to do with the fact that Dez is declining, has trouble getting open now, and is over paid.

Dak and him have a bad connection. Romo had a better one. Dez was also younger then. When Dez was out in his rookie year he didnt miss a beat. No sense paying a WR 17 million a year that isnt in tune with our new young franchise QB. Time to tailer the offense to Dak. And that involves getting him the kind of receivers he likes. NOT DEZ.
I'm going to try for a a second (and last) time to explain to you that the posts you're quoting aren't a defense of Bryant.

Dez's production went down in 2017 because his drop rate was so high, and his TD rate wasn't what it was in previous seasons, including his only other season with Prescott. That means he dropped a lot of passes in 2017, and the guy who was throwing them (Dak) was the same QB who had a 100.9 rating when targeting him the year before, throwing him virtually the same rate of catchable passes as the year before when you remove the first 4 games of that QB's career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm going to try for a a second (and last) time to explain to you that the posts you're quoting aren't a defense of Bryant.

Dez's production went down in 2017 because his drop rate was so high, and his TD rate wasn't what it was in previous seasons, including his only other season with Prescott. That means he dropped a lot of passes in 2017, and the guy who was throwing them (Dak) was the same QB who had a 100.9 rating when targeting him the year before, throwing him virtually the same rate of catchable passes as the year before when you remove the first 4 games of that QB's career.

Dez is getting old and fading. And he is now with a QB that doesnt enjoy throwing to receivers that are covered. I dont blame him. You will have to excuse Dak if he didnt have 7 years to work with Dez when he was in his prime like Romo did. We dont have 7 years anymore. And Dez is overpaid even if Romo was still here. Time to get rid of him. Its as obvious as it can get.

dfense

Reaction score
The issue is the information disconnect. Some fans are so clingy to Romo's nuts that they are completely oblivious of fans who support who's playing and also give them criticism. Same with Dez.
Romo should have nothing to do with the conversation. Every conversation about Dak turns into a Romo comparison. Romo is gone. I see Goff, Wentz and other second year QBs leaving Dak in the dust. The only thing I see Dak doing well is running for scores. He has gotten worse in every other faze of QBing in his second year. How people cannot accept that fact is hilarious. He deserves the criticism as does every player.

dfense

Reaction score
Romo's short and curlies are a special bunch.
Yes, throw Romo into the mix. Always the last resort. I guess some people are satisfied with average. I bet his yogurt commercials are going to be awesome.

dfense

Reaction score
LOL. Details aren't your strong suit, are they? The video is almost 15 minutes and I specifically mentioned I watched about 6.5 minutes of it. I also mentioned it was both players fault and I specifically said why my response was geared towards Dez. Are you sure you read it? Are you smart enough to comprehend it OR are YOU the one who wants to see what you want to see?
Thought it was shorter. Horror stories fly by.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo should have nothing to do with the conversation. Every conversation about Dak turns into a Romo comparison. Romo is gone. I see Goff, Wentz and other second year QBs leaving Dak in the dust. The only thing I see Dak doing well is running for scores. He has gotten worse in every other faze of QBing in his second year. How people cannot accept that fact is hilarious. He deserves the criticism as does every player.
I don't think you're in full possession of the facts. I was responding to those who can't help but to compare and bring up Romo. Try keeping up.

dfense

Reaction score
LOL....Im tickled pink about our great young QB. Whats your excuse? Trolling the board over a has been QB that quit and is now in the booth?

Talk about pathetic.
Ha ha YOU bring Romo into your discussions defending Dak. Then, you rip the poster and try and belittle them with personal shots for arguing YOUR comparison and blame them for the Romo comparisons. Hilarious. You have a future in politics.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thought it was shorter. Horror stories fly by.
That explains part of it. Let me give you some free advice...stop thinking so much and actually learn what you are talking about before typing. You’re not a very good thinker apparently.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yes, throw Romo into the mix. Always the last resort. I guess some people are satisfied with average. I bet his yogurt commercials are going to be awesome.
Wonder if Dak’s can mmercials will help him like Romo’s DirecTV commercial helped him. You went and learned how to make crownies, didn’t you?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ha ha YOU bring Romo into your discussions defending Dak. Then, you rip the poster and try and belittle them with personal shots for arguing YOUR comparison and blame them for the Romo comparisons. Hilarious. You have a future in politics.

I dont mind talking to rational posters about the two of them. I liked both Romo and Dak very much and have defended both of them during their times here. Defended them both against haters like you. They are very different QB's. If your hoping for Dak to be a gunslinger like Romo then you will always be disappointed.