Video: Every Dez Bryant Incompletion from 17

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Why Romo? It would make a lot more sense for it to be GM Jerry's.

Because nobody believes Jerry will win, but many are confident Romo would have won, sort of like Eagles fans. The Eagles finally broke through and now Romo is the new "would be champion" by the fans. They no longer have to talk about being able to win, they actually won. Talk is the only thing left for Romo.

Gator88

Reaction score
Because nobody believes Jerry will win, but many are confident Romo would have won, sort of like Eagles fans. The Eagles finally broke through and now Romo is the new "would be champion" by the fans. They no longer have to talk about being able to win, they actually won. Talk is the only thing left for Romo.
Considering the teams Romo had, nobody should have expected him to win it all. Even better QBs like Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton only won 1 ring in their prime with much better supporting casts than Romo ever had. People are being incredibly dumb if Romo is getting blame for not winning it all when he never had a real chance.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Considering the teams Romo had, nobody should have expected him to win it all. Even better QBs like Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton only won 1 ring in their prime with much better supporting casts than Romo ever had. People are being incredibly dumb if Romo is getting blame for not winning it all when he never had a real chance.

I know. That's why he is the "would be Champion".

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Correct, the offense runs through Zeke and the run game. That is exactly why we don't need some high flying, gunslinging risk taking QB in control of the offense. Add a good defense to what we already have and some maturity from Dak and we are good to go. Now I still have major doubts that we can win anything with Garrett as the head coach. Dak was breaking records before the Oline and Zeke went south. And to say "everything has to be right" for dak to succeed us just plain laughable. He had a:

1. great run game
2. great oline

He didnt have

1. great coaching
2. great receivers
3. great scheme
4. great defense

In an offense built around the run game and coaches that dont know how to adjust or tailer an offense to a different QB, its no wonder Dak struggled as a 2nd year QB once the ONLY two things he could rely on went south.

Write off Dak all you want. You will be made a fool of just like you were made a fool of when Dak lit it up his rookie year and Romo never got another start. Your obviously just another Romo cry baby that cant handle it. Get over it, Romo is in the booth.
Well at least this rebuttal is well put together and not quite as offensive as your previous ones. Now let’s gets some things straight since it is very clear you’re lumping me in with others.
1. I have never said anything against Dak’s ability. I think he is a very good QB when everything is in place and running smoothly. He lights up the scoreboard in these games.
2. I agree 100% his coaching staff is below league average and clearly can’t manage a game when it matters or the team they are facing is better.
3. None of my posts even mentioned Romo. While I think this organization wasted his time here I moved on when he retired.
4. As a true Cowboys I root and pull for all the players.
5. My only issues with Dak;
A. Coaching
B. The giants his rookie year and the majority of games last year he struggled. He struggled with accuracy, decision making, and most of all leadership. I explained this in a post several months ago. He clearly has no confidence and this is evident in his eyes. He’s lost the eye of the tiger and needs to find it. He doesn’t have the eye you saw in Aikman, Brady, Montana, Marino, and others. Does he need it to get his team to a SB? No I don’t think so Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles don’t scream ultra talented QB. I want Dak to succeed and win it all right now in his present state of games I just don’t see it. I think we will continue to see a very good QB who continues to excel when all facets around him are running correctly if they are not hopefully others around him will pick him up and if they don’t we will be watching more games like Seattle this past year. All I can go on is his body of work thus far. I saw a kid who sulked a lot on the sidelines last year. I didnt see him up and down the sidelines rallying his troops and putting the team on his back. To be a leader you have to know how to lead and right now I a man not seeing that from Dak. Hopefully along with his accuracy he continues to mature in this area as well. Make no mistake I am rooting for this kid to take it to the next level.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well at least this rebuttal is well put together and not quite as offensive as your previous ones. Now let’s gets some things straight since it is very clear you’re lumping me in with others.
1. I have never said anything against Dak’s ability. I think he is a very good QB when everything is in place and running smoothly. He lights up the scoreboard in these games.
2. I agree 100% his coaching staff is below league average and clearly can’t manage a game when it matters or the team they are facing is better.
3. None of my posts even mentioned Romo. While I think this organization wasted his time here I moved on when he retired.
4. As a true Cowboys I root and pull for all the players.
5. My only issues with Dak;
A. Coaching
B. The giants his rookie year and the majority of games last year he struggled. He struggled with accuracy, decision making, and most of all leadership. I explained this in a post several months ago. He clearly has no confidence and this is evident in his eyes. He’s lost the eye of the tiger and needs to find it. He doesn’t have the eye you saw in Aikman, Brady, Montana, Marino, and others. Does he need it to get his team to a SB? No I don’t think so Dilfer, Flacco, and Foles don’t scream ultra talented QB. I want Dak to succeed and win it all right now in his present state of games I just don’t see it. I think we will continue to see a very good QB who continues to excel when all facets around him are running correctly if they are not hopefully others around him will pick him up and if they don’t we will be watching more games like Seattle this past year. All I can go on is his body of work thus far. I saw a kid who sulked a lot on the sidelines last year. I didnt see him up and down the sidelines rallying his troops and putting the team on his back. To be a leader you have to know how to lead and right now I a man not seeing that from Dak. Hopefully along with his accuracy he continues to mature in this area as well. Make no mistake I am rooting for this kid to take it to the next level.

Yah, again..........you keep talking about the last 8 games like it was the whole season. The first 8 games Dak was on pace for40 TD's and 4000 yards. He was not "struggling" as you put it. He was actually lighting it up. Save the Denver game. If your saying things werent as perfect as 2016, so what? The line was clearly worse from the beginning of the year. And certainly the coaching staff changed nothing and teams caught up to a degree.

And comparing him to Marino, Montana, ect....ect..... shows again how out of touch you are on all this. Hes not going to be any of those guys. As far a leadership and all that I cant disagree more. There was no accuracy issues whatsoever the first 24 games of his career. The big problems started when Zeke got suspended and Smith want out. Its plain as day. Dak tanked like the entire team tanked.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The first 8 games Dak was on pace for40 TD's and 4000 yards.

You have to update your math. He was on pace for 32 touchdowns and 3636 yards after 8 games.

I don't think Dak is near the problem people want to make him out to be, but inflating his projections by 10% - 25% won't help make a case.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You have to update your math. He was on pace for 32 touchdowns and 3636 yards after 8 games.

I don't think Dak is near the problem people want to make him out to be, but inflating his projections by 10% - 25% won't help make a case.

He is counting Rushing yards and touchdowns into that math.

I am not necessarily a fan of adding the rushing yards. But the TD’s I think are fair, as I do think it’s safe to say he is a valid threat to score, running the football. Which is one of the “strengths” he brings to the team.

Either way, his first half of the season wasn’t bad. He did have some accuracy issues in the first half of the year. But overall his performance was very good.

The second half of the year was very bad.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He is counting Rushing yards and touchdowns into that math.

I am not necessarily a fan of adding the rushing yards. But the TD’s I think are fair, as I do think it’s safe to say he is a valid threat to score, running the football. Which is one of the “strengths” he brings to the team.

Either way, his first half of the season wasn’t bad. He did have some accuracy issues in the first half of the year. But overall his performance was very good.

The second half of the year was very bad.

Got it. That makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

He’s baking in rushing touchdowns and passing them off as passing touchdowns. Which frankly is a lot less dumb than trying to make a projection off of 8 games. I think Alex Smith was on pace to win the MVP with 32 TDs and 0 INTs after 8 games. Obviously that didn’t happen. If you stick around long enough, one thing you’ll learn about CowboyRoy is that he is always lying about something.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Are you including rushing yards and rushing TD's?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yah, again..........you keep talking about the last 8 games like it was the whole season. The first 8 games Dak was on pace for40 TD's and 4000 yards. He was not "struggling" as you put it. He was actually lighting it up. Save the Denver game. If your saying things werent as perfect as 2016, so what? The line was clearly worse from the beginning of the year. And certainly the coaching staff changed nothing and teams caught up to a degree.

And comparing him to Marino, Montana, ect....ect..... shows again how out of touch you are on all this. Hes not going to be any of those guys. As far a leadership and all that I cant disagree more. There was no accuracy issues whatsoever the first 24 games of his career. The big problems started when Zeke got suspended and Smith want out. Its plain as day. Dak tanked like the entire team tanked.
I rest my case as I compared both seasons. The stats speak for themselves I recommend a thorough review on your part. Take care.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I rest my case as I compared both seasons. The stats speak for themselves I recommend a thorough review on your part. Take care.

the case that is rested is the real case. Dak was still balling until Zeke and Smith went out. Your claim that all of 2017 was horrible for Dak and the offense is about as blind and agenda driven as it gets.

Your case has been found wonton.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why Romo? It would make a lot more sense for it to be GM Jerry's.
It would make zero sense because Jones, love him or hate him has 3 SB trophies. What would make sense is for it to actually someone who has never won anything. That is of course if you don't take residence under his nuts.

Gator88

Reaction score
It would make zero sense because Jones, love him or hate him has 3 SB trophies. What would make sense is for it to actually someone who has never won anything. That is of course if you don't take residence under his nuts.
GM Jerry never won anything. Jimmy was the one that built those super bowl teams, so yes it does make more sense to blame Jerry for the 20+ years of ineptitude rather than a guy that wasn't even here for half of that ineptitude.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
GM Jerry never won anything. Jimmy was the one that built those super bowl teams, so yes it does make more sense to blame Jerry for the 20+ years of ineptitude rather than a guy that wasn't even here for half of that ineptitude.
Blah blah blah. Your needle is broken.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I don't care about "blaming" anyone. I want someone, anyone, I don't care who, to be the REASON why we won. No one has given me that reason in 22 years.