Every int thrown by Dak in 2017

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some of those were on the wideouts running shoddy routes..SOME were just good plays by the corners,and some are on Dak. Dunno what point is really being made here. Dak himself has said recently he needs to be better and even gave himself a C grade for last year. If we are all being honest and took our blinders off, we would admit that MUCH of the blame was 2 fold. The coaching by Linehan was just bad at times, and the oline was GAWD awful at various times,mainly on that left side. It got into Daks' head..thus he lost some confidence. Lets hope Tyron is healthy and that our left guard sitch is fixed. NOT HAVING ZEKE behind Dak matters btw.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
2014 Dallas Cowboys 15 435 304 69.9 29.0 3,705 8.5 247.0 34 7.8 9 2.1 68T 49 10 29 215 113.2
2013 Dallas Cowboys 15 535 342 63.9 35.7 3,828 7.2 255.2 31 5.8 10 1.9 82T 44 7 35 272 96.7
2012 Dallas Cowboys 16 648 425 65.6 40.5 4,903 7.6 306.4 28 4.3 19 2.9 85T 54 9 36 263 90.5
2011 Dallas Cowboys 16 522 346 66.3 32.6 4,184 8.0 261.5 31 5.9 10 1.9 77 56 11 36 227 102.5
TD INT

That's Romo stats in a 4 year stretch, wake us us when Dak even gets close to those numbers ....thks...now lets all go watch Dak hand the ball off to Zeke and throw a zillion dink and dunk passes...thks

EPIC fail...

2014 was IMO Tony Romos best yr as a pro. Why? Because that team had the most success and he didnt turn the ball over. 2012 he was chucking the ball all over the field and turning it over just as much as he was throwing TDs.

2014 Tony Romo
3705 yrds 69.9 pct 34 td 9 int 113 rating

2016 Dak Prescott
3667 yrds 67.8 pct 23td 4 int 104 rating

Nearly matched Romo in his rookie yr.

People like you bad mouth the OL play, zeke troubles, the defense inability to play without Lee and lets not forget the WRs...That is until the topic of Dak comes up. Then all the gripe of that goers away and its all Daks fault.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know who had a great rookie year?

usatsi_8745886.jpg

That 2016 season was an anomaly pleighboi
Why was 2016 a anomaly but 2017 wasn't? And stop bringing up Robert. Him and Dak are nothing alike.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Moving the goal posts now?

Did Rex Grossman suck? Was he the starting QB on a team that went 13-3?

Your argument was poor and wrong. Just admit it and move on.
I'm moving the goal posts.....your argument is poor. You are comparing what Dak did his rookie year to Rex Grossman. I at least get the RG3 comparison but to compare him to Rex is moronic and silly.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL, exactly what people said in 2016 before Dak had 2017. Consider for a moment that you guys were dead wrong about 2016?
Is that how logic works in your feable mind? Play great your rookie year and play great the first 8 games of last season and that means you are what you showed in the last 8 games of the season? Sound logic.....naw....no it isn't.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I'm moving the goal posts.....your argument is poor. You are comparing what Dak did his rookie year to Rex Grossman. I at least get the RG3 comparison but to compare him to Rex is moronic and silly.

Fact 1 - You said players who suck don't go 13-3.
Fact 2 - Rex Grossman started at QB for the 13-3 Bears in 2006.
Fact 3 - Rex Grossman sucks (and sucked at the time).

Ergo, your claim was inaccurate. I have not changed my argument at all. My argument is not even really an argument, but a statement of fact.

I am not comparing Dak to Rex Grossman. Rex Grossman is an example that proves your argument false. This isn't complicated. This is about as basic as it gets. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Is that how logic works in your feable mind? Play great your rookie year and play great the first 8 games of last season and that means you are what you showed in the last 8 games of the season? Sound logic.....naw....no it isn't.

I don't think you have the first clue about logic. You're just rambling incoherently now.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Why was 2016 a anomaly but 2017 wasn't? And stop bringing up Robert. Him and Dak are nothing alike.
Umm maybe because he didnt catch the league by suprise in year 2, like he did year 1...

Romo himself knew that the offense would struggle with Dak this year because of this

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Ergo, your claim was inaccurate. I have not changed my argument at all. My argument is not even really an argument, but a statement of fact.

I am not comparing Dak to Rex Grossman. Rex Grossman is an example that proves your argument false. This isn't complicated. This is about as basic as it gets. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I don't think you have the first clue about logic. You're just rambling incoherently now.
Actually I asked you to name the long list of qbs that have sucked and still went 3-3...and your long list was compiled of one person.

To prove your point you brought one guy who had the best defense in the leagues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Umm maybe because he didnt catch the league by suprise in year 2, like he did year 1...

Romo himself knew that the offense would struggle with Dak this year because of this
He caught the league by surprise lol.......well goodness why didn't Drew Henson or Chad Hutchinson catch the league by surprise.

Techsass

Reaction score
I was a big time Romo fan, even tho I recognized a lot of his flaws. I'm also a big Dak fan & guess what? I don't think he's the greatest QB playing. I do think both of them are/were good enough to get us there, just not all on their own.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Interesting facts. I didn’t remember that about Rex Grossman. Thanks for the info.

Techsass

Reaction score
Didn't Washington try Rex out at QB? I don't think it worked out that well.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

I’ve always argued that once the league has an entire off season to have the defensive coordinators, coaches, assistant coaches, and interns break down film on a player and determine tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses it’s a different ball game.

Everyone thought that the running qb was gonna be a big hit when RG3 was a rookie. Wow this is unstoppable ect...well it’s not a big “hot” trend anymore.

The 2012 season saw more NFL teams adopt the option offense, the most prominent being the Washington Commanders, the Seattle Seahawks and the San Francisco 49ers.[20][21] 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards (a NFL single game record for a QB) on 16 carries using the read option out of the pistol formation vs. the Green Bay Packers in a Divisional Playoff game on January 12, 2013. As a team, the San Francisco 49ers rushed for 323 yards on 43 carries.[22]

The 2013 season saw University of Oregon's head coach Chip Kelly move to the NFL to take the head coaching job for the Philadelphia Eagles. At the start of the season, Michael Vick was named the starting QB and the read option was used with Vick's athletic ability to take advantage of running situations for the quarterback. However, by the 6th week, Vick was injured and Nick Foles took over as starter. Even though Foles had less running ability than Vick, the read option was continued and used successfully. The theory that the read option can work even with pocket passers is that as long as the quarterback can get positive yardage, big gains are not necessary as it keeps the defense honest.

The use of the read option in the NFL has been somewhat controversial, the main reason being that it puts the QB at greater risk of injury.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Option_offense