Video: Every Quincy Carter TD pass

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I know this isn’t popular but I loved Quincey carter!

To be honest, when he was drafted I defended him like it was my own child. I spent time on Extremeskins.com arguing with Art that Quincy would have a better career than Michael Vick. Now consider this may have been self medicating bravado and nothing akin to actually thinking about the two players and making an educated comparison.

But something happened during a season when Dallas played Arizona. The game that caused Quincy to be benched and Chad inserted.

Dale, who is a legend on this site, and now a sports journalists. At least he was last time i asked him. He was an intern with the Dallas Cowboys working with Eatman and Spags.

Evidently Quincy struggled with the new aspects of the route tree added by Bruce Coslet. It had to do with reading the defender and which branch to choose to get open. Quincy struggled with this because he either didn't completely understand it, or was high on chronic, or just not clever enough to grasp the finer details of this new addition.

He asked the receivers to run the routes as before and ignore this new read/react. They did so and Coslet came unhinged. He screamed at the QB and receivers. Quincy said nothing in the defense of the receivers and allowed them to take the brunt of the blame.

After practice Joey Galloway confronted Quincy with Emmitt. Not certain why Emmitt was there, but maybe as a respected leader to offer his thoughts.

Arizona came up as the next game. Quincy again went to the receivers and asked them to run the old routes and not the new reads. They ignored him and he threw four picks. He was benched and had a very public screaming match with Jerry on the sidelines.

He never started again.

It was when Dale told me the story, and asked me not to reveal where I got it that I jumped off the Quincy bandwagon.

Reaction score
This was a cool video... some really nice plays by Quincy. It’s a good reminder that, you can take whoever you think is the worst QB in the league, and that guy has dozens upon dozens of great plays that can be put in a highlight reel.
team had some serious weapons.....Galloway, Glenn, A. Bryant, Witten (Rook)....solid oline, enjoyed that

Gaede

Reaction score
I liked Quincy and was cheering for him. Had some real talent, just not all there obviously.

My favorite play of his was the TD to Bryant vs Carolina.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The fact that BP went to the playoffs with him was a miracle.
I honestly dont remember watching that game nor anything about it. Im sure I did yet I dont remember. It would probably win (or lose) in a poll of what is the least significant playoff game in cowboys history.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Wow. Great memories. 20 seasons ago. How time flies. Quincy Carter was a very good QB, much better than he's ever given credit for. Too bad his habit of smoking pot did him in. He sure could throw the football and run with it as well. Reminds me a lot of today's Dak. Thanks for the thread and video, @Zordon . Good stuff.

RIP, Terry Glenn :(

He did more than pot. Did blow too

kskboys

Reaction score
Quincy was terrible at throwing the football. Threw a ton of ducks, and had a terrible comp % at 56.5, and threw more INT's than TD's every year he played for us. His career rushing average was 3.4 YPC.

I honestly cannot comprehend how or why some think he was a good QB. He was terrible. His best year he threw for only
3,302 yds w/ 17 TD's and 21 INT's.

What exactly are you guys referring to who thought he was good? I watched him and thought he sucked, and I look at his stats and they look as if he sucked. 6.5 Yards per play in his best year w/ a 71 QBR.

So, seriously, what is it? The 257 yards rushing in his best year? Even adding in his 2 TD's rushing that year, he's still only at 19 TD's.

I don't get it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Quincy Carter was the QB of the first Cowboys game that I attended in which we won. It was at Washington and I was given box seats by an insurance rep. My brother and I had a bad streak going. He did not come to that game!

Fun day!

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Someone just uploaded this to youtube.

Carter had very good QB talent. Jerry Jones drafted him to high with a drug problem and then exasperated his paranoid drug illusions with Henson, and Hutchinson. But, Parcells really wanted to save Carter's career and no matter what people say about Carter was the only QB to lead the Cowboys to the playoffs since Troy Aikman and had the same playoff record as Tony Romo until Romo actually won a wild card game in 2009.

But....

Valkyr

Reaction score
Quincy was if you gave Nathan Peterman a starting job for a few years.

A high off his *** Nathan Peterman.