Video: Every Romo TD

zerofill

Reaction score
Yea, all those late season picks in crunch time was really "elevating" his team. And I still contend, that jump ball to Bryant against Green Bay was one of the most arrogant, stupidest throws #9 has ever made. He was all about self glorification versus what's best for the team. That's why he lives in the shadow of Brady, Brees, Rodgers, etc.

Kinda like poor injured Dak playing in the Eagles game, when he wasn't able to throw the ball... He was all about self glorification versus what's best for the team. :(

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The defense virtually always gave up the late drive to lose the game regardless of the score. That was the problem. Invariably, he'd have to go back out there with 28 seconds left to try and match what the wet-paper-back defense just gave up. Then, God forbid he missed a throw late, and he'd get the blame.

He suffered the three worst Cowboys defenses in team history. In fact, one of those teams was statistically the worst in NFL HISTORY. It was grotesquely bad, giving up over 500 yards a game if I recall correctly.
You live in fantasy world of extremes man. They didn’t virtually always give up a late score, they occasionally did it. It’s like people saying Romo virtually always threw game ending interceptions.

And you are bringing up yards. Yeah, the defense gave up a ton of yards. Dak Prescott threw for a ton of yards last year. For some reason you don’t think he’s good because of it, do you? No, you don’t. You’ll pick the games apart one by one to show he beat up on bad teams and had garbage time stats.

A season is comprised of 16 games. The defense wasn’t horrible in every single game, just like Prescott wasn’t great in every game last year despite throwing for a ton of yards. But you use high level stats to push your agenda. In this case you are trying to exaggerate everything you can to make Tony Romo the hero fighting against insurmountable odds.

It’s the same thing with your views on our running game where I had to go give you the stats that showed our running game wasn’t that bad, we just didn’t use it. Then you claimed we couldn’t covert on 3rd and short and I showed you where we had been pretty effective at that, too. The failures just stick out more in your mind.m

Your claim was Romo was dragging 5-11 teams to the playoffs. I said he was dragging those teams to 8-8. Were the playoff team defenses historically bad, or were the 8-8 defenses historically bad? And what part of our tendency to abandon the running game and become pass happy during that time do you think might have contributed to those historically bad defenses?

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
You live in fantasy world of extremes man. They didn’t virtually always give up a late score, they occasionally did it. It’s like people saying Romo virtually always threw game ending interceptions.

And you are bringing up yards. Yeah, the defense gave up a ton of yards. Dak Prescott threw for a ton of yards last year. For some reason you don’t think he’s good because of it, do you? No, you don’t. You’ll pick the games apart one by one to show he beat up on bad teams and had garbage time stats.

A season is comprised of 16 games. The defense wasn’t horrible in every single game, just like Prescott wasn’t great in every game last year despite throwing for a ton of yards. But you use high level stats to push your agenda. In this case you are trying to exaggerate everything you can to make Tony Romo the hero fighting against insurmountable odds.

It’s the same thing with your views on our running game where I had to go give you the stats that showed our running game wasn’t that bad, we just didn’t use it. Then you claimed we couldn’t covert on 3rd and short and I showed you where we had been pretty effective at that, too. The failures just stick out more in your mind.m

Your claim was Romo was dragging 5-11 teams to the playoffs. I said he was dragging those teams to 8-8. Were the playoff team defenses historically bad, or were the 8-8 defenses historically bad? And what part of our tendency to abandon the running game and become pass happy during that time do you think might have contributed to those historically bad defenses?
I agree, yards are stupid, as are most stats.

But those defenses those three years rarely forced a punt. No pass rush, no run defense, no ability to cover. It was dreadful.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I agree, yards are stupid, as are most stats.

But those defenses those three years rarely forced a punt. No pass rush, no run defense, no ability to cover. It was dreadful.
I agree they were bad, but it's not like Tony Romo had to go put up 52 points a game for 10 years because we once lost a game 51-48. That's an outlier.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
XYQWh6u.gif
lol this is me IRL

And why this doesn't have more likes is criminal

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
….until Romo/JWitt/JG had other ideas with the BFF theory, and despite T.O. embarrassing himself with support of Romo with the infamous "That's my QB" interview.
Imagine supporting a guy like that in an interview. Just for him to cry to jerry and get you fired.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
When you look at both players from a strictly QB position ability, it's no contest. Romo was far more talented of a QB than Dak is or will prob ever be. Romo had better awareness in the pocket, better accuracy, better timing better understanding of the D and coverage. The only advantage Dak has over Romo is health. And we will see how that is going when he is 30. Romo at 26 was pretty athletic and durable as well but a lot more reckless. Romo got better every year and you could see it. 2014 was just a masterful season of QB play. We should have gone to the SB that year but fate didn't allow it with a fumble and a bad call both going against the boys. Dak shows glimpses of getting better and then it goes away. He is just not consistent in his play. His performance against better teams has been declining since his rookie year, that needs to reverse it self and quick. Dak does have some good traits, he is a good leader (everyone says that, I have to assume they are honest), he plays hard, he works hard, he is a really good athlete. They each bring something to the table that the other didn't/doesn't. I agree that Dak is the future of the QB in Dallas, so I hope he turns into everything some of you think he already is. I just haven't seen it on a consistent enough basis to say he is there.

cowboygo

Reaction score
When you look at both players from a strictly QB position ability, it's no contest. Romo was far more talented of a QB than Dak is or will prob ever be. Romo had better awareness in the pocket, better accuracy, better timing better understanding of the D and coverage. The only advantage Dak has over Romo is health. And we will see how that is going when he is 30. Romo at 26 was pretty athletic and durable as well but a lot more reckless. Romo got better every year and you could see it. 2014 was just a masterful season of QB play. We should have gone to the SB that year but fate didn't allow it with a fumble and a bad call both going against the boys. Dak shows glimpses of getting better and then it goes away. He is just not consistent in his play. His performance against better teams has been declining since his rookie year, that needs to reverse it self and quick. Dak does have some good traits, he is a good leader (everyone says that, I have to assume they are honest), he plays hard, he works hard, he is a really good athlete. They each bring something to the table that the other didn't/doesn't. I agree that Dak is the future of the QB in Dallas, so I hope he turns into everything some of you think he already is. I just haven't seen it on a consistent enough basis to say he is there.
2014 was a beautiful season indeed. It was also Romo's 9th year starting. Will Dak follow that same career arc and improve each year? I do think Dak has improved as a QB since his rookie year, even though the record doesn't show it. His rookie year he had an amazing O-Line. It hasn't been near the same level of dominance since that year, even if the players remained largely the same. Now Dak will go into the season with on paper, the best weapons he's had so far in his career. He's going to put up gaudy stats. I think changing the main gameplan of playing NOT to lose will show us what Dak can truly become. Lots of people will hate to hear this, but Dak will most likely accomplish more than Romo ever could - Stats and playoff success.

erod

Reaction score
I agree they were bad, but it's not like Tony Romo had to go put up 52 points a game for 10 years because we once lost a game 51-48. That's an outlier.
There were so many times he'd get a score to tie or take a lead with less than 3 or 4 minutes left, and we all KNEW we'd give it up. The defense had zero chance to make important plays late in games against good teams.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There were so many times he'd get a score to tie or take a lead with less than 3 or 4 minutes left, and we all KNEW we'd give it up. The defense had zero chance to make important plays late in games against good teams.
I’d be interestedly knowing just how many times in his career this happened. If I have time this week, I will flip through his games and get a summary together.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This Romo TD video is disgusting. It represents a lie about Tony, he had his share of terrible games as well. There is a reason he didn't get to any NFC championship games. There is a reason he will never even be considered for hall of fame honors. He might sniff the RoH but only because JJ considers him one of his sons and JJ definitely believes in nepotism. Romo losing his job to rookie Dak was the best thing that happened to the Cowboys in 2016 and I don't need to remind anyone what a great season that was for the Cowboys.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This Romo TD video is disgusting. It represents a lie about Tony, he had his share of terrible games as well. There is a reason he didn't get to any NFC championship games. There is a reason he will never even be considered for hall of fame honors. He might sniff the RoH but only because JJ considers him one of his sons and JJ definitely believes in nepotism. Romo losing his job to rookie Dak was the best thing that happened to the Cowboys in 2016 and I don't need to remind anyone what a great season that was for the Cowboys.
What the hell is your problem?
What is your problem with a thread celebrating a former Cowboy player on a Cowboy fan site?
Of course he (and every single QB that ever played) had costly turnovers. Brady had 4 game ending ints in one single season alone and he's in the GOAT discussions.
get a grip

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What the hell is your problem?
What is your problem with a thread celebrating a former Cowboy player on a Cowboy fan site?
Of course he (and every single QB that ever played) had costly turnovers. Brady had 4 game ending ints in one single season alone and he's in the GOAT discussions.
get a grip
You bring up Brady in Romo hype thread as if they are remotely similar? Romo is a joke compared to Brady. Romo is a joke, period. Thank god we finally have a QB in Dak that can take us to the Super Bowl. lol

FTWayne

Reaction score
only way Dak takes us to the superbowl is if he gets signed and he releases some money to buy everybody a ticket. OHH

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
only way Dak takes us to the superbowl is if he gets signed and he releases some money to buy everybody a ticket. OHH
Why are you so obsessed with slamming Dak? This thread isn't even about Dak but here you are jumping at yet another chance to slam on Dak.

zack

Reaction score
I’d be interestedly knowing just how many times in his career this happened. If I have time this week, I will flip through his games and get a summary together.

I think that you will find it happened a lot through his career. I am actually shocked that people are actually here defending the defense which was completely horrible for a majority of his career. To me it seemed like every year, games would come down to the wire and our defense was always there to give up a late score, leave very little time on the clock for the offense to even have a chance to win the game.