Everyone needs to take a step back

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.

Ken

Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.
Agreed. This is a 13-3 team we are facing.

This is not going to be easy in any way and people need to be prepared for that.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Fans can be over confident, look past games ect..
The organization, HC and players can't.
If someone wants to post super bowl matchups this week, let them.
If we lose it's over for the dream this year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'd rather play the Saints, but yea, this team can beat anyone.
Yeah, me too. I just don't fear them. They have 2 offensive weapons to stop in Kamara and Thomas. Brees is the better QB but he does not have as much to work with!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

On the road where majority most likely are Boys fans. Only way they blow us out is if they blitz Dak non stop and he's fumbling/throwing ints, and stop Zeke.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
538 gives the ELO spread at 4.5 pts, or a 66% chance of a Rams win. Winning this game isn't impossible, but I'm not sure I love the matchups for the Cowboys.

Right now I'm enjoying the ride - this team exceeded my expectations so I no longer make predictions lol.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Much rather play the Rams than the Saints. It won't be an easy game for sure, but the Rams stumbled a little bit down the stretch. I think our defense can punch them in the mouth, especially if Gurley isn't 100%. We have tape on them from last year's game, which should have been a win. They don't really have a home field advantage. I'd expect tons of Cowboys fans to be in attendance. If we play our game and let Dak run like he did Saturday night, it will be close at the end with a chance for us to win it.

I think the Eagles are going to get blown out in NO, and we may have suffered a similar fate. The Saints are just a different animal in that building.

bark

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is assuming we will automatically beat the Rams.
I think most feel that they will have less of a home field advantage and like our run game vs their run defense.
Goff has been rattled and prone to turnovers when pressured.
Just a few things most are focusing on but hey, if you want to tamper your expectations.
I’m going full throttle until the wheel stops turning

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I just don't fear them. They have 2 offensive weapons to stop in Kamara and Thomas. Brees is the better QB but he does not have as much to work with!
I don't really buy that Brees is better than Goff, at this point.

They're effectively the same player, but Brees doesn't have any arm strength anymore.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I know the Rams are a tough team they earned their way in. Having said that this is the post season it is the time to get excited, tempering your feelings will not lessen the disappointment of a loss or alter the excitement of a win. This is the time to let it all hang out and what ever happens is going to happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't really buy that Brees is better than Goff, at this point.

They're effectively the same player, but Brees doesn't have any arm strength anymore.

Brees has the experience and that can be a big factor in post season

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I know the Rams are a tough team they earned their way in. Having said that this is the post season it is the time to get excited, tempering your feelings will not lessen the disappointment of a loss or alter the excitement of a win. This is the time to let it all hang out and what ever happens is going to happen.
I will only get excited if we make it to the NFCCG because we haven't been there in 25 years.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Brees has the experience and that can be a big factor in post season
Yea, true.

I just think you could switch both those QBs and the results would basically be the same for each team. They're both excellent at playing in their systems, but neither could thrive in, say, Dallas' system.