Everyone needs to take a step back

Sydla

Reaction score
So? They're 13-3, and have the best RB in football (Sorry but Gurley being 1st team all-pro makes him better), one of the best young coaches. This is not going to be an easy out. None of them will be.

Gurley and Zeke are splitting hairs here. Kind of a silly point.

Plus, Zeke is totally healthy for this game, Gurley is battling a knee injury that has limited him recently.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gurley is not the best RB in this game. Gurley makes a lot of splash plays by the design of the Offense. They live on the outside, get him in space and he is fast so he can out run a lot of LBers to the edge. But he is not the work horse that Zeke is. He doesn't do the dirty yards very well. He is a good RB, not saying otherwise, but if I am building a team from scratch and my two choices were zeke and todd, I take Zeke 100% of the time. And with our speed and power at LB, I don't think he will be able to consistently beat them to the edge this game and he will take a pounding by being turned inside a lot. I am not overly concerned with their running attack and if we can get pressure on Goff consistently, he will be rattled. I think they will struggle to score 17 points this week. I just hope we can score 18 :)

Yes, the case can be made that Gurley is the best RB in football. It's close between the two.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the Rams are a tough team they earned their way in. Having said that this is the post season it is the time to get excited, tempering your feelings will not lessen the disappointment of a loss or alter the excitement of a win. This is the time to let it all hang out and what ever happens is going to happen.
So well put.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish you would step back From that ledge my friend You could cut ties with all the lies That you've been living in And if you do not want to see me again I would understand I would understand

Here in all its Grandeur the Troll:( pops up trying to BULLY everyone from supporting the true football reality of our teams strengths and weakness.....o_O

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.
Step back for what reason? So we don't influence the game? So that we're properly afraid so the players play hard?

Silly

Reaction score
Agreed. This is a 13-3 team we are facing.

This is not going to be easy in any way and people need to be prepared for that.

Hey Ken,

Dallas just won two hard fought games. That winning will make them meaner and tougher. The Rams are dead meat.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am super happy we won. I said that if we beat seattle I feel we can beat anybody in the playoffs. and I still believe that.

I keep seeing posts where the Rams are scared to play us, We're definitely moving on to the NFCCG, etc. There is still a game to play people. I understand the excitement, and optimism but Gurley, Donald, Suh, Goff are no joke. They could easily blow the Cowboys out of the stadium.

I feel more confident in this game than if the Cowboys were going to the saints, but it is on the road, and the Cowboys will still need to execute.
Why? Why do we need to take a step back? Why can't we just be fans and root wildly and believe in our team?

I don't understand the premise or the need for this thread.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I'd rather play the Saints.

This game will be tough.

If we beat the Rams, we can beat anyone.

The Rams are good.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think that it's tough to temper the excitement, when this is most likely the best shot we could have at advancing to the NFC Championship game, we have had in a while. Doesn't mean that the Rams will be an guaranteed win or an easy win. But, there is the potential that we could beat them, if the Defense can rattle Goff, like the Bears D did and Zeke can have a big game against the Rams poor run D.

JReed1000

Reaction score
We were 13-3 in 2016...what happened to us...We got Aaron Rogered....They can lose.

GridironGreat

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. I just don't fear them. They have 2 offensive weapons to stop in Kamara and Thomas. Brees is the better QB but he does not have as much to work with!

Thomas > Cooks
Gurley > Kamara
Brees > Goff
Woods > Saints 2nd WR

Saints defense > Rams defense

Superdome > LA Stadium

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Much rather play the Rams than the Saints. It won't be an easy game for sure, but the Rams stumbled a little bit down the stretch. I think our defense can punch them in the mouth, especially if Gurley isn't 100%. We have tape on them from last year's game, which should have been a win. They don't really have a home field advantage. I'd expect tons of Cowboys fans to be in attendance. If we play our game and let Dak run like he did Saturday night, it will be close at the end with a chance for us to win it.

I think the Eagles are going to get blown out in NO, and we may have suffered a similar fate. The Saints are just a different animal in that building.

This is what we want.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We are part of the Elite Eight ........no easy games left. In fact, they're going to get harder all the way to Atlanta. Like DLaw said when asked if he had a preference between Rams or Saints, hell no, just line up the next team, we're are ready.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score

Amen and amen.

Exactly how I feel.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is sitting at home this weekend. So I'm okay with our opponent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yes, the case can be made that Gurley is the best RB in football. It's close between the two.

This may be true but Gurley IS NOT 100%. In fact, just read a tweet yesterday, even he's concern how or whether or not he can hold up for the entire game. He talked about confidence in his backup CJ Anderson being ready to go just in case. I'm sure he plays but at what level, we'll see.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't really buy that Brees is better than Goff, at this point.

They're effectively the same player, but Brees doesn't have any arm strength anymore.

Goff has fewer playoff wins than Dak.

If my choice to win a playoff game is Brees or Goff, I'm taking Brees. Experience at QB makes a difference, as we saw in 3 of the 4 games wild card weekend.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Experience at QB makes a difference, as we saw in 3 of the 4 games wild card weekend.
Not that I'm discounting experience, but we didn't see that this weekend. Of the four games, the less experienced QB was better in at least two of the games. Trubisky and Dak. Jackson was bad, but he's bad anyways lol.